My thoughts on the current state concerning player misconduct.

igorcraven

I follow the rules here. I'm respectful and helpful to my fellow players. I've been playing here most days for around 3+ years. 90% of the people here are fine and cause no problems. Almost everyday I deal with some sort of disrespect or others not following the rules. I don't complain about it anymore. I used to. I suppose I have officially complained maybe 10 times. Never has it left me felling like anything had been done or that my efforts would help curb the problem. Now I just live with it by ignoring it. If it gets too ridiculous I just teleport away. This is OK and I love playing here overall so life goes on. However the problem increases with more players. Some recent new players are world class assholes. One particularly evil player can cause a lot of havoc. This problem will continue until EZ decides to make a stand on it. I was hopeful for progress but since the holidays RUST PVE has exploded in popularity. When things are going so well overall our requests for help will fall on deaf ears. I'm afraid this problem is going to get worse before it gets better. When EZ decides it's effecting their business then we will be heard.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I follow the rules here. I'm respectful and helpful to my fellow players. I've been playing here most days for around 3+ years. 90% of the people here are fine and cause no problems. Almost everyday I deal with some sort of disrespect or others not following the rules. I don't complain about it anymore. I used to. I suppose I have officially complained maybe 10 times. Never has it left me felling like anything had been done or that my efforts would help curb the problem. Now I just live with it by ignoring it. If it gets too ridiculous I just teleport away. 

Your efforts certainly do help curb the problem and the time you spend posting in #help or on the website is appreciated.  Admins are not automatically in the know or see everything happening on the server. Admins are players too. Sometimes we're fighting a horde of zombies, smacking trees to build a base or doing admin stuff --  like dealing with another player or doing an event -- and miss it. 

The best "admin tool" we have to find and remove these players from the servers is the community.  Making the choice  to TP away and ignore the problem player -- well, that's certainly your choice to do so -- but admins are not mind readers. We need the community to report these players, to ensure we're aware.  If Player A stole your loot, report them. If Player B is trolling you with and endless supply of rockets, report them. 

If you feel that reports you do make are ignored then that's valuable feedback. It tells me that we need to work on making sure players who do report are aware of  the action taken against the player, so you're not left feeling ignored. 

We'll work on this.

However the problem increases with more players. Some recent new players are world class assholes. One particularly evil player can cause a lot of havoc. This problem will continue until EZ decides to make a stand on it. I was hopeful for progress but since the holidays RUST PVE has exploded in popularity. When things are going so well overall our requests for help will fall on deaf ears. I'm afraid this problem is going to get worse before it gets better.  When EZ decides it's effecting their business then we will be heard.

Being a world class asshole is not exclusive to new players. We've been taking a firmer stance on banning players who fit the "havoc" description with improved ban filters to immediately ban these players and making sure staff has a good process to handle the ones not caught by the script.  Players who troll, harass others, exhibit toxic (or racist) behavior and create drama in the servers and community are not welcome here. This applies to new players and existing players who instigate, disrupt and ruin the PvE community experience for all of us. Warnings and bans are applied equally, regardless of the player's role  and how much time they've spent in the community. 

I've defended this place in chat after numerous crashes and rollbacks.  I have sat back and listened to people brag about how many garrisons/bradleys they have taken so far this wipe.  About how they set up bases around the garrison spawns so they can get there ASAP.  I bring this up to an admin and I get told "garrison spawns are random".  Except for the fact they always spawn around a particular area of the map (this wipe it is the east side).

I just did a garrison, my first this wipe.  I had two players come in while I was 1/3-1/2 way done exploding my way through (everyone does garrison differently so I am not sure I can give proper frame of reference).  They waited until I got to the point where I needed to take out the auto turret to get to the three locked crates.  One of them started rocketing the turret with me.  Annoying since they are piggybacking off of what I have done so far.  One is not using booms at all.  I go to unlock the three crates and they lurk.  Darthdizzle used rockets so he took one crate.  My program started crashing and during that time Crypto who used no explosives looked into one of the crates.  At some point he took 2 pieces of loot.

I then went down to take out the walls to get to TC.  I started c4ing and darthdizzle began rocketing even though I had c4 placed.  With some of my explosives wasted, darthdizzle destroyed the tc while I had a c4 on it.  I let him take the crate since he blew up the tc, even though I had a c4 on it.

I'm at the limit of my patience.  I try garrison for one time this wipe and get swarmed, I waste explosives and I lose out on loot.  I am not sure I am returning until this Rust craze calms down, if I do at all.

• Like 2

• Staff

@NotTheDoctor Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I certainly understand how the sudden increase in population can affect those used to our servers' average experience. This was unexpected and sudden, so we're doing everything we can to change and improve our mechanics to ease the stress.

This month, a lot of our energy was sorting out stability issues, so bear with us as we shift gears to gameplay and sort out all of the new issues that have popped up due to the huge influx of players. 

• Like 2