Further Quarry Rework

Corcustos

With the additional changes to quarries coming in the future I thought it might be a good idea to suggest an add-on. I think it'd be awesome if we were able to change what the quarry produces without having to go to a different biome.

The reason for this is that it can sometimes be difficult to find a good place to put a quarry even a few days into wipe. I also think a reroll system would be cool too. For example, if you placed a quarry that was sulfur and later decided you wanted it to be an HQM quarry, you could cough up an amount of scrap, HQM, and another material(s) to change it.

It would give you a random amount of HQM production within the spectrum of what is already possible. If you decide it's too low, you would then be able to randomly roll the output by spending some scrap, survey charges, and other materials.

Quarry levels could either stay at level or downgrade by 1 as well. Completely wiping the upgrades after a change might be a bit too much. If implemented, a lot of menu changes would probably have to be done to include type of quarry, output amount, and all of the type of upgrade buttons.

Though, this could probably be done with a single button in the output container that would then pull up another menu with all of your options. Regardless, I believe this change would be beneficial without being broken as long as the material cost is made reasonable.

All it's doing is allowing players more freedom at the cost of their materials so they don't have to scour the map just to find that the majority of places are claimed or already filled with quarries.

There would also be more room on the map as a result of players not needing to place their quarries in randomly dotted places, even more so with the already planned upgrades that would further compact quarries.