People Useing Helicopters to Raid on a none Raid Server and How to fix it.

rogturtle23

Hello all, I finally have found the correct place to put this. As you know multiple people over the last few days after wipe have been talking about their base being gone with a full stocked tc and half of their base gone other times, all the way down to the tc not being their. In no way am I trying to tell the owners how to run their server as the server is fun and the community is great. As new player's come to  rust from watching twitch and we have all seen a lot of where is the pvp and why cant I kill or damage buildings, admin help they wont die. Not sure how they get pvp form pve but don't worry we tell them its pve. Now back to my point I my self think that some people not all are using the agro of the HELICOPTERS to hmm, Raid people as when their tc breaks or the boxes break well its free loot. And yes I know its against the rules less it still happens, and a lot of these people don't read the rules, Yes things like this happen. Yesterday their were 3 people shooting a heli near me and someone else they were not in a tower, just free running between buildings. His base walls were down to 100 health from stone, you might ask well why didn't he upgrade his base, well this is pve so we shouldn't have to worry about other agroing a chopper to mow down our walls with. People are intentionally using the helicopters rockets to destroy bases or heck they might just be trolling. I propose that the Building Damage be turned off. Then people don't have to worry about other hiding behind their buildings thinking the heli gonna blow up my base go away, and then fights start and everyone turns toxic on each other. Now we have the salvage hammer so we can still break things. People might build cooler things with the fear of oh a heli just gonna blow it up when someone hides under my porch or in my house if they got in, less you get boxy houses(not saying those are bad). If you don't want to see tons of wood and twig houses make heli damage everything under stone then their will be more stone house and people will still feel the need to farm and what not. I know the admins patrol this but people are still some how getting threw the cracks and ruining others time with the simple face that they don't want to die so they just gonna hid behind this wood base or twig base or even stone base and who cares its not your building you don't have to fix it you just want the heli loot. So I think I got everything out that I wanted to say. And in no way am I trying to tell you how to run the server im just letting you know its a problem and this is the best way I could think to fix it. Thanks for listening. 

From, rogturtle23

I get it. Loring the attack helicopter to the base and having it destroy it. 

So, no. This isn't supposed to be easy mode. This isn't a test build server. Admins try to reduce it but its really not their job. The admins are way more helpful then they need to.

Its PVE and that's part of it. It's expected. Once it happens to you, you learn and adapt. Failure to adapt is not the fault of the admin or the server.

• Upgrade your base - twig/wood only encourages bad behaviors
  • Use honeycomb
  • Use high exterior walls, barricades and traps.
  • Keep important things in your backpack when you are offline
  • Put your important items behind metal walls
  • Use solid foundation (Stone, Sheet metal and Armored) - so people CAN NOT hide under ( porches )
  • Remove spots where people can hide in or around your base.
  • Keep your fully upgraded base separate from your greenhouse, shops, clubs, hangouts etc

I have my benches in the middle of the room, in a upgraded base behind a armored wall. I take a risk by having my main base and shop together. I am aware of that risk.

I think the Heli plowing down giant twig hotels is a positive thing. All they do is create lag and no one uses them.

Heli is not your friend. It is as much as the environment as bears, wolves and zombies. You live in heli's world. Respect that. Fear that. Play the game a intended. Build your base like its getting raided. Defend what is yours.

That's just my opinion. Making the game even easier sound so boring.

Edited by Caetano
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

I've seen people doing this.  I think as long as you have a stone base or better and your loot is protected somewhat you should be OK.  Ive found damage to my base from the heli but not enough to destroy my base.  I think if you only build to twig level you shouldn't be surprised if something bad happens.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 2/15/2021 at 11:43 AM, Caetano said:

I get it. Loring the attack helicopter to the base and having it destroy it. 

So, no. This isn't supposed to be easy mode. This isn't a test build server. Admins try to reduce it but its really not their job. The admins are way more helpful then they need to.

Its PVE and that's part of it. It's expected. Once it happens to you, you learn and adapt. Failure to adapt is not the fault of the admin or the server.

• Upgrade your base - twig/wood only encourages bad behaviors
  • Use honeycomb
  • Use high exterior walls, barricades and traps.
  • Keep important things in your backpack when you are offline
  • Put your important items behind metal walls
  • Use solid foundation (Stone, Sheet metal and Armored) - so people CAN NOT hide under ( porches )
  • Remove spots where people can hide in or around your base.
  • Keep your fully upgraded base separate from your greenhouse, shops, clubs, hangouts etc

I have my benches in the middle of the room, in a upgraded base behind a armored wall. I take a risk by having my main base and shop together. I am aware of that risk.

I think the Heli plowing down giant twig hotels is a positive thing. All they do is create lag and no one uses them.

Heli is not your friend. It is as much as the environment as bears, wolves and zombies. You live in heli's world. Respect that. Fear that. Play the game a intended. Build your base like its getting raided. Defend what is yours.

That's just my opinion. Making the game even easier sound so boring.

Fuck all that... People should not have to worry about some asshole blowing up their base using the npc heli. It's a pve server. You're basically telling people to build pvp bases. I repeat, they should not have to worry about this. Should not have to adapt to assholes. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, rubiks-q-bert said:

Fuck all that... People should not have to worry about some asshole blowing up their base using the npc heli. It's a pve server. You're basically telling people to build pvp bases. I repeat, they should not have to worry about this. Should not have to adapt to assholes. 

There is no need to curse.

Somehow, my tips on how to improve someone's problem with the heli, is somehow offensive to you. I still think its better than your curse filled rant that changes nothing to solve a problem people are having now.

And what is wrong with raid bases in Rust? Dude, it's Rust. If you want to build a Barbie Dream House, then feel free.

How much of a safety net do you want in Rust?

I know the PURE PVE had something like a Heli that only locked to you like 4 years ago. Maybe Death will grant your wish. I'm sure he reads his own forums.

On 2/16/2021 at 9:14 PM, Caetano said:

There is no need to curse.

Somehow, my tips on how to improve someone's problem with the heli, is somehow offensive to you. I still think its better than your curse filled rant that changes nothing to solve a problem people are having now.

And what is wrong with raid bases in Rust? Dude, it's Rust. If you want to build a Barbie Dream House, then feel free.

How much of a safety net do you want in Rust?

I know the PURE PVE had something like a Heli that only locked to you like 4 years ago. Maybe Death will grant your wish. I'm sure he reads his own forums.

First, I'll say what I want and I said what I said.

If people are using helicopters to break peoples bases in order to steal, that is a clear violation of the rules. It's a pve server. I repeat, people should be able to build however they want without fear of being raided.  Solution to at least the stealing part, the plugin that prevents people from stealing or even accessing something they don't have the authority to, should be used across all rustez servers. 

How much of a safety net do I want in rust? On a pve server? The whole net... No one should have to worry about crap like this... 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

On 2/19/2021 at 12:27 AM, rubiks-q-bert said:

Solution to at least the stealing part, the plugin that prevents people from stealing or even accessing something they don't have the authority to, should be used across all rustez servers. 

That mod is on all RustEZ servers, with the exception of our Pure servers. Pure is a Community server listing, and as such, may not utilize this server mod.

12 hours ago, rubiks-q-bert said:

If true, extremely unfortunate. Theft should be a one time offense. 

In some situations for raiding, stealing and theft, I agree: Based on your RustEZ profile and warnings on your account, you'd already have a ban if we   implemented immediate bans for all these potential occurrences. I don't know that we'll actually consider moving to immediate bans for these situations, but I'm always open to suggestions and player feedback on these topics.

• 3 weeks later...

I can see where you are coming from, but this is a PVE server, most players I know, including myself wanted a place to enjoy the other aspects of rust, without having that constant anxiety of logging in and finding your base totally gone and looted. Players shouldent be forced to play PVE like PVP and build their bases to counter other players actions.

• Like 2