In Memory of 30013Z3R0

amsullivan

• Staff

As some of you may already be aware, we've recently lost an  invaluable member of our RustEZ community. On Monday  May 24th, 2021 30013Z3R0 passed away due to complications from COVID.

30013Z3R0 has been a wonderful member of the US Pure community for the last 8 months. He spent most of his time on the server with his teammate, a3/0scLauan, helping to perfect their build to allow public access to players in need, helping others out and teaching new comers the ropes.

A few wipes ago, he spent countless hours and resources working with his teammate to develop and construct a maze for players to enjoy. As with any maze this brought frustration and confusion - and both players and admins loved it! After seeing the joy this brought to the server, they continued to carry this through wipes, making it a tradition that everyone looked forward to.

Even with the time and energy this took, it never swayed his desire to help players. He still took the time to help anyone that wandered by his base or needed help in chat or simply was looking for a friend. He will be dearly missed, both as a player and as a friend by all who had the wonderful opportunity to know him.

Rest easy 30013Z3R0, we'll do our best to carry on your legacy and keep you in our hearts.

• Sad 21
  • Love 9

• Aurora pinned this topic
  • Staff

Through our play time together we both learned a ton about the game, each other, and the community.  I'm a quiet, keep to myself person and i think we both brought out the best in each other.  I looked forward to our chats about the day, and what we were going to accomplish in game on any particular night.  

Even after he got sick, he maintained those high spirits, making sure those around him werent worrying at his expense.  I continued sending him photos of this wipe on discord so he wouldnt miss out on any of the action, and couldnt wait for his critique of the maze i made (my first! Normally he's the builder lol).  

I couldnt have asked to meet a better individual to share a base with on this game, and will forever appreciate our time together.  Thank you everyone for the support and/or chats working through the situation has left me with a lot of feels to work through.  Also thank you sully for this post it means a lot, and i simply didnt have the words just yet.  

Resy easy 300, thank you for the memories!

❤️

Edited by a 3/0 sc lauan
  • Love 20

300 and a3 were definitely a well known duo and we all looked forward to what they were going to come up with. 300 always had a way of convincing me to come down and try out the maze, even thought I hated it and swore them off. Pretty sure he loved hearing me raging from somewhere deep inside the maze, unable to get out. Can hear still his chuckles and him saying "you got it gigz you can do it!". Probably one of the best nights I have had on the server was bumper heli night with a3, mello, and 300. I have never laughed soooo much in my life. My heart is heavy to know we will be missing a valuable player, but I am glad that we will be able to continue to remember him. a3, you will always have a naked wild gigz to keep things interesting for you (even if it means recreating the shining 😄❤️

• Love 2

December 2020 was my 1st EZ wipe a few weeks after buying Rust. I set up base at Y15 in the desert about 1.5 grid block away from the guy collecting human skulls. I died a lot as a new player and always brought my skull to Zero. He always helped me understand the game mechanics and how to get the most out of the server.  We all know the stories about the maze and how kind he was with both new and older players. I'll certainly miss his clever comebacks the frequent US Pure chat bullshit/drama and running into him in the server.  Rest in Peace Rust friend. You will be missed.

• Love 2

• Staff
13 hours ago, HalfPint said:

December 2020 was my 1st EZ wipe a few weeks after buying Rust. I set up base at Y15 in the desert about 1.5 grid block away from the guy collecting human skulls. I died a lot as a new player and always brought my skull to Zero. He always helped me understand the game mechanics and how to get the most out of the server.  We all know the stories about the maze and how kind he was with both new and older players. I'll certainly miss his clever comebacks the frequent US Pure chat bullshit/drama and running into him in the server.  Rest in Peace Rust friend. You will be missed.

lol that was such a fun wipe.  we all taught each other so much and had a ton of fun out there in the desert.  it was one of my first runs with a pumpjack and full bore public area.  wound up with 3 or 4 new steam friends as well 🙂

"... when great souls die
after a period peace blooms
slowly and always
irregularly. Spaces fill
with a kind of
soothing electric vibration.
Our senses, restored, never
to be the same, whisper to us.
They existed. They existed.
We can be. Be and be
better. For they existed."

Though much is taken, much abides. Sorry for your loss. Rest in peace.

• Love 2

I'm very sad to hear this. I only met him briefly in the last maze he made. I couldn't get past the 3rd floor and he kindly let me out. A3 your maze last wipe was just as hard and my fellow players were stuck in it for hours. You've carried on the legacy and you too are kind and fun to play with as well. Rest in peace 300 you are missed!

💖

Edited by KR6SSY
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, RedsSunshine said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2511781405

We have built a Memorial Hall For 30013Z3R0 on RustEZ Pure. It's located in O22. He will surely be missed. Players can write or draw on a sign, drop a pookie bear or a candle. The TC code is in the big multicolored chest on a piece of paper. 

I stopped by and put my stamp on a sign. 

• Love 2

• 3 weeks later...

I really appreciate all the people that have taken the time to remember 300 and the effort to create the memorial in game. I know he would have thought it was great. 300 was an extremely talented person, he was always creating. Either building cars or creating new graphics in photoshop. He made his own branding of shirts, hats and stickers. It took me a long time to log back into the game knowing he wouldn't be there. I actually got Rust because he was telling me all the crazy things he had been up to in the game and how it was how Fallout 76 should have been (we played that game a lot before this one). I still to this day can't believe he is gone, usually wouldn't go more then a day or two just shooting messages back and forth just to see what was up. He helped me through my back fusion surgery, as he had his almost a year earlier to the date. He'd just send me a message saying "Hey how's the back". I'm really going to miss him. Till we meet again Eddie (30013Z3R0)

Attached is probably one of the last creations he made, I jokingly said "Hey create me a logo so If I ever start streaming I have something and I'll shamelessly whore your merchandise". A few weeks later after I thought he might have forgot, he sent this:

Spankie-De-Monkey-Finished.thumb.jpg.07e3651a6635f9533ece71948f97612f.jpg

• Love 6

im so glad his friends liked the Memorial. he was one of the first we met when we finally started playing Rust again and found this server.  he was so helpful to us and he wont be forgotten by me and my wife. A3 Spanked yall can call on us any time! our condolences to your friend!!!!

• Love 3

Oh my God, I am just learning this.  I moved to Scourge from Pure the last couple wipes and must have barely missed it.

Z3RO made Rust incredibly enjoyable for me, and is surely a big part of why I have stuck around - just waiting for a mercurial presence like his to sweep me up again.

He was super helpful and engaging and patient with me as I flailed about after coming from public PVP servers.  He was coincidentally a nearish-neighbor in several consecutive wipes and always had time for me and others in the community.  Even when he was sick, he hardly seemed to miss a beat in his positivity.  In his Rust life, at least, he was a model citizen.  He more than loved this game and community.  He cared for it.  He did some special stuff within the confines of the sandbox, and I always wondered what the game would be like if creative and determined people like him were ever given the keys to the kingdom.

I only knew him for a few months, and I miss him.  To be honest, I'm logged on right now and it's taken the wind out of my sails for the moment.  I hope all of you that knew him much better are doing alright.  His exploits made for wonderful times for many of us.  In little ways here and there, he taught those around him to have good, clean fun.

RIP, new friend.  Keep showing us how it's done.

Edited by jds_v
*PVP servers. You know... the ones not filled with awesome, helpful people
  • Love 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Death unpinned this topic