Bradley is too easy

Cartmon

• Staff

As the title says, Bradley is too easy to take and get access to the loot, for the modded servers it could be nice to see something added to make it harder like the plugin linked below.

https://umod.org/plugins/bradley-guards

On PVP servers the difficulty in taking Bradley would mainly come from the counters whereas here we fire off a few rockets and it's free easy loot, this would change it up abit and increase the difficulty of taking Bradley as well as giving us more things to shoot at.

Appreciate any consideration this is given.

• Like 4

• Staff

I've taken brad from the roofs, from the security booth, from the mounds, running between the buildings and even from the top of the red keycard roof wearing a hazzie and dealing with the radiation. The only time Brad is actually scary or poses any real danger is when he spawns 10m away from you while you are running through the open.

• Like 1

While I agree he is easy, he was a whole lot easier before they messed with him 2 wipes ago. I don't think adjusting him is a good idea as then you're ostracizing the more casual players. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to appeal to both types of players without hurting one or the other.

• Like 1

If you get bored from doing Brad, maybe it's time to let others do it. I normally do a few Brads  per wipe to get an M249 or two and move on. 

Making it more challenging / more rewarding will make a longer queue waiting to take it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aNoNiM said:

If you get bored from doing Brad, maybe it's time to let others do it. I normally do a few Brads  per wipe to get an M249 or two and move on. 

Making it more challenging / more rewarding will make a longer queue waiting to take it. 

At least on EU Scourge there isn't exactly a line for Brad. I do 1, maybe 2 a day the first week or so. MAYBE 1 (if that) a day after that and I rarely see anyone else there or commenting about it. So saying "maybe it's time to let others do it" implies you think he and others do it to much which I don't think is the case here. The rule is don't do it back to back. Only 1 person I've seen do that and it aint Cartmon.

• Staff

Even with the addition of NPCs, it's a matter of time before players invent strategies to completely negate the extra difficultly. I'd love to buff the bradley to make it harder to kill, but as it is now, the loot is so hit or miss it would be hard to justify that.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Staff

I understand where you are coming from as a strategy as simple as sitting on the roof would negate the ability of the NPCs to push a person and make them easier to take out from a safe position, however the NPCs would also bring additional loot to the situation so even if you only got ladder hatches, cameras and attachments from the bradley crates, there'd be a chance of better loot from the NPCs like MGLs, 40mm HE grenades and even the slim chance of a L96.

• 1 month later...