Can we get /Voteday

Top Gun

Hey there ladies and gentlegerms, 

Playing on some other severs, I happened to come across a nifty little plugin called /voteday. It does pretty well what you think it would. 

As it starts to become nighttime, players in the server have the opportunity to vote to make it day again. If a certain % of the online players vote, using /voteday in chat, it becomes day. 

I was wondering if that was something we could have added to the server. What do you think @Death

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kinda for it. I mean night time is part of the PvE experience yes, but for some reason, even though I have my brightness and everything else turned up, nighttime is just pure black screen pretty much. I've had to get @Murfet to save me in a cave as it was pitch black and I couldn't make a torch.  So I'm more or less 75/25 in favor of the /voteday

-RuCcUsS

Edited by Elegant Ka0s

I'm not a fan. PvE doesn't have many things against the player and night is one of the few. There really is zero risk on a PvE server to run around during night with a torch, flash light, mining helmet as opposed to a PVP server where that may as well be a giant neon sign that says kill me. 

• Like 3

@Elegant Ka0s Facepunch changed it so people couldn't cheat anymore with turning their brightness up. They instead put in flashlights that are a default blueprint and also put in flares that you can find and throw to give off light. There's also the candle hat (default BP) and the miner's hat also, and even the weapon flashlight.

I still stand by that night is part of the PVE struggle and part of the environment we're supposed to be struggling to survive against. The length of it here is even shortened from vanilla servers. 15 minutes isn't long to wait before doing something if making a light source is impossible to do.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AlyCat said:

@Elegant Ka0s Facepunch changed it so people couldn't cheat anymore with turning their brightness up. They instead put in flashlights that are a default blueprint and also put in flares that you can find and throw to give off light. There's also the candle hat (default BP) and the miner's hat also, and even the weapon flashlight.

I still stand by that night is part of the PVE struggle and part of the environment we're supposed to be struggling to survive against. The length of it here is even shortened from vanilla servers. 15 minutes isn't long to wait before doing something if making a light source is impossible to do.

You make some valid points. Alright, I change my vote. No vote day lol

• Like 1

Unless I'm out and underground I use the day/night cycle as a personal timer for play (currently 45/15 minutes, or an hour full cycle) as well as scheduling maintenance tasks at my base.  For example all my cooking happens at night, as well as crafting and repairing gear because most of that happens in the UI in some form.  I try to keep my harvesting and building to day time, because I like to see what I'm doing in the actual environment.  Sometimes night time is also a nice reminder to take a break, eat, stand up and stretch, stop staring at the computer screen for five minutes, etc., etc.

Edited by SCE_Shadewolfe
Minor edits.
  • Like 2