Personal Heli

TheRealInfidel

Was wondering if a different type of broadcast could be shown when calling in a personal heli. Every time I call one in people come and try to loot bc they shot at it. When you say its a personal heli in voice or in text chat they typically pay no mind and loot anyways. Luckily a admin usually rights the wrong but I feel better communication could resolve some of the issues. Thanks! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I second this, but I don't know how we'd go about making a better announcement without it being intrusive. You can put a pop-up on the screen, but then people are just going to complain it gets in the way. You can leave as is, and then we have what happened yesterday, where someone told an admin they're not here to chat and thus don't even look at it.

We both want something better, but I personally don't have any good ideas for this.

4 hours ago, TheRealInfidel said:

@SKUDRUNNER The only things i can think of is maybe like a pop up like for the raidable bases or maybe add another icon beside the normal heli hud that has a different type of emblem for personal helis

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

It would be nice to see an additional icon or notification used to help players distinguish between public and personal helis. It's announced in global chat – but that tends to scroll off the screen in no time.

I like that, but that worries me to that people are going to ignore that... Aurora you know just as well what I mean when somebody says they don't care enough to pay attention lol

I'm just wondering what we could do that would get noticed without being intrusive

• Love 2

8 hours ago, Aurora said:

It would be nice to see an additional icon or notification used to help players distinguish between public and personal helis. It's announced in global chat – but that tends to scroll off the screen in no time.

I absolutely second this without a doubt, I tend to hear players telling people that it's their personal heli too often and them also telling the players to not steal the loot. This would easily solve any issues it might cause in the future, and would be a great little addition. However I don't know how you could make people notice it more without it being intrusive, like @SKUDRUNNERstated people do tend to not pay attention whether it's a personal or public, they just fire away and try to get the loot until they're reminded by the person who bought it that it's not theirs to touch. I also agree that it tends to pop away from chat too quick if we have quite a few players on like @Aurorasaid.

• Love 1