Bandit Camp Max Stack Debuff

Kent HDD

I know that for the most part we want a vanilla experience (especially on the Pure servers) but the way that the restocking works make buying large quantities incredibly mundane and slow.

Furthermore, the pickles specifically was something pretty important, horses aren't well optimized by Facepunch in many respects - especially how much food they need to stay alive while a user is offline (Especially if the user needs more than 1 day away from RUST). As such the larger stacks of pickles helped players have confidence to leave their horse safely hitched.

FYI: I use a car, not a horse. So it doesn't affect me directly, but I know a lot of players have been sad/upset/frustrated by that part of the update.

I think the removal of the stacking-higher-than-normal was a great idea, but with most things there's now a wait time to buy things that don't make a full stack. (i.e diesel barrels - only having 10 in stock at outpost when a stack of barrels is 20) And that's if nobody else is waiting to buy them also. 

If there was a way to make it so you could only sell/buy enough to make a stack it might be better.

For example it's currently sell 80 cloth for 10 scrap, and there's only 10 in stock. If it could be changed to stock of 100 then the max stack would be 1,000 scrap meaning no higher-than-normal stack of scrap 

300 Low Grade Fuel for 1 diesel barrel, 10 in stock. Change it to 20 in stock and you have a full stack of barrels.

There would still be a wait time for restock, but it would be quicker to sell/buy higher quantities and full stacks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Angie said:

I think the removal of the stacking-higher-than-normal was a great idea, but with most things there's now a wait time to buy things that don't make a full stack. (i.e diesel barrels - only having 10 in stock at outpost when a stack of barrels is 20) And that's if nobody else is waiting to buy them also. 

If there was a way to make it so you could only sell/buy enough to make a stack it might be better.

For example it's currently sell 80 cloth for 10 scrap, and there's only 10 in stock. If it could be changed to stock of 100 then the max stack would be 1,000 scrap meaning no higher-than-normal stack of scrap 

300 Low Grade Fuel for 1 diesel barrel, 10 in stock. Change it to 20 in stock and you have a full stack of barrels.

There would still be a wait time for restock, but it would be quicker to sell/buy higher quantities and full stacks.

Just to counter this, lets keep in mind that the vanilla game does stack on occasions (Although cant remember if the stores are part of it) - ie pay-out at the wheel. But understand why it can be seen as a good thing that most things have preventative measures to stop them from overstacking.

Edited by SpitefulBatman
  • Love 1

• Staff

The stock is dynamic and should be adjusting to your available inventory space. For example, if cloth stacks to 1,000, and you have 10 free slots, you should be able to buy 10,000 in one transaction. If this is not the case let me know and I'll see what's borked.

Vending machines do give stacks beyond the max stack in vanilla, but this isn't intended. It's been a bug for some time now that we decided to patch ourselves. We left it alone for a while, but with the implementation of composters and pickles, it's greatly impacting player economy.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, KingOfWolfSt said:

Would like to go back to how it was before (us scourge server)

I have a feeling that scourge is the one of the main economies that Death is referring to as being hurt by the overstacking. If anything Pure is the economy that is unaffected by it (At least largely)

So as far the bandit restocking on us pure...

I am told that if we wait for them to restock, it is considered camping. 

I sell mass amounts of hqm to players and bandit camp  The stacking doesnt affect me at all...but the cooldown does. I just wanted to get more info on the do's and dont's as far as selling to bandit. As far as i can tell, having open slots in your inventory doesnt affect how much u can sell at one time (i believe that is what i read as to how it is supposed to work) 

Any info is appreciated. 

Edited by EatTheCrow
Fixing typos

• Staff
7 hours ago, EatTheCrow said:

So as far the bandit restocking on us pure...

I am told that if we wait for them to restock, it is considered camping. 

I sell mass amounts of hqm to players and bandit camp  The stacking doesnt affect me at all...but the cooldown does. I just wanted to get more info on the do's and dont's as far as selling to bandit. As far as i can tell, having open slots in your inventory doesnt affect how much u can sell at one time (i believe that is what i read as to how it is supposed to work) 

Any info is appreciated. 

There was an update to address this. Please double check and confirm if this is fixed. Thanks!

On 3/7/2021 at 11:57 AM, Death said:

There was an update to address this. Please double check and confirm if this is fixed. Thanks!

We purchased pickles yesterday on AU Pure. It allowed us to purchase the amount we had of scrap as opposed to free inventory space. This caused an explosion of dropped pickles (many of which fell into the shopkeepers area and despawned). I am guessing this is not intended as it allowed us to purchase 59 stacks (of 10) of pickles in total which obviously players dont have even with an empty inventory.

• Staff
On 3/8/2021 at 6:09 PM, SpitefulBatman said:

We purchased pickles yesterday on AU Pure. It allowed us to purchase the amount we had of scrap as opposed to free inventory space. This caused an explosion of dropped pickles (many of which fell into the shopkeepers area and despawned). I am guessing this is not intended as it allowed us to purchase 59 stacks (of 10) of pickles in total which obviously players dont have even with an empty inventory.

That is not intended. I'll sort this out asap. Thanks for letting me know!

• Like 1