VIP unlimited lanterns and tuna can lamp fuel

tuxii

Just throwing this out there I know there are mods that allow specifically for lanterns and tuna can lamps not consuming fuel and I would love to see it as a VIP perk on this server.  I love to do some crazy old fashioned decorating using these items.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I'm surprised catgirl hasn't replied to this. It takes 4032 low grade to make a lantern last all wipe. Considering the current market on scourge this would only cost about 400 scrap. It would be pretty cool to add this in as a perk though. It would probably attract a lot more pure rp players to the VIP role.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, SCE_Wraith said:

This was a VIP perk pre-electricity.  I can only assume it was dropped because electric lighting is just generally better than tuna can lamps and lanterns.

Oh but they look so much prettier! Sure they're easy to fuel, but I would love to see a return of the unlimited lantern

• Like 2

On 2/15/2021 at 4:13 PM, Ziggs said:

It would just make people not bother with electricity

I use electricity for many things, not just lighting, so electricity would absolutely still be used. There are some instances where a touch of a glowing torch would be welcome over the harsh lighting of ceiling lights. Not having to think about the need to keep the lantern fed would definitely be a perk I could stand behind. Also, the candle idea would be wonderful! I found myself really disappointed to learn they burn off so fast! I barely got to enjoy them and do not see myself purchasing them from the RustEZ store nor other players again. Giving them unlimited use would greatly improve asthetics and give those who enjoy decorating a new item to work with. Can you imagine the uses? 🔥💯💕

On 2/15/2021 at 2:13 PM, Ziggs said:

It would just make people not bother with electricity

I mean, I'd still use electricity for farming, but with the massive electrical lag we had last wipe, less electricity is a good thing, no?

I've actually been contemplating a lighting system using igniters, tuna can lamps, and sprinklers for a couple wipes now, because I enjoy the warm yellow light from the lanterns and tuna cans much more than I do the awful fluorescent-looking light from the ceiling lights.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/4/2021 at 3:44 PM, tuxii said:

Just throwing this out there I know there are mods that allow specifically for lanterns and tuna can lamps not consuming fuel and I would love to see it as a VIP perk on this server.  I love to do some crazy old fashioned decorating using these items.

This is a horrible idea for my past experience for the last time Death did it back early days of rustez for one wipe Unlimited lantern and lamps cause so much lag that the next wipe didn't have it.