Generator VS Wind Turbine VS Wind Turbine Upgrade

jamtoa

Would it be possible to:

1. Swap out the windturbine for a Generator. no more windturbines but we could craft the $2 Generator instead? 

or

2. Upgrade windturbine output. (maybe upgrade like quarry and pumpjacks) or just increase output. 

The only reason I ask is maybe less turbines would provide better server performance? 

Not sure if this would even help performance but was thinking about it today as i was about to add another wind turbine. 

Thanks. 

Wind Turbines already max out more than a generator but depends on height and wind. It's highly unlikely to introduce something to the crafting table that facepunch hasn't put there themselves. 

I'd be all for an output upgrade if I thought that would fix anything. Just will prompt people to make even bigger, uglier, stupider builds that will cause more performance issues than an extra wind turbine would.

IMO

16 hours ago, rubiks-q-bert said:

Just will prompt people to make even bigger, uglier, stupider builds that will cause more performance issues than an extra wind turbine would.

ah yes, I didn't think about this. We would be back where we started. lol. Personally I'd upgrade a single wind turbine over and over but yea. I agree for the most part. 

• Like 1

Well, if we could do an increase in say....solar panels so that the output was 100 energy instead of 50,  it would a) reduce windmill animations, b) remove the astro-high builds, and c) make it a universal accepted idea...

Building 3 solar panels would be the equivilant to 1 windmill at 15 stories high. 

46 minutes ago, Darktweets said:

Well, if we could do an increase in say....solar panels so that the output was 100 energy instead of 50,  it would a) reduce windmill animations, b) remove the astro-high builds, and c) make it a universal accepted idea...

Building 3 solar panels would be the equivilant to 1 windmill at 15 stories high. 

Solar panels were already altered from 20 to 50. Altering them to 100 is 5x the norm and that's just a tad broken.

• Like 1