Horse Stuff

longlivekiss

This morning I almost quit on US Scourge, which is not like me at all. Rubber banded and horse got stuck in a pole, midair, at outpost. Took pics. Virgoth's daughter gave me a horse. Virgoth and I began talking about the fact that people are hoarding horses and nothing is being done about it. Its ridiculous. Before this wipe and farming, I could find a horse no problem. Now, people are allowed to have all of them if they wanted. It kills gameplay and since @Death wants to keep things fair, a horse rule absolutely needs to be enforced. So, Virgoth mentioned a community stable. I think this would be good. Admin built. One horse per player. One stall per player. An arena attached so we can run the horses if we want. Vend machine where we could purchase food for the horses or make us go grow it ourselves, either way. Stalls could be locked and code given so that no one can steal it. Lose your code, lose your horse. So that it wouldn't be a "free" thing, make the players pay for the upkeep of the building with a dropbox in their stall. If a player doesnt log in for 10 days, horse can be utilized to sell poop or taken out of population. Just an idea. 

20200419093844_1.jpg

• Like 1

• Staff

There's a lot of internal discussion in the background to resolve this issue. With recent server performance issues this month, my focus has been taken away from micro mechanics.

Everything will be in full swing next wipe, unless a patch comes out sooner, until then my main priority is keeping servers stable until the update.

To be honest, I would just be happy to not get pysically ill from the "invisible wall" that you run into, then shoots you backwards, then propels you forwards. I am hoping with the next wipe it will sort itself. I know you all are working hard on it and while we seem to not care or appreciate your work, there are those of us that do. The horse hoarding is small in the scope of things, yes. My main point was that these weird spikes and invisible walls cause issues like the one pictured above and I failed to get that across properly. Thank you for taking the time to address this @Death

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  1. Find base; check who is auth'd on TC and number of players in team
  2. Horses at base < team number = happy
  3. If Happy, move along
  4. Horses at base > team number = sad
  5. If sad, entkill horses in excess of team number 
  6. Wild horses spawn = happy players
  7. Rinse & repeat

laugh lol GIF by LINDSEY L33

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think it might have been me people were complaining about for the horse hording. I set up a bunch of troughs in front of my bar for neighbors, customers and friends to use. I started to notice that they were filling up, but figured it was my neighbors... it wasn't until later that I found out a well-meaning friend thought I was collecting horses for poop and was filling up the troughs xD I let them go when I found out a couple of days ago. I hope that helped a bit... though honestly I haven't been seeing horses like I did last wipe.

Totally didn't see the date this was posted.

This is not the reply you were looking for, move along.

Edited by Sararainmaker
I need to learn to read dates