AU Scourge: Big Pharma

Offender: Big Pharma   STEAM
Server: AU Scourge
Time: 10:14 AM ET
Length: Perm.
Reason: Theft, inciting unrest in the server,  and disrespect to players and staff.
More Info:

(Player had been warned prior to this occasion for his general chat communications.)

Theft and player disrespect are not welcomed.  Player had been specifically warned for his antagonism twice prior to this event.

Regarding the theft:
Player attempted to turn the FAQ to suit their purposes. They believed that the FAQ cleared them to steal from others. This is not something we are going to be over looking. 
To clarify:
Participation in an event, such as patrol heli or Bradley APC, means, doing enough damage that you've earned a box.  Participation is not showing up and taking what you want without invitation or permission. 

9 minutes ago, Granny said:

Offender: Big Pharma   STEAM
Server: AU Scourge
Time: 10:14 AM ET
Length: Perm.
Reason: Theft, inciting unrest in the server,  and disrespect to players and staff.
More Info:

(Player had been warned prior to this occasion for his general chat communications.)

Theft and player disrespect are not welcomed.  Player had been specifically warned for his antagonism twice prior to this event.

Regarding the theft:
Player attempted to turn the FAQ to suit their purposes. They believed that the FAQ cleared them to steal from others. This is not something we are going to be over looking. 
To clarify:
Participation in an event, such as patrol heli or Bradley APC, means, doing enough damage that you've earned a box.  Participation is not showing up and taking what you want without invitation or permission. 

I did not attempt to turn the FAQ to suit my purpose, Samakeen pointed me to the the FAQ last wipe when chaos was running riot over Bradley camping.

There are a group of players who camp brad and time his arrival to the minute, and there are also may many players who believe that if they take brad, they own the loot.

It is a busy server, and as the FAQ states, many people are on trying to do the same thing.  The rule on dibs was written to stop arguments and calling people thieves by allowing players to grub for loot and join in.  Not to allow a specific group of players absolute access to loot.

I was muted for defending my position by referring players to the FAQ, while an admin (OBourgine) made up rules in chat about specific damages dealt  by payers to Bradley allowing for a "share" of the loot.  Yes, he made up rules that do not exist anywhere but in his head to placate a group who do not wish to follow the actual rules.

Participation is playing the game.   There are no rules about doing damage.  I submit that both Granny and OBourgine are incorrect in the interpretation they submit.

These are the facts.

RustEZ is a PVE server family. Player versus Environment.

Only those players who take an active role in taking out Bradley, or patrol heli get a share of the loot. Meaning participants of those specific events.  What you did, by not fighting the enemy, and just taking stuff anyways is theft. Showing up and doing nothing earns nothing.

You had been spoken to and warned two other times prior for your behaviors in chat. When you were told, by myself, the way that the FAQ was intended  to be read you made the point of saying "grubbing is participating", you cited the FAQ and wrote "anything else you say is opinion". Not in this instance, it is not. Just as participation with heli requires that you do reasonable damages to it, the same applies to Bradley. You must have participated in the fight to kill it. You, did no such thing. You stated that you didn't break rules by doing so as you 'participated'. You are incorrect. Grubbing is not participating.

While the theft is part of why you have been banned, you were asked twice to drop it by two different members of staff. You did not.  You  continued to antagonize the players and staff with "Welcome to Rust" as a jab. I muted you to allow myself a chance to speak with others about your behavior.

This is RustEZ, where the rules do apply. Part of my job as staff means occasionally bidding players farewell. 
I hope you find a server better suited to your playstyle. 

~G

24 minutes ago, Granny said:

RustEZ is a PVE server family. Player versus Environment.

Only those players who take an active role in taking out Bradley, or patrol heli get a share of the loot. Meaning participants of those specific events.  What you did, by not fighting the enemy, and just taking stuff anyways is theft. Showing up and doing nothing earns nothing.

You had been spoken to and warned two other times prior for your behaviors in chat. When you were told, by myself, the way that the FAQ was intended  to be read you made the point of saying "grubbing is participating", you cited the FAQ and wrote "anything else you say is opinion". Not in this instance, it is not. Just as participation with heli requires that you do damages to it, the same applies to Bradley. You must have participated in the fight to kill it. You, did no such thing. You stated that you didn't break rules by doing so as you 'participated'. You are incorrect. Grubbing is not participating.

While the theft is part of why you have been banned, you were asked twice to drop it by two different members of staff. You did not.  You  continued to antagonize the players and staff with "Welcome to Rust" as a jab. I muted you to allow myself a chance to speak with others about your behavior.

This is RustEZ, where the rules do apply. Part of my job as staff means occasionally bidding players farewell. 
I hope you find a server better suited to your playstyle. 

~G

First and foremost, I did not take anything from the crates.  You are incorrect.  The server has detailed logs of everything a player acquires and they will reflect this.   

Secondly, show me in the FAQ where what you state is written.  You have clearly stated now the grubbing is not participating, while another admin has indicated that it is.  Which of you are correct, I will defer to the person who wrote the FAQ.

Yes I was asked to drop it, however I have a vested interest in the entire server population.  In my first wipe while unaware of the rules, I "participated" in taking down heli, another player lured heli away and grabbed the loot.  I was told that this was acceptable.  I did not share in the loot.  For weeks I was unaware of the FAQ, and finding it was extremely enlightening.

It seems that Admins bend the FAQ to suit a player base they have become friends with, and interpret the FAQ to suit.

I refer you to your assertion that players are required to damage heli and brad to "participate".   This is not stated anywhere.

On a non PVE server, Brad and heli are regularly countered.  On a PVE server this is not possible.  Further, those players who do take brad and heli camp it.  Perhaps if the Admins put more faith in the FAQ this would allow players who do not have rocket launchers and rockets to "participate" in a meaningful way.  I do have rocket launchers and rockets, and I don't mind people grubbing at all.

As for being disrespectful, the chat logs show that other players were far more disrespectful to me, including yourself. 

I would welcome being unbanned, however I am also ambivalent.  Meaning that I don't mind what you do so long as it is consistent.  I do not see your interpretation of the FAQ as being consistent.  Do not use the argument from authority, it holds no weight.  Use the FAQ.

Once again, the logs show that I did not steal anything from the crates.  So what is your reason for banning?  Debating the FAQ?

The theft or the 'not' theft aside, prior to today, you have been warned twice by two separate admins. Kicked twice, by two separate admins for being aggressive and rude. Today two separate admins, told you that the conversation was over, but you continued. You chose to put your opinion as being more important than the standards of this community.

I cannot support you remaining as a member of this community.

image.png.ff16fcb5c50e377a31a51dda4eb457d3.png

image.png.885ca463180c178ad39aa05d0cbb7961.png

image.png.3b841fd3fc0bc2f8032877079e0a4e4c.png

• No griefing.
  • No player disrespect.
  • No Politics.

Casting out any mention of theft,  all three rules that I have listed above, you have broken. 

The ban remains. 

I am locking this appeal.

• Granny locked this topic