Revamp of vehicle deployment

rglx-chan

As simple as this sounds I think the server could benefit from it greatly as I've noticed if you deploy certain things during high server load they tend not to deploy or they don't land in a good spot (or in the cases of the Sedan they fall on your roof or some other irretrievable location) so I'm proposing we move all deployable vehicles to the flare-based system we currently use for the minicopter and scrap-copter, as well as implementing similar systems for the modular cars. Additionally, adding the cars to be purchasable from the credits shop so people can pick out exactly which kind of vehicle they need would benefit us. 

To summarize:

• Make Sedans deploy from flares rather than purple-smoke airdrop grenades.
  • Make boats (both kinds) deploy from flares rather than purple-smoke airdrop grenades.
  • Add 2, 3, and 4-module cars as deployable items via the flares:
    • If the player hits the vehicle with a salvaged hammer, show a message in chat saying the vehicle needs to be empty of all modules before this will work. (differing from current vehicles because if someone accidentally bonks their car and all the parts fall out they might not have the inventory space to get it all home to be reassembled.
    • Upon deployment of a flare, only deploy the vehicle's frame (in a similar manner to the current implementation) rather than a completed vehicle, forcing the player to have the necessary equipment and infrastructure to get the vehicle working.
  • Add the modular cars, and *maybe* even the Sedan to the credits shop under a Vehicles section. 
  • Add a message upon deployment of a vehicle flare notifying the user that they can pick up the vehicle in question by bonking it with the salvaged hammer.
  • When a player hits a compatible vehicle with a salvaged hammer, show a message in chat to them saying the vehicle was put into their inventory.
  • Prevent modular cars from spawning on the sides of roads.
  • As long as vanilla Rust has modular cars randomly-spawning, put a notification into the intermittent broadcasts saying they're purchasable from /shop.

I scrolled around in the suggestions bit for awhile and found nothing, but if this has already been suggested and rejected, maybe it's time for a reanalysis of this? I know it'd be a lot of work, but I think it'd make the servers a much nicer place overall.

• Like 2

• Staff

Flares were intended for aircraft to hover down to the ground, but recent changes to the game prevent us from turning them on without a pilot. That's why that awkwardly and gracefully float down. I hope to fix this very soon.

I do plan on moving all vehicles to our new garage system that will all utilize flares. This will also include modular vehicles. Work on this is slow at the moment due to other pressing issues we're working on.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2021 at 4:55 AM, Death said:

I do plan on moving all vehicles to our new garage system that will all utilize flares. This will also include modular vehicles. Work on this is slow at the moment due to other pressing issues we're working on.

Horses are vehicles and will be included, right? ❤️ 

• Love 3