Ban appeal

i was banned by Am Sullivan, i had a sign that said "The Communist peoples republic of the bush" and refused to take it down because everyone that had seen the sign enjoyed it, i even received messages in my mailbox about how they liked it, Am decided she needs to ban me for a month for a white sign with black text, rather than taking the sign from me and giving me a warning. this was moments after she accused my friend of stealing peoples items who is now permanently banned before he was given the option to give the items back. i feel my ban was unfair and due to me being associated with a suspected thief. not to mention we were showing two new players how to play rust and they have a toxic taste in their mouth because they don't know how to play and their friends were banned for no reason at all

• Staff

Hello Gryff, 

Thanks for taking the time to make an appeal.

Your friends ban and yours are completely unrelated, so I will not be addressing that in this forum. I noticed the sign on your base as we were next to it when I came over to confront your friend. I politely asked you to change the sign as it goes against RustEZ's stance on politics. Rather than comply, you spent 5 minutes trying to argue with me and kept saying "its just white and black on a sign" I kept asking you to change the sign and let you know that admins aren't here to argue the rules, but to uphold them. You followed this up with "So what, you're gonna ban be for a sign?" I replied that if you refused to comply with server rules, there are consequences. You replied "then I guess you'll have to ban me. its just a sign".

Considering your disregard for the rules, and attempt to bluff your way out of the ban, it will not be lifted. Spend the next 30 days reviewing the server rules and I hope to see you back as a wonderful member of the server.

AMSullivan

43 minutes ago, amsullivan said:

Hello Gryff, 

Thanks for taking the time to make an appeal.

Your friends ban and yours are completely unrelated, so I will not be addressing that in this forum. I noticed the sign on your base as we were next to it when I came over to confront your friend. I politely asked you to change the sign as it goes against RustEZ's stance on politics. Rather than comply, you spent 5 minutes trying to argue with me and kept saying "its just white and black on a sign" I kept asking you to change the sign and let you know that admins aren't here to argue the rules, but to uphold them. You followed this up with "So what, you're gonna ban be for a sign?" I replied that if you refused to comply with server rules, there are consequences. You replied "then I guess you'll have to ban me. its just a sign".

Considering your disregard for the rules, and attempt to bluff your way out of the ban, it will not be lifted. Spend the next 30 days reviewing the server rules and I hope to see you back as a wonderful member of the server.

AMSullivan

if i can get another admin to review this instead of the one who banned me and isn't biased against me that be greeeeeeaaaaaaaaaat. also maybe try putting all your rules in one spot instead of making it a fuckin scavenger hunt 🙂

Edited by gryff
  • Staff

Thank-You for participating in our ban appeals process.

Rules are clearly displayed when typing  /rules in-game as well as on our discord, website, BM and join page. After reviewing your appeal along with investigating the incident in which you were banned I feel your ban is just and will stand for the remaining 30 days. 

As admins we do not make the rules or policies. We are here only to uphold RustEZ's rules and policies to ensure the integrity of our servers stay intact for everyone on the server...This includes you as well. 

Amsullivan explained our rules and policies regarding signage. You chose to ignore and disregard her warnings to you and instead of making the situation a teachable moment and continuing your progression on our servers you chose to be disrespectful and argumentative.  Please take the remainder of your ban to familiarize yourself with our rules and I look forward to having you back on our servers as another treasured rule abiding member.

• Like 1