Quarries and removing them

Warzone

What I am about to say is partially controversial and also hypocritical given my previous opinion in the staff groupchat a few weeks back 😅

But after some time playing as a player instead of admin, I think it would be beneficial to remove quarries when necessary as i think it dismisses the grind that Rust offers and allows those with the resources to essentially farm without needing to do any work at all.

While i know they're planned to be removed, I personally think the earlier the better, as some players can get them early on, allowing for them to get the upper hand with farming, base building and then also grinding as well.

While they are a great addition to the server(s) I think that without them it would also cause a great deal of relief to admins so they are not getting pinged every 5 minutes about loot being stolen from them (i talk on experience of this as an admin and resonate with those feelings of 3am pings and you're the only admin online😉)

I feel that overall, they allow for more experienced players to be more relaxed and do less work than the newer players and may even be quite daunting for the other players as quarries can be found scattered everywhere amongst EU Pure (was admin, I know all about them) and as well as this, they take up a great deal of space, especially when some players may use two or more quarries.

Lastly, they're big and ugly and server performance could be helped greatly by the removal of quarries.

But that's all my own opinion and I personally think they should be removed.

• Like 1

I agree, remove them asap. There is no challenge in having a quarry in your backyard from day one. We already have the ability to stack stone and we have a backpack too. I'm the type who wants the server to have less backpack space, more zombies, no quarry, less stacking and more NPC events.

• Like 1

@LasseThor I speak from Pure servers, so I’ve little experience with backpacks. But it feels more rewarding to actually farm say 30k stone and use it for whatever it may be. Quarries are painfully ugly to look at, easy to loot from and just god awful viewing trying to watch someone place one on uneven ground lol. I feel like the servers, whether it’s just pure or Scourge and Survival too, it would just actively get players to stop wasting time being AFK while their quarries are farming for them. 

Besides, jackhammers are faster for farming than quarries are anyway. 

pls death pls remove quarry

39 minutes ago, Warzone said:

pls death pls remove quarry

If you check the announcement from last week:

Quarries will be removed on Pure (next wipe)
Quarries will not be removed on Survival for the pipes/automation mods
Player-placed quarries removed on Scourge and quarries limited to public quarries  -- but virtual instances so it has loot/theft prevention built in to the public quarries on the map (the next wipe, when the changes are ready to roll out).

While I'm all for the changes to quarries as proposed --  I think it would be pretty shitty to yank quarries out mid-wipe on any of the servers. I don't know how much "sooner" you can plan those kind of changes other than the next wipe?

• Like 3