Blocked Boats

SW4MP

Hi.

Yesterday, i've been walking arround the map to find one boat... 

During my walk, I found AT LEAST two bases with boats stuck inside! If this is the case, why not take the possible boats to collect for the inventory as is the case with helicopters?

I think there is a tremendous lack of respect for other players to arrest boats at the bases.

Just like you who like to fasten boats like to go to the Oil Rig and other monuments only accessible by boat, so do others!

I would like the administration to do something against this, as it is a tremendous lack of respect from the community for the community itself.

I've found only one free boat all arround the map!

It's incredible...

Here you have the prints of blocked boats:

Player name: Fury

1216787574_boatblocked.png.05fd4d10fc4f7e22e1ea34f0324c818f.png

Player name: ???? (Don't know)

Base Location: D4 (Survival EU Server)

Boat.png.dce781d95f160b0fb6bcbbf7b8925871.png

Edited by SW4MP

They probably bought the boats so it is actually theirs and they have the right to lock them up inside. I doubt you will find any free boats around. Fishing village sells boats to save up time looking around and you can lock them inside too because you own that specific boat.

• Love 2

I second what Watcher and Skudrunner said.

Following is some information pertaining to boats that anyone, especially new players, might find useful.

While Facepunch did bring back procedurally-spawned boats in the December wipe (see changelog here https://rust.facepunch.com/changes/1) there are very few in the world, and often will spawn on lakes with no ocean access, rendering them rather useless. If you want to save some scrap and credits and find a procedurally-spawned boat, the best way to do so is to fly around the edges of the map, scanning the coastline. 

Boat hogging, or lack of boats, is kind of a non-issue now with the arrival of fishing villages in the September update. For those who are not familiar with fishing villages here is a guide, though the prices are outdated: https://www.rustafied.com/updates/2020/9/3/fishing-villages-are-here . A motorboat costs 125 scrap, and a RHIB costs 300 scrap at a fishing village. It is recommended to store them inside, under a roof, so that they do not decay.

On the modded servers (Scourge and Survival) you can purchase a Motorboat or RHIB signal with credits. Throwing the signal will send a plane toward your location in a few minutes that drops you the boat of your choice.

As for the rest of your statement Sw4mp, there is nothing wrong with a player building a boathouse to store a boat, provided it follows all the server rules regarding to building. There is also no way to know how they acquired the boat, as you can see above, there are many ways to acquire one now. However, accessing or entering another player's base without their permission is not allowed.

If you are having trouble, I encourage you to try the methods I described in this post.

• Love 4

3 hours ago, SKUDRUNNER said:

So, let me get this straight... You trespassed inside of other player's homes, just so you could find a boat, and then said they were being disrespectful? 🤣

I was just walking and there was a open base with a boat inside, logically, you will see it closer.

You have entered someones house without permition at least once per wype... Everyone does it.

4 hours ago, Watcher said:

They probably bought the boats so it is actually theirs and they have the right to lock them up inside. I doubt you will find any free boats around. Fishing village sells boats to save up time looking around and you can lock them inside too because you own that specific boat.

The seccond one, i believe yes, because on fishing village you can get only a kayak or that small boat, not the large one.

And yes, we have "free" boats arround the map, not only that "payed" ones at fishing village.

I'm just saying to have more control about that, because anyone knows that is a regular thing for rust players to block boats inside bases, logically, boats that has been purchased by a player mus be blocked obvious but random spawn boats can't be blocked...

Edited by SW4MP

5 minutes ago, SW4MP said:

I was just walking and there was a open base with a boat inside, logically, you will see it closer.

You have entered someones house without permition at least once per wype... Everyone does it.

No... Why would I walk into someone else's base for any reason? I'm not interested in looking through other people's stuff, and on some servers, it's against the rules.

8 minutes ago, SW4MP said:

And yes, we have "free" boats arround the map, not only that "payed" ones at fishing village.

I'm just saying to have more control about that, because anyone knows that is a regular thing for rust players to block boats inside bases, logically, boats that has been purchased by a player mus be blocked obvious but random spawn boats can't be blocked...

How are you able to know that someone's boat isn't bought? What evidence do you have that they found their boat lying around?

If you're having trouble finding a boat spawned on the beach, don't go around blaming other people for it. They might have nothing to do with it at all. Just get yourself some scrap and go by a boat. Or, if you're patient, just keep trying to find one. It's not other people's problem that you can't get one.

• Love 3

Just as players can store cars or horses for personal use, they are allowed to store a boat in a boathouse.

If you follow the links I shared, you can see that Fishing Villages do sell motorboats and RHIBs (the large boat.)

Motorboats are 125 scrap at fishing villages. https://rustlabs.com/entity/motor-rowboat

RHIBs are 300 scrap at fishing villages. https://rustlabs.com/entity/rhib

A kayak blueprint is 50 scrap at fishing villages.  https://rustlabs.com/item/kayak#tab=exchange A paddle blueprint is 25 scrap. https://rustlabs.com/item/paddle#tab=exchange

There is no way for a player to differentiate whether a boat was bought or found. 

It is best to follow one of the solutions I mentioned in my previous post if you are having trouble finding a boat.

• Love 2

1 minute ago, SKUDRUNNER said:

No... Why would I walk into someone else's base for any reason? I'm not interested in looking through other people's stuff, and on some servers, it's against the rules.

How are you able to know that someone's boat isn't bought? What evidence do you have that they found their boat lying around?

If you're having trouble finding a boat spawned on the beach, don't go around blaming other people for it. They might have nothing to do with it at all. Just get yourself some scrap and go by a boat. Or, if you're patient, just keep trying to find one. It's not other people's problem that you can't get one.

First part: I will not answer you because it will be a completely useless conversation and each one shows himself as he wants, since you see yourself as very "strict and holy" I have nothing to do with it and I even refrain from commenting, period.

Second part: Purchased boats should have a different color from the others (if possible) for that very reason, or, if this is not possible, there should be more strict control by the team for such a situation, knowing that it happens, it should be controlled more efficiently. Again, I think it is totally unfair to the community to have people arrest PUBLIC boats. Since the boats are bought by the players themselves, they have every right to block and even support.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, alexanightfire said:

Just as players can store cars or horses for personal use, they are allowed to store a boat in a boathouse.

If you follow the links I shared, you can see that Fishing Villages do sell motorboats and RHIBs (the large boat.)

Motorboats are 125 scrap at fishing villages. https://rustlabs.com/entity/motor-rowboat

RHIBs are 300 scrap at fishing villages. https://rustlabs.com/entity/rhib

A kayak blueprint is 50 scrap at fishing villages.  https://rustlabs.com/item/kayak#tab=exchange A paddle blueprint is 25 scrap. https://rustlabs.com/item/paddle#tab=exchange

There is no way for a player to differentiate whether a boat was bought or found. 

It is best to follow one of the solutions I mentioned in my previous post if you are having trouble finding a boat.

Sorry for the double post.

That's exactly what I said in my previous post, if there was a way to differentiate the boats purchased from those that simply spawn in the wild, it would be perfect. If not, I think there should be a more rigorous control of these situations or find a way to get around these situations.

The random boat spawns or the RHIB from cargo they decay much faster then  a bought boat. It is almost pointless to try to keep those locked up. You need to repair them every 30min. Kayak, small boat and RHIB can all be bought from fishing village.

Edited by Watcher
  • Love 1

Regarding walking into someone else's base uninvited. Don't.  There's no reason to do so. 

If someone obtains a boat in the wild?  They can block it in, push it onto their roof, or drop it into dome if they so choose. Same as they can do with cars.

Same principle applies to horses.  Should a horse found in the wild not be tethered to a trough?  Does tethering it become unfair, as they didn't buy it?

While I understand your frustration in this situation, try to see it from the other side of the field. 

I hope I've given folks something to think about that is of benefit.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

• Staff

I was very excited to see boats no longer spawning in the wild for this very reason. I hate the fact that they allowed them to spawn again and is something I will likely change back to avoid this altogether.

Boats are in no way vital to gameplay and a kayak is well equipped to handle simple junkpile looting. I will revaluate this very soon and make changes as needed. I would much rather the buy it system so we no longer have to deal with over population.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, Death said:

I was very excited to see boats no longer spawning in the wild for this very reason. I hate the fact that they allowed them to spawn again and is something I will likely change back to avoid this altogether.

Boats are in no way vital to gameplay and a kayak is well equipped to handle simple junkpile looting. I will revaluate this very soon and make changes as needed. I would much rather the buy it system so we no longer have to deal with over population.

Yes, I agree with you, there should be only one method of getting boats, that is, buying. So, when there is no nature in these questions, there are no more.

Thanks.

You never addressed the issue of why you think people locking up the boats they either found or bought is disrespectful. If they do the work for it, why should you get to use it for free? Also, yes you can buy the big ones at the fishing villages. In fact, that's the only way to get one that you can keep.

On 1/22/2021 at 5:04 PM, Death said:

I don't.  In fact many times a random boat spawn has given me the chance to do cargo without having to find a damn boat seller.  Same with horses when you need to move or escape.  If anything, there should be more boat spawns with faster decay.  And another thing, BRING BACK MINICOPTER SPAWNS.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 3:14 PM, Reid said:

And another thing, BRING BACK MINICOPTER SPAWNS.

I've gotten used to having a minicopter available within seconds of launching a flare, without decay, without spending resources on repair and being able to save it in inventory. I don't miss minicopter spawns, and probably server load doesn't miss it either 😛

• Like 3