Cooldowns on vendors need to go!

Ouchmousie

Hi,

So I am wondering if there's any way to actually remove the cooldowns on the vendors at outpost and bandit for the modded servers (Survival and Scourge)? I mean the whole purpose of players like me choosing for modded servers is to bypass these annoying type of defaults from the vanilla servers...

It's hella irritating. :/

2 hours ago, PhOeNiX said:

Agreed that’s also why I choose the modded servers for me the vanilla game isn’t worth playing but with the modded servers and the PVE it makes the game playable for me and many like me 

Put very succinctly. Some of the changes to the servers have felt like the idea is to get back to a more 'normal and balanced' state, but isn't the point that these servers are distinctly not normal?

Things like trade cooldown and vendor cooldown get in the way of players wanting to play how they want: with less restriction and more freedom than other servers. As I mentioned before in my request to remove trade cooldown, had there been documented reasoning behind these changes (such as: players were heavily abusing the mechanic and were gaining an unfair advantage over others) than adjustments like these would be easier to understand, even if they get in the way of how others would prefer to play.

Thank you for considering these points!

• Like 1

• Staff

@DragonCoffee The changes mentioned above is not our doing, in fact, we've already buffed the restocking times of NPC vending machine. I will keep an eye on this thread to see how we can better optimize it for our servers.

As for trade cooldown, that argument is very overused at this point. Trading should not be used on demand like this. It circumvents vending machines and face to face transactions. I've stressed over this enough that trading is not designed to be what you want it to be.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 10/10/2020 at 2:43 PM, Death said:

@DragonCoffee The changes mentioned above is not our doing, in fact, we've already buffed the restocking times of NPC vending machine. I will keep an eye on this thread to see how we can better optimize it for our servers.

As for trade cooldown, that argument is very overused at this point. Trading should not be used on demand like this. It circumvents vending machines and face to face transactions. I've stressed over this enough that trading is not designed to be what you want it to be.

Rust Realism is going to be a miserable lump of shit not worth investing in.
This server has modded stacks and a point system people grind for. Take away their trading capacity, and reduce their gains is not generally a positive thing unless intentionally trying to reduce the point gain in a wipe. It is not to the benefit of this server, especially grindy players to have NPC trades.

There is not a single shop on the map buying cloth or corn for an equal rate, and thus establishes the market.
That you aren't interested in considering changing it or super-amping it up (maybe  consider end of wipe 100000000000000x increase?) is really a mixed message as having a point system becomes useless if you're reducing our grinding abilities, (no it's not actually your fault, it's Rust's) and not helping stabilizing grinds, then this experiment is basically over.

Yes I came at this heavy but take this serious, this one little thing is enough to make me not have any interest in Rust, let alone Scourge.

Ubba

Edited by Warlord Ubba
spelling errors

• Staff
34 minutes ago, Warlord Ubba said:

Take away their trading capacity, and reduce their gains is not generally a positive thing unless intentionally trying to reduce the point gain in a wipe.

This has nothing to do with hindering your point gain. It has everything to do with everything stated in the message you quoted.

34 minutes ago, Warlord Ubba said:

if you're reducing our grinding abilities, (no it's not actually your fault, it's Rust's) and not helping stabilizing grinds, then this experiment is basically over.

What exactly are we doing that reduces your grinding abilities and what are we not doing to stabilize said grinding abilities?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Death said:

This has nothing to do with hindering your point gain. It has everything to do with everything stated in the message you quoted.

What exactly are we doing that reduces your grinding abilities and what are we not doing to stabilize said grinding abilities?

As I said the change isn't RustEZ's fault in any fashion, but if you are able to influence the shop exchange respawn rate that would be something that would help me sell off 12,000 corn and like 100k cloth

I personally actually quite like the idea that FP implemented as it was presumably designed mostly for PvP servers and to stunt player growth and snowballing and makes trips to outpost/bandit a bit trickier. However sometimes some updates FP release negatively affect the pve aspect of things but it’s swings and roundabouts as they can and have released a lot of pve relevant updates that’s allowed a lot of pve servers to expand (EU Pure for example).

my argument is that while some people may portray it as a shitty update or along those lines, it’s designed to slow down the snowball affect of many players in pvp servers (or at least that’s how I view it)