Pumpjacks - Level 10 versus Level 5.

Darktweets

Some of us purchased level 10 PJ's in order to save space on US-Survival. Discovered, however, that the output isn't even remotely the same, as 2 Level 5 PJ's running because the level 10 'eats' more of its 'intake/output' [I had 4 Refineries to *barely* keep up to a level 5, whereas 3 is nearly more than a level 10 needs].

This seems...inappropriate for those of us who wish to help by saving space, but we're getting less than what we paid for. Can we have the intake reduced and output increased so its equal?

@Death The pumpjacks are not producing the same amount over time like they did previous wipe.  People paid money for for something that's not working like it use to.  Any ETA when it might be fixed or RustEZ do something to compensate people who purchased item from the store that's not working like it did in previous wipe. Store credit or be given the pumpjack for the next wipe to make up for it.

A lvl 2 pump jack would make like 30k lgf over night. My current lvl3 pumpjack this wipe might make 15k ish.

• Staff
6 hours ago, Sim said:

@Death The pumpjacks are not producing the same amount over time like they did previous wipe.  People paid money for for something that's not working like it use to.  Any ETA when it might be fixed or RustEZ do something to compensate people who purchased item from the store that's not working like it did in previous wipe. Store credit or be given the pumpjack for the next wipe to make up for it.

A lvl 2 pump jack would make like 30k lgf over night. My current lvl3 pumpjack this wipe might make 15k ish.

i have a level 1 (AU scourge) that does 7k-9k over the hours i sleep, had previously a level 2 pj and 15kish sounds about right for overnight. i actually thought PJ's were doing better this wipe so i am surprised that people feel it is under, but we may have just kept it fueled well in the first hours/days. Asking for store credit/carry over pj seems a bit much tbh if it was the case.

19 hours ago, rubiks-q-bert said:

My level 2 has never made 30k crude overnight.

My lvl2 last wipe was making double what my lvl3 is making now.  The current output of a lvl3 isn't worth the $9 spent on them.

I'm running a level 10, a level 5, and 2 level 1 PJ's. They're currently not producing enough to cover 3 Level 10 Quarrries and themselves.
Last wipe, I ran 3 level 5 PJs, and 3 Level 10 Quarries. I had a surplus of about 30k LGF a night or more. [including keeping them filled].

I've been told by moderators that there is an issue with offline fuel systems, so I'm hoping that something gets fixed. 

Heres some info to check if your pumpjacks are off in production amount. pumpjacks will use 360 fuel an hour, so for a 24 hour period these are the amount you should be getting.

lvl 1 : 8640
lvl 2 : 17280
lvl 3 : 25920
lvl 4 : 34560
lvl 5 : 43200
lvl 6 : 51840
lvl 7 : 60480
lvl 8 : 69120
lvl 9 : 77760
lvl 10 : 86400

• Like 2

Yeah. definitely not happening.

I did go through all my pipes/refineries/PJs, and discovered something - somehow, several of my pipes/refineries were 'factory reset' - the filters didn't have anything in them, and more than a few refineries were fully loaded with crude, while others were completely empty.

Mentioned it to moderator/admin, but I figured something should be said here. Check your pipes to see if the standards you set them up at the start are still working. The missing fuel might be collecting without your knowledge in a refinery. 

Pumpjacks are completely out of whack this wipe. I stuck 10k LGF into one of my level 10's and watched it go down to 9,900, ran to my refineries and only had about 3 crude oil in each refinery. All of my filters were correct, I'm going to try to reset everything to see if that helps but would much rather just have a refund at this point and go back to my 2 level 5's. 

• 3 weeks later...

So, when I click on the upgrade for a level 10, it says 'production = 100 consumption = 10' ....
lvl 1 production = 10, conumption = 1. 

So a lvl 1 over a 5 minute test consumes 30 LGF and produces 30 Crude.
lvl 10 over a 5 minute test consumes 300 LGF and produces 300 Crude.

that doesn't appear to be a production of 100 and a consumption of 10.  [or a production of 10 and a consumption of 1]. 

I would expect for a 5 minute test for a level 1 to produce 30 and consume 3. 

or for a 5 min test for a level 10 to produce 300 and consume 30.  

Edited by Darktweets

• 2 years later...
On 5/30/2021 at 6:09 PM, Mister Dobalina said:

PJ's will always produce Crude on a 1:1 ratio to LGF. The levels refer to the speeds in which they produce. So one LVL2 produces and consumes the same as two LVL1's, one LVL10 will produce and consume the same as ten LVL1's

LVL 1: About 360 crude per hour

LVL 2: About 720

LVL 3: About 1080

LVL 4: About 1440

etc etc etc

Thank you for the clearest explanation yet of the Pumpjacks.