QOL Improvement ideas for ALL modded servers that would be nice to have some ideas//feedback on

Greetings to all,
TLDR;  I have played for years on rust and have 4 suggestions for a QOL of the servers, I have went into many servers//communities, seen a LOT of plugins that are beneficial for server stability as well as inclusion for ALL members or select ones, and I come to this server to see how it is, add suggestion ideas, and just enjoy my self here since unfortunately the last PVE server I mained on has shut down and thus a lot of these suggestions come from that location because it worked so well.

1) Base repair plugin;  1 tap against a wall, floor, whatever it is, and the ENTIRE base will repair (ASSUMING you have the mats on your person).  VERY beneficial for multi heli runs, convoy hits, etc.
-Gives players more of an incentive to cause chaos with Heli's.
-Gives players more of an incentive to buy into VIP or such for this ability as it could be considered OP in some fashions.
-It's just better than the in-game repair which takes forever and you have to remember to leave access points to certain pieces so the base doesn't fall down bla bla bla.
(Fill in the rest with your ideas~ I have ran out at the moment in time)

2) Convoy inclusion;  It would be neat to have a convoy roll through the map on the main roads, you choose if you want to engage, and to keep it fair for all, only 1 Bradley per team (usually 2 spawn in a convoy along with a few modular cars etc).
-Keeps things fair so multiple people can't camp the same thing before anyone else can.
-There's a crate in the dead center people can work together for within the convoy (timed crate).

-Gives versatility to the server of random events//things that happen and gives variety to what happens ESPECIALLY with the current weather systems, love it, I'd love to see a convoy roll through in the dense fog.

-Gives a chance to get to know the Brad, along with other NPC's of the convoy (scientists etc).
-Rolling monument, it comes and goes from you but limited for loot due to 1 crate so it's not too OP.

-Think there's also a heli scaler too, for difficulty and calling etc?

3) Raiding system; (essentially a LOT of the same benefits that number 2 has) - Buyable raid bases that players can make and submit into a table that randomly pop up and spawn; this WOULD however have mini PVP zones for just the base, but can be restricted for WHO can enter and who can not etc etc etc.
-Gives player inclusion to make something productive to test build strengths, ideas, etc

-Gives Mods and Admins a fun project to make a terror of a base to see who can take it on

-Gives the server more versatility with events and processes that go on.
-Selectable on either TEAM raids or WHOLE server raids. (depending on the base//setup).

-Selectable tiers//levels of difficulty to introduce people into raiding or who just have that knack to get out of the system.

-Beneficial way to obtain loot which of course all loot tables are adjustable within each raid and can be limited for box amount, trap amount, etc.

4)  Another thing I've seen in another server I have loved, is a flood.  Every x amount of time that passes, or randomly, the map will FLOOD and peak off at a certain altitude level.
-Mainly just for randomness

-Land locking the server for a short bit while it floods to add a difference to everything including the atmosphere.
-Gives the server more of a "oh no" aspect when things seem fine and you suddenly need to get to x altitude to NOT drown if you forgot your scuba tank.

Hopefully the vision is at least seen for the aspects that these suggestions could bring to not only heighten the community's strength in versatility but also to keep new and veteran players hooked on the different things that can be done and accomplished.  These suggestions kept me on 1 PVE server for awhile.  Again, just some thoughts to think on~

~Grin

• Staff
4 minutes ago, GrinCulus said:

Greetings to all,
TLDR;  I have played for years on rust and have 4 suggestions for a QOL of the servers, I have went into many servers//communities, seen a LOT of plugins that are beneficial for server stability as well as inclusion for ALL members or select ones, and I come to this server to see how it is, add suggestion ideas, and just enjoy my self here since unfortunately the last PVE server I mained on has shut down and thus a lot of these suggestions come from that location because it worked so well.

1) Base repair plugin;  1 tap against a wall, floor, whatever it is, and the ENTIRE base will repair (ASSUMING you have the mats on your person).  VERY beneficial for multi heli runs, convoy hits, etc.
-Gives players more of an incentive to cause chaos with Heli's.
-Gives players more of an incentive to buy into VIP or such for this ability as it could be considered OP in some fashions.
-It's just better than the in-game repair which takes forever and you have to remember to leave access points to certain pieces so the base doesn't fall down bla bla bla.

2) Convoy inclusion;  It would be neat to have a convoy roll through the map on the main roads, you choose if you want to engage, and to keep it fair for all, only 1 Bradley per team (usually 2 spawn in a convoy along with a few modular cars etc).
-Keeps things fair so multiple people can't camp the same thing before anyone else can.
-There's a crate in the dead center people can work together for within the convoy (timed crate).

-Gives versatility to the server of random events//things that happen and gives variety to what happens ESPECIALLY with the current weather systems, love it, I'd love to see a convoy roll through in the dense fog.

-Gives a chance to get to know the Brad, along with other NPC's of the convoy (scientists etc).
-Rolling monument, it comes and goes from you but limited for loot due to 1 crate so it's not too OP.

-Think there's also a heli scaler too, for difficulty and calling etc?

3) Raiding system; (essentially a LOT of the same benefits that number 2 has) - Buyable raid bases that players can make and submit into a table that randomly pop up and spawn; this WOULD however have mini PVP zones for just the base, but can be restricted for WHO can enter and who can not etc etc etc.
-Gives player inclusion to make something productive to test build strengths, ideas, etc

-Gives Mods and Admins a fun project to make a terror of a base to see who can take it on

-Gives the server more versatility with events and processes that go on.
-Selectable on either TEAM raids or WHOLE server raids. (depending on the base//setup).

-Selectable tiers//levels of difficulty to introduce people into raiding or who just have that knack to get out of the system.

-Beneficial way to obtain loot which of course all loot tables are adjustable within each raid and can be limited for box amount, trap amount, etc.

4)  Another thing I've seen in another server I have loved, is a flood.  Every x amount of time that passes, or randomly, the map will FLOOD and peak off at a certain altitude level.
-Mainly just for randomness

-Land locking the server for a short bit while it floods to add a difference to everything including the atmosphere.
-Gives the server more of a "oh no" aspect when things seem fine and you suddenly need to get to x altitude to NOT drown if you forgot your scuba tank.

Hopefully the vision is at least seen for the aspects that these suggestions could bring to not only heighten the community's strength in versatility but also to keep new and veteran players hooked on the different things that can be done and accomplished.  These suggestions kept me on 1 PVE server for awhile.  Again, just some thoughts to think on~

~Grin

First of all, welcome and glad to have any post in this topic however big or small it might be, I'd like to touch on a few topics here and offer wisdom as well as transparency;

#1 Would love to see a feature like this and find no reason not to have something like this. I am long from my days of building heli towers but this for sure would make it interesting and less worrisome about finding every panel and checking its heath after taking a heli.

#2 Like you'll see from my other responses here, most if not all plugins on our server are owned/written/co-written by Death as to increase stability and customizability of said plugin for each of our servers. Being that as it may: I would love to see something like this, of course taking into account that the convy could only damage players/structures of people that attack it (I'd hate to walk out of my base and get a cannon shell to the face and have my base be destroyed Lul).

#3 Raidable bases (Gosh how many times this one is brought up sheesh) We did at one point have raidable NPC garrisons but like mentioned above they were buggy and created server lag/crashes and were eventually taken out with the hopes that someday in the distant future Death work work on his own or work with a dev on replacing it with some custom version. As to when and also when you'll need to ask Death maybe in a Q&A or something.

#4 As for this one, I'm unsure how I feel I have no knowledge of how people word feel about this especially if it were to turn off their furnaces (Oh dear lord noooo).

That's all I really got for now, any other questions or what not I can try to answer or pass on or hopefully Death will get time to skim over this post 🙂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Fair enough and greatly appreciated, I just know sometimes I tend to go into very detailed explanations that very quickly bore people.  However, because I have some knowledge on those worries you've brought up I will just proceed straight into it, starting off of course with number 1.

1)  Not a worry, we are in absolute agreeance - just want to add on, this is one reason why I spend a month designing a blueprint of my base, in fortify and correcting it, for a LITERAL all-in-one tower setup.  Encompases vehicles, heli's (Scrappys also), full automation and electrical cycling for reduced lag, shops for drones, space for interior farming if i want..... literally, AIO.  Straight into a circular tower that is smaller than some clan bases and uses no external TC's.
-Fun fact; If I convert it over, and someone goes the wrong way to take it out, it could be upwards of 50-90 rockets, literally depending on if they choose the correct spot and pathing if it's on a PVP server xD

2)  Yes I have been slowly noticing that and that is super awesome, customizability is literally the way of life for me.  
-The way the other server had it set, was NO building damage out-right, but it COULD kill you as the player if it sniped you through a window or explosion of course close enough to you. 
-The attacking was unbiased, if you were in it's LOS it would stop convoy, guards would get out, they'd attempt to come over and kill you, etc.  if you set up the RAID portion, then yes, can spawn LOADS of npc's to attempt to raid you which then involves a bunch of turrets etc.  THAT section definitely lags the server if a bunch is going at 1 time, AND it's in abundance of electrical loads due to defenses.
-You'd most certainly get a cannon shell to the face, followed by some m249's on full auto at you, just a fewww rockets from a heli, absolutely get wasted, but the base wouldn't take any damage (nor deployables//rugs etc).

3)  Because it's fun and awesome, it bounces so much creativity back and forth especially when you get a community working with it's self, to build the best raid base, then work together to then conquer it and blow it to bits and pieces.  Only to construct better.

-Raidable garrisons, I believe this is more relevant to number 2 at the moment, for the raidable aspects.  The base raiding was sep..arate...kinda, they had NPC's that'd either spawn and attempt to guard it (within that zone), or none at all.  I'm not entirely sure if it was all 1 plugin or not but definitely removeable so it's just like an offline raid w/o the lag of the NPC's.  
-Only lag I'd think that'd be really impactful is how many bases spawn in and despawn, and if they do so in unison or if they are spaced out, how large they are and exactly what all is being dropped in.
-Maybe the spot finding would have a slight problem with high pop, but generally if it's built and implemented well, it does (at least use to as of about 6ish months ago) respect terrain heights for the most part and moves onto the placing phase instead of sitting and thinking about where to put it lol.

4) The last time that I experienced that plugin, was about 6ish months ago, prior to it all going poof, my fires burnt underwater.  I was frying me some bear meat walking on the NEW seabed the first time I built up until I couldn't find my scuba tank and died not being able to get out of my base quick enough to get to surface.  
-did not affect the electrical.
-Mainly cosmetic that affected the player and vehicles (submarine, kayak, boats).

-If things were on, it'd remain on, if it was off, you'd have to wait for water to receed to kick it on.

-If people are smart and read, they'll know to build and be above (whatever meter altitude from ground) to be in safety and just enjoy the new beach front house they built for 5mins (or however long the flood is suppose to last) before the water goes back down//receeds.

-I use to build my less useful things at the bottom of my tower, and lock my submarine and rhib with a roof so they don't float out but once that water came up, i'd be up 3-4floors in my tower cooking or doing whatever peeking out my window to see the water level.  Once it receeded, I went back out to farm//venture etc.
-It does have a warning that can ring out, and an air raid siren basically that sounds before it does flood so you CAN get to a safe altitude w/o needing to worry about it.
-For the brief 5 minutes (or however long the flood is designated to last) you could just boat around 3/4 the map.

Sounds good, like I said, just wanted to pass it along and see where it goes 🙂 I appreciate the feedback!

~Grin

PS - 5)  having VIP's being able to install their own radio's in their cars (be it modular, heli, etc) would be neat, just another idea~
- Purely entertainment purposes and more incentive for the VIP or more community involvement between VIP's and non-VIP's.

Edited by GrinCulus
Forgot to add my additional brief suggestion, apologies! The addition starts at the very bottom for convenience, "PS - 5)".