US Pure Ban - INFAmod

• Staff

Offender: INFAmod     Battle Metrics      Steam Profile
Server: US Pure
Time: 11:38pm eastern
Length: Permanent
Reason: Griefing
More Info (Optional): 

INFAmod  was first warned for blocking off large areas of land on 07/21/2022 and on 08/03/2022 for piping across large areas of land.

On 01/08/2023 INFAmod  was kicked from the US Pure server with instructions to read the rules before rejoining when they stole a players horse and ignored attempts to stope them prior to the kick. After the kick was initiated a console warning was issued informing the INFAmod that raiding, stealing, griefing and harassing of players, bases and modes of transport are all against the rules and bannable offences. He was once again urged to type /rules in chat to avoid future warnings and possible server ban.

01/30/2023 INFAmod was warned for the destructions of multiple players base pieces and sleeping bags. (Griefing)

02/02/2023 They were warned for Griefing a base with heli aggro and hiding under it.

On 05/28/2023 I issued a warning for once again blocking off large areas of land with TC's. 
He was informed that he is allowed 1 external ring of TC's around their build but cannot block off large areas of unused land in order to prevent neighbors.

07/11/2023 INFAmod was warned for camping monuments and once again informed of the server rules.

Tonight (04/07/2024) I was called over to assist a player who was being griefed by INFAmod.
Upon going there and remaining invisible for a min to listen to how the players were interacting I heard INFAmod say that yes he accessed the power lift and removed the lock and mods on the modular vehicle that was parked there while the owner used the recycler.
He went on to say he was allowed to do it and that nothing could happen to him because he was a VIP member.
When I became visible I informed him that he cannot remove locks and steal from modes of transport that was not his and what he did was wrong.
He attempted to justify his actions when I stopped him and reminded him that he was not new to the server and knew the rules. He was informed that he was given numerous chances on a variety of rule infractions. He acknowledged and said I was right that he did know the rules and what he did was ok. I informed him at that time that what he did was grief the player/mode of transport.

INFAmod was given ample chances, time and opportunity to play by the rules of our RustEZ servers. He has shown that he has no regard for the progression and gameplay of others.

He has shown that no matter which RustEZ server he plays on he has issues with abiding by the rules and policies of those servers.

He knows the rules of the server and continued time and time again to break those rules and on some occasions break the same rule after already been given warnings. It is because of this that a long and over due ban was issued for Griefing.

With all due respect, I never said that because I was a VIP I had immunity, I just said that because I was a VIP I know the rules and that I have been playing for a while and I know the rules, but the player said rude things to me and the administrator didn't hear that? I never offended the player, rather, the player offended me, I just tried to explain to him that I was waiting to tell him that they could steal his car, I was just showing him, and that it was better to leave him aside and not about the car lifter because anyone could take it.

1. The first to call the admin was me.
2. The horn was sounding and the car was placed on the vehicle lift with no one nearby (it was not necessary to leave it there).
3. Did the administrator not hear the rude things the player said to me?
4. I never said that I was allowed to do such a thing, what I was explaining to the player was that it was not necessary to leave it on the lifter because any player could open it, perhaps I was misunderstood.
4. The other infractions are from 1 year ago and another from two years ago, and are not related to what happened today.
5. I have never repeated infractions, rather I play without bothering anyone, and I always treat all players with respect.
6. I think they have done me an injustice, since I am a very kind and collaborative player.
7. I can apologize to anyone if I have been misinterpreted or did not express myself accurately.

8. I propose that the server players be asked, survey-type, about my friendliness.

This is the first time something similar has happened for me, and I think it is exaggerated, because I repeat, I am very cordial and respectful with the players. I always help others.

I request a review of this case by a supervisor of administrators, I believe that the facts are being exaggerated.

In the 6000 hours that I have been playing, I have never been expelled or kicked from any server, neither PVE nor PVP and I played many mods servers, please do not give me this bad reputation and I promise not to enter your server if that is your verdict, I promise not to enter your server, that's my word, I'm a responsible person. You can verify my reputation in the records.

Added 04/07/2024: After a deep reflection and analysis of what happened, I have to say that I am not one of those who likes to create controversy, but I don't like injustice either, I have meditated and this goes beyond an expulsion of a servant, it seems strange to me that the administrator who expelled me when I was just beginning to express what happened (instantly without allowing me to defend myself), the proof of what I say is that I cannot have said what he says I said, because no I speak English as fluently as it says, since I am not a native English speaker, rather I speak Spanish natively, I believe with the evidence that I have that I was the victim of an act of discrimination for not speaking English fluently, I have many friends On servers that do not speak English very well, I feel that this is not a server norm (speaking perfect English). What's more, on many occasions I have interacted with very kind administrators who understand this and make an effort to understand and everything is fine, but in this case I am struck by the fact that phrases are attributed to me that I do not know how to express in English and that show that this person Maybe I didn't think I could defend myself in writing. To conclude, I don't want to be allowed to enter the server, it doesn't matter anymore, I just want to be allowed to defend myself and not be discriminated against for not speaking English perfectly, I just want to not be treated differently or by others. players for the fact of not having a native accent is just that. Please, I apologize if I have not been fluent in my English, I just want to have fun and have a good time, what's more, my time in the game “rust” is to continue practicing English, not to bother anyone. With much appreciation and respect INFAMOD “Carlos Guerrero”.

Edited by carlosagm333
  • Staff

Thanks you for participating in our ban appeals process.

First I would like to express to you that our servers are extremely diverse with plenty of ESL speaking players as well players who don't speak English and alot of whom have no warnings on their account.

Regardless of if you speak English or not the rules apply to everyone equally.

As head admin for US Pure I was the banning admin.
I have personally had communications with you in the past with no issues or misinterpretations. I feel you understood me as well as the warnings you have been issued.

You have been given ample opportunity to continue to be a part of the rule abiding RustEZ community but have chosen on more than one occasion to break the rules that are the same across all RustEZ servers and were warned by multiple admins across those servers.

Most of the time we go by a 3 strike policy.
You have more than that on your account. 
It does not matter if your warning was from a week or a year + ago. Your warnings and infractions stay on your account.

Your ban will remain in place.
 I wish you only the best of luck on your future gaming endeavors.