Website Overhaul

Death

• Staff

We're proud to announce we've released our long in the process website facelift! In addition to the new look and feel, we've implemented several security and performance improvements to ensure the best experience on our website.

I'll be honest; I'm not the best at dark color pallets, so if you spot any issues, feel free to reply to this thread, and I'll fix them as soon as possible. Suggestions are also appreciated! ❤️

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Love 6

As much as I like the new banner, is there any way it can be removed from areas outside the home page? It seems to take up a lot of unnecessary space and will be frustrating for users to scroll past for every new thread/category they wish to browse.

I like the new dark theme, but is there a way for others to revert to the old one if they so choose?

Very cool update overall and very minor nitpicks compared to the awesome changes!

• Like 1

• Staff

@DragonCoffee In the past, we've kept the old design for a while before retiring it, but with all the backend changes, the old design was incompatible and would have required too many fixes to make it worth keeping.

The header is a bit larger than it used to be because it was designed for widescreen monitors. I will be reducing its file size shortly to increase page speed, and I'll see if I can't shave a few pixels off while I'm at it.

-- Edit --

I've made a few tweaks so far:

1. Fixed article image alignment on homepage
  2. Fixed editor toolbar background
  3. Reduced header height

If the old design was clunky enough to require fixes than this is definitely a great step forward!

In the connect tab, it seems none of the options can be selected since I think the image is loading over-top of the server selectors. Refreshing the page did not fix it so maybe this is another bug that needs to be looked at?

17 hours ago, Death said:

I'll be honest; I'm not the best at dark color pallets, so if you spot any issues, feel free to reply to this thread, and I'll fix them as soon as possible. Suggestions are also appreciated!

When quoting a post, it's quite difficult to distinguish between the quoted original text and the new. 

If indented, it looks the same.

• Like 1

• Death pinned this topic
  • Death locked and unlocked this topic
  • Death locked and unpinned this topic