Garrison balancing

Seekerm

As suggested similarly in the linked threads below, Garrison seems very overpowered and prone to camping. I have a few ideas to better balance them:

Randomize spawn times

Reduce loot but allow multiple instances around the map

Publicly announce who destroyed Garrison similar to the kill feed so it is easier to notice frequent campers

Don't mark it on the map so players have to actually go find them

• Like 2

As someone who does do them often, I'm all for a new challenge. I do them out of habit honestly. As @Aurora pointed out, they are extremely easy once you've done a few. I know how much work goes into these but at some point, they just need an entire overhaul. New layout, more traps. 

Ideas

Different guns in the turrets based on difficulty. More of them as well. As it is, depending on which way you go in, you can deal with one or zero of them.

Tesla coils.... Those things will surprise people if on the sensors. 

Bear traps and landmines.

NPCs if doable. 

If the difficulty is cranked up enough, the current payout is still more than worth it, but as is, huge payout for minimal effort.

• 2 weeks later...

Announcing who destroyed Garrison, and Bradley, would be great imo. For example, since I logged on this morning, Garrison has spawned 3 times. Each time, I immediately fly there hoping to take it and each time it has been the same person there and they're already destroying TC when I arrive. Announcing who has taken it may help dissuade campers and people from taking it non-stop. At the very least, we'd know who to ask for permission from. I really don't want to place a 1x1+TC right on the spawn and turn in to one of those people, but each day it's looking more and more like I'm going to have to be.

1 hour ago, Mister Dobalina said:

Announcing who destroyed Garrison, and Bradley, would be great imo. For example, since I logged on this morning, Garrison has spawned 3 times. Each time, I immediately fly there hoping to take it and each time it has been the same person there and they're already destroying TC when I arrive. Announcing who has taken it may help dissuade campers and people from taking it non-stop. At the very least, we'd know who to ask for permission from. I really don't want to place a 1x1+TC right on the spawn and turn in to one of those people, but each day it's looking more and more like I'm going to have to be.

That sounds like camping and you should involve an admin to have a chat with them if it's the same person. I'll admit, I turned into one of those people in April because of a certain team. May, not so much. 

But, I heard a rumor that garrisons are slated for a makeover but there's no timestamp on it. Just one of those things Death will do when he can get the time. 

But seriously, involve an admin. I've had to in prior wipes. Unfortunately, garrisons aren't currently trackable like Brad or Helis so when an admin isn't online, hard for them to do anything about it.