Moving Forward

Death

• Staff

It seems FacePunch is not easing off their repetitive force wipes which call for drastic changes on my part. There will be a new system in place to save and carry over player inventories through forced wipes including backpacks. Servers which currently do not support backpacks will be altered the day-of the wipe to allow players additional inventory space.

There's nothing I can do to preserve buildings unfortunately but the ability to save inventories should be enough to get most people through forced wipes. If you have any suggestions or feedback feel free to it below.

• Staff
1 minute ago, bleaumeani said:

so whatever is in backpack, inventory, and hotbar will carry over?

Indeed, everything except for BP's (Building foundations and placeables.) This will occur every month until our server's specified wipe data (every 3 months.)

• Staff
2 minutes ago, bleaumeani said:

way kewl, hope it works, and more than i was expecting.  again ur genius shining thru

Is that what that smell is? Hopefully, FP will give us the ability to bypass builds without client penality. So I dream.

With regard to hard wipes, is there a lot of notice beforehand, and where is the best place to find the info of scheduled hard wipes? (other than here of course)

For some reason I had August 3 in my head but I have no clue where that came from (lack of sleep hiding in the bushes on Hybrid might be a factor :P).

Fyre

• Death locked this topic