Hoarding is making this server not fun

rubiks-q-bert

@Death @Granny @Northstarz @Carpediems @amsullivan

I'm a new player as of last wipe and I chose to play on U.S. Pure. Last wipe was pretty fun. Lot of learning was done, admins are great, players were mostly great. I liked it enough to become VIP and spent a bit of money on various things.

This wipe, not so much. As you are well aware, there is a group that is camping/hoarding helis, brad, rigs, etc. and are just rude, braggadocios, and toxic in general. They've bragged about in chat and cursed people over voice who disagree with them. This wipe is less than a week old and I can firmly say that I won't be back if they are here next wipe. There's enough toxic garbage in the world right now without having to come here and deal with more.

So my feedback is this, maybe you should make hoarding against the rules so the same 10(ish) people don't keep getting all the loot. There are a large chunk of us that wish to experience the thrill of the kill. I'm not the only one who feels this way and won't be the only one leaving.

• Like 6

I too am a new player as of this last wipe and greatly enjoyed the wipe before and the group of people I have met, we became friends and have all spent a bit of money this wipe, however this wipe has not been so enjoyable, as I too am not fond of the group who has been camping/hoarding helis, brads,  rigs etc. etc. and they  have really taken the fun out of this wipe and this server, especially when they brag and or cuss people out who are frankly speaking truth to them that there are other's who want the thrill of the kill and to enjoy those aspects of the server/game as well but it is becoming more and more difficult when they just take that away, and it makes me feel very frustrated, sad, and makes it difficult for me to want to stay on this server, I love the friends I have made and people I have met, but I do not want to deal with the toxicity of this group when there is already enough craziness and toxic shenanigans going on in the world! 

I don't want to be given free things from someone elses kill, I want to earn those things myself! 

• Like 5

Not a New player, but recently returning. Although not directly affected so far, as im not stocked up enough to take any of the NPC events, i have noticed the trend.  One thing i cant be sure is related, i have noticed people reporting damage to their bases while they are offline, and while nothing is taken, these largely seem to match, time wise, with this group's taking of Heli, and the location of it, although not always.

I typically avoid getting into the middle of drama and such, to just enjoy the game, but thats difficult to do when so many are having this issue. I was looking forward to taking on Heli, but going by current trends, i most likely wont get the chance.

Overall, i very much enjoy the community on this server, but if toxic behavior can be forgiven with a simple 'sorry' and change in tactics from stealing events, to simply making sure to always get them before anyone else, i cant see how the community itself will continue on.

We have rules on the same people taking Monuments multiple times in a row, even  if its meant as a courtesy.

To be quite blunt, i deal with people shoving themselves to the front of the line to get something first, on a daily basis at my job. To this same behavior on the game i play to forget about work, is less than pleasant.

• Like 5

I am a new player as of last wipe as well, last wipe GrimsBeing aka Grims and I helped other players do whatever for free and gave first dibbs plus did much for others but this wipe I have made a mistake of not being in complete understanding of the rules and had claimed an island to build my Rust dream( 1/3rd of the Island dedicated to everyone which includes 4x4 rooms for all, Public boat house and public heli pads) but sadly I was informed of a rule and rules that I had not been able to find before on this site, discord or in game but I received my warning and destroyed everything with the intentions of not returning but because of Grims and his wish of picking his xmas present that being me playing Rust with him this wipe so I stayed on...Now to the point after I just explained my own failings and lesson..I can whole heartedly agree with Rubiks and many others, I have kept my mouth shut in chat until today agreeing with another player as I cannot stand nor condone how some/certain players are treating the feeling/environment of this PVE server, this is not a dog eat dog server as I've come to learn when I started last wipe but this is starting to feel like a PVE server with PVP style play. I am nice like the 1950's version of nice but I am not stupid and only believe those some/certain players will only put on a ploy for a while to get the heat off their backs. I will be informing Grims that there has finally been a forum post about this issue that has been going on and see if he wants to say something to add because he has stated to me a few things he has been quite cheese'd about with some/certain players this wipe. I cannot tell you names because I'm the worst with names and with Rust/Steam you can change your name like it's nothing. I am not one for drama but I do fight fire with fire which can have its drawbacks at times.

• Like 5

I have been playing on the EZ servers off and on for years now, and it has been my go to rust server. I love the community and players I have met along the way. One of my first times playing on these servers I found an art gallery built by Death, and loved just spending hours painting in rust for everyone to enjoy. I have been on the US-Pure PvE server since last wipe and I have had a very pleasant time playing till a group of players joined that changed that.  

I have been having problems with people shooting at me while Im working on my base. People are bragging about camping and hoarding heli's and monuments. People are blearing music and screaming over there mic's just running around.

When confronting these people about their behavior the response is that of a childish temper tantrum. I have had enough of this!

No chance chat.JPG

Edited by West_Sage
  • Like 6

I'm also new to the server as well and I am going to name drop one of the people that has been giving me issues since I started about 4-5 days ago. His name is Uzii he is one of the most toxic players on this server and feels the need to let everyone know. He harasses me daily and 100% brags about camping brad. I have let an admin know about his harassment twice now and they handle it with care which is nice. But something needs to be done about Uzii being toxic in chat and starting arguments with anyone. I had no idea that you had to 13% or more dmg to a heli to claim loot and he still brings it up 4-5 days later and harassments me in VOIP any chance he's near me about it. I just want something done about this since one of the rules is to not be toxic. I want to play this game in peace and talk to people in chat but when I do Uzii immediately has to try and start an argument with me which keeps me out of chat when he's online, I know you can mute in-game but I shouldn't have to mute anyone.

• Like 8