Question about Fishing (US Scourge)

Venator

I originally posted this in the help section but Death told me to post about it here.

Does anyone know if wearing a boonie hat and having a pookie in your hotbar/inventory gives you a better chance of getting trout/crates while fishing?

Also does the time of day matter, if you fish in the early morning or late afternoon does that also affect your fishing?

This server seems to use a script called 'Fishing' you can find on umod, but a slightly modified version of it, just wondering about this since the creator left in some extra stuff that allows you to get a bonus while fishing.

Thanks.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mindshadows said:

I originally posted this in the help section but Death told me to post about it here.

Does anyone know if wearing a boonie hat and having a pookie in your hotbar/inventory gives you a better chance of getting trout/crates while fishing?

Also does the time of day matter, if you fish in the early morning or late afternoon does that also affect your fishing?

This server seems to use a script called 'Fishing' you can find on umod, but a slightly modified version of it, just wondering about this since the creator left in some extra stuff that allows you to get a bonus while fishing.

Thanks.

Maybe Death was trolling you,
There are no in game item dependencies (besides reloading) which occur in Rust.

image.png.7e836f82945d587a6fb92b7cc7097142.png

@Warlord Ubba You do realize that Rust is compatible with Oxide modding? You can make scripts and add them to the server and make them do anything you want.

I was not talking about vanilla Rust, fishing is not native to Rust other than through Survival fish traps, RustEZ uses an Oxide mod called 'Fishing', that is what I am asking about.

Edited by Mindshadows

Last wipe I did some fishing at the pookie pond and I seemed to get more crates. They had it loaded with pookies so I dont know if that had something to do with it. Current map I fished a lot at a place I setup with no pookies and the drop rate for crates seem to be less. I only recall seeing one drop after going through maybe 6 poles. Time of day does not seem to contribute so I think its all just RNG.