Test Generator Revamp-Power to the People!

AlexaNightfire

Howdy everyone. I know that people love building beautiful farms and bases, and all sorts of great things on our servers. I know that one thing that people don't love is bases with so many windmills that you can't even look in their direction without fear of losing all frames, or your computer heating to such extremes that you can fry an egg on it, seasoning it with the salt from your tears, while watching your game crash. I think every minicopter flyer has felt that sinking feeling deep into their core of their being when they fly near a massive wind turbine farm, as their game freezes and they lurch headfirst into the ground, wondering why, oh why did they decide it would be a good idea to fly to their destination...😢

So I have a potential solution to this... Taking the beautiful Test Generator and giving it a revamp! A lot of people are willing to spend the money on a Pumpjack as the credits and scrap it delivers make it worth the money in their eyes, but find it hard to spend money on many test generators in order to fulfill their power needs. So why not make the Test Generator more enticing for usage?

I don't know if this is possible, but changing the output of a Test Generator to, say, 250 or 500 power would make it much more useful in these Rust days when seemingly every cool and needed item uses power, especially for those of us who love farmin' up a storm! I'm sure that this would be enough to entice people to throw a few dollars towards a Test Generator every wipe, and majorly reduce map lag as they would no longer need to place multiple Wind Turbines, and build massive towers to support them. It would mean way fewer lag-inducing entities overall, and make the majority who don't have top-end PCs much happier and less afraid to fly.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Edited by Meowy Christmas
typo
  • Like 5
  • Love 5

• 3 months later...
  • Staff
On 4/9/2021 at 9:51 PM, GREENG1ANT said:

Man people reviving old posts over this, can't believe it still hasn't been changed. Kinda feels bad for anyone that's bought one.

I've been working on side projects recently that I'm just now wrapping up. I'll go through the queue and knock out these suggestions soon.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Honestly, I've seen bases that have all this overcomplicated electrical stuff, with upwards from 10 windmills (a recent one used 27 windmills)... 
1k power? One simple soundless, low impact item? Sign me up. But this is just my personal opinion, not to be confused as an official stance. 

electricity GIF
I've not been a fan of electricity since they were still in planning phase. LOL.

Give me tuna can lamps, a bear skin rug, a bone club and I'm happy. 

• Love 5

30 minutes ago, rubiks-q-bert said:

i personally don't see a problem with where they are at but I'm also a minimalist and don't build these monster builds. Also if he raised it to 1000, I imagine the price would go up as well which I am not in favor of.

The problem with where they are now is they output the same power as 2 solar panels. Which are free. There isn't really a reason to buy one in the first place at this point. As it stands, the only thing you really save on versus other power options is a little bit of wiring. 

5 hours ago, GREENG1ANT said:

The problem with where they are now is they output the same power as 2 solar panels. Which are free. There isn't really a reason to buy one in the first place at this point. As it stands, the only thing you really save on versus other power options is a little bit of wiring. 

I never knew why solar panels were altered to begin with. So again, I'm fine with maybe doubling test gens but not at the expense of my wallet. 

as a group we tend to build to accommodate the 8 people within the group, this does lead to a base that seems larger then those around us, a farm that is slightly bigger etc. we also have "fun projects" like a hotel, nail tag, gallery etc for the server to enjoy and rather then plonk up wind turbines on mass we avoid this by using test gens, i feel we are not the only ones doing this as we all tend to talk to one another (within the main groups within the US scourge community) and try to help with lag etc because we want to play without the spikes and issues.

it does become a bit costly however for those of us that do purchase them every wipe, with the intention to help keep the server lag free.

• 2 weeks later...