I am against the Raid

kingdl1st

At the end of the session I am completely against the Raid, a zombie horde is fine but the PvP raid is not what why I joined a Rustez.

Plenty of servers you can raid on I have very little choice on a good server such as ours. I hate that I have to work and can not defend my base. I hate the whole thing. Those that want the raid you have lots of options go enjoy them, this was my option to do exactly not a raid situation. So the option is completely in the face of many here that have the same feeling as I do.

I am saying it is not a a clear poll, because it exposes those voters who against raid to something they hate. 

i hate pvp even for an event. the zombies are ok or any npc though. i started fortifying my base a week ago and have been thinking it all defeats the purpose of pve. there was rumor back then this would happen. i think an arena can be made for pvp and raiding.

for the purposes of fun i think the following would work for everyone provided in a kit:

• public heli tower with a kit for gear
  • bradley fighting kit
  • a design build off with a kit of free materials. winner gets 5 free drops start of new wipe. 2nd gets 3 drops. and maybe give all participants a free drop start of new wipe.

The community decisions is not why I joined, the biggest reason was to play a well modded PvE server. I do really like that and it is why I went VIP because it was such a great product being delivered. It is  my frustration to max i was about to uninstall RUST when I found this server,  so this raid setup is the very reason I left all the other servers behind, I would be happy if we never did raids or even if your main base or one base could be made raid proof. It is so weak that people raid your base when you are not there to defend it also. Anyway the  point is if others want raids there plenty of places that serve that up, but not many that serve up a great PvE experience like you have made here. Maybe some other last day wipe possibilities, maybe zombie animal horde day, boat racing, I loved the stability removed day.  

Please do not take this as an attack, you guys do a fantastic job, and made a game I was about to get rid of into one of my favorite ever. I think for the most part the community we have is maybe one of the friendliest I have ever experienced in any gaming environment let alone the usual Rust environment beat down which is really saying something. 

Thanks again for all you do. And I will continue forth either way.

• Staff

Yeah, I'm with @Paigemaster on this one. This event happens hours before wipe so I don't understand the real frustration here? We rotate our events to accommodate everyone's definition of fun. This month is especially different since we did all 3 events last month due to the delayed update which is why we opted to do a poll this go around.

Even if you want to play the last 2-3 hours before wipe you still can even if you don't participate in the event (given the pvp event wins) Everyone doesn't turn into killing savages, last time it was mainly people raiding offline/abandoned bases.

46 minutes ago, kingdl1st said:

The community decisions is not why I joined, the biggest reason was to play a well modded PvE server. I do really like that and it is why I went VIP because it was such a great product being delivered. It is  my frustration to max i was about to uninstall RUST when I found this server,  so this raid setup is the very reason I left all the other servers behind, I would be happy if we never did raids or even if your main base or one base could be made raid proof. It is so weak that people raid your base when you are not there to defend it also. Anyway the  point is if others want raids there plenty of places that serve that up, but not many that serve up a great PvE experience like you have made here. Maybe some other last day wipe possibilities, maybe zombie animal horde day, boat racing, I loved the stability removed day.  

Please do not take this as an attack, you guys do a fantastic job, and made a game I was about to get rid of into one of my favorite ever. I think for the most part the community we have is maybe one of the friendliest I have ever experienced in any gaming environment let alone the usual Rust environment beat down which is really saying something. 

Thanks again for all you do. And I will continue forth either way.

I fully understand your sentiment, and am here for more or less the same concept as you.  BUT, I don't see a problem with this happening on the last day before wipe...  you get to vent some frustration toward other players that ya just wanna have some fun revenge on, or the game itself (FacePunch...  optimize your game!!!).  It's not any everyday or regular thing.  Personally, I'd prefer Heli Wars... but, it was voted on... so, I guess it's gonna be EMFH that day...  good luck and hope to see you again the following day...

hmm i can kinda see where he is coming from. even though it will go when it wipes. how can we enjoy the zombies or whatever if our base has been raided and destroyed? or maybe could try an understanding those that don't want to take part in the pvp and are online. can have their bases left alone? it's more the fact that i'll probably be using my base right up until the wipe. which would be hard if my base has been destroyed. As i was planning at first to take the zombies out from my tower at my base.

Edited by Osmodeus

I like the idea of Zombies but the PVP aspect just sucks the fun out of the room. The fun will be had by those few that take Heli or Bradley and have massive amounts of C4/rockets/M249. Those of us that were lucky enough to find a semi with get wtfpwnd in no time and have to go primitive just to get wtfpwnd again. I know this is only for a few hours and we will all have to just start all over again anyways. I for one will not log on during the event just to get teabagged and laughed at.

I think the zombies stuff is cool but if pvp will be a thing, that's fine too. I mean, there are hardly animals to shoot at to begin with. Might as well use these weapons for something. As already stated, the server will be wiped anyway so if I get raided, I'm gonna have some fun.

yeah after thinking about. i'm willing to try the pvp with an open mind. making another secret out of the way base. if i don't like it this time, then i know not to vote for it in the future. also @Bob Vila i've only played on pure and survival, and everyone seems pretty decent. i'm sure even if you did die and lost everything. someone would give you some stuff or have a safe place.

• Like 3

I mostly play on pure and I find most people are cool. I have ran into a few bad apples here and there but hey, that's life. I'm not saying the server is going to turn toxic and all the asshats will be unleashed all at once. I'm saying that this is Rust. I only know what I have seen on other servers that are PVP, and PVP seems to bring out the worst in people. 

35 minutes ago, Bob Vila said:

I mostly play on pure and I find most people are cool. I have ran into a few bad apples here and there but hey, that's life. I'm not saying the server is going to turn toxic and all the asshats will be unleashed all at once. I'm saying that this is Rust. I only know what I have seen on other servers that are PVP, and PVP seems to bring out the worst in people. 

agree with you 100%

toxic is the word. i've seen lots of bad behavior due to the pvp on multiple servers. new comers get picked on. many target nakeds. it all leads to more bad. its all about dominance. i look at the pvp event (if it wins in the poll) as the grand finale for the wipe. so i'm preparing. i worked hard to fortify my base and ill be there. i kinda feel sorry for those that try to raid me. i have multiple traps and many doors. plus i dumped all my chests days ago. a raider will need ill estimate 15+ c4 and some experience. i wouldn't want to do all that grind. i didnt make any c4. i'm all defensive on this guarding my base. something i worked for. even if its just a few hours your preparing for what is to come. its called survival. it's a survival game. its a challenge and im ready.

7 hours ago, Osmodeus said:

yeah i'm moving my stuff and that to my secret base/bunker. so if house gets raided. will defend it and then just spawn at my bunker and chill out haha

Hey there, that what you said to me earlier today! :) I wonder if the swipe and the event are done actually.

I'm going to give this a chance and see what happens.  I've put a lot of work into my bases and I really don't want them destroyed or for my sleeping body to be tea bagged by the raiders so I'll do my best.  Maybe my worries are just that.  I actually tried the sign one time.  It didn't work.