Detailed rules

rubiks-q-bert

Let me preface with this is not for me. I know the rules.

I'd like to see a more detailed post that is pinned somewhere that elaborates on the rules that we can link people to. Some of the rules can get a little blurry or open to interpretation. 

1. "No raiding, griefing or looting of any kind." While I think that's pretty self explanatory, can't tell you how many times someone asks about raiding or if a box is unlocked, etc. I think there just needs to be more detail on the "looting" part. Something like, if it isn't yours or your teams, don't touch it. 

2. "No mic or chat spam, player disrespect, racism or harassment." Self explanatory

3. "No camping loot rooms, monuments or any highly concentrated areas." That's a whole other post I will be putting up but, define camping.

4. "You may build in caves but you must ensure safe passage for players." Self explanatory

5. "No blocking waterways, building around monuments or large areas of land." What constitutes "large areas of land"?  Building "around" monuments as in walling them off or as in building close to them?

6. One that is not mentioned. Religion & Politics. Having talked to Aurora about it, I understand the stance on it and I'm not saying it should be outright banned, but I feel it does need a mention in the rules.

Again, I don't need/want a bunch of responses here defining things. I think one defining rules post pinned in announcements would be spectacular.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I think we need to add a few things to this:

[This is copied from the battlemetrics]
● Pipes must only connect containers in close proximity and can not span large distances. - this isn't in the rules, but is still on battlemetrics.

Food for thought:
All bases must be upgraded to wood as soon as possible, given Twig's causataion for loading/lag.
Laser lights can ONLY be placed indoors, since outdoor use causes server lag.  - 
*something* about Searchlights or Xmas lights..... since using more than four in a hex area constantly on causes lag issues.
No big bases within one hex of Bandit/Outpost. [another lag issue]
When placing a quarry, use the four corner method for TC protection. 

And finally, *something* about heli fire and fixed monuments. 
I watched someone summon 5 helis in a row, using Airport/Oxum's station for cover. The explosive fire damaged more than a few bases around both, that were more than 1 hex away. I know you guys are working on something, but 'common sense' doesn't seem to be working here. 

If there was a way for new players [upon joining] to spawn into a designated area with the rules, or have something put up somewhere that contained all of something - it would be highly appreciated. 

• Like 4

I wish they would enforce some of these rules posted above. The lag on US Scourge is so bad on some parts of the map, you can play on the EU and AU servers from the US with less lag.

Are there any written rules posted anywhere?

Edited by Skulavich
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Skulavich said:

I wish they would enforce some of these rules posted above. The lag on US Scourge is so bad on some parts of the map, you can play on the EU and AU servers from the US with less lag.

Are there any written rules posted anywhere?

No. That's the whole context of this post. I want to see rules elaborated on, some changed, some new ones made, and have them all posted on the forums. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rubiks-q-bert said:

No. That's the whole context of this post. I want to see rules elaborated on, some changed, some new ones made, and have them all posted on the forums. 

I seriously find it difficult to believe that given the length of time you've been in the community that you still need assistance with rules.  

Community and server rules are located on the welcome screen when you log in to each server.  Every player has access to see the rules here the very second they choose to connect to a RustEZ server – you can view them when you log in or via Battle metrics (the /connect page of our website).

If there is any change to our community rules, they are updated and will be immediately reflected in this location. For this reason we do not post rules in other spaces, ensuring only the current and most recent rules are located in one spot. I'm not sure why you have an issue with rules only being maintained in one location, but for the ease of staff and to ensure all players in our community, across all servers have easy access to the current rules, just hit ESC and read the server info screen. On modded servers you can use /info to see the same list of rules.

Rules are stated in the absolute simplest of language possible. This is a mature community and we should not need to treat people as anything but that. Our community deserves respect and the ability to join a server with rules designed for adults in an adult community -- not be micro-managed by staff and burdened with more rules.  Simplified rules are designed so one set one rules works across all nine servers and the thousands of players who join us each wipe. The few rules we have are intended for a community that respects adults and the way adults play Rust and enjoy our PvE community.

It really doesn't need to be any more cumbersome or difficult than this.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

I seriously find it difficult to believe that given the length of time you've been in the community that you still need assistance with rules.  

Community and server rules are located on the welcome screen when you log in to each server.  Every player has access to see the rules here the very second they choose to connect to a RustEZ server – you can view them when you log in or via Battle metrics (the /connect page of our website).

If there is any change to our community rules, they are updated and will be immediately reflected in this location. For this reason we do not post rules in other spaces, ensuring only the current and most recent rules are located in one spot. I'm not sure why you have an issue with rules only being maintained in one location, but for the ease of staff and to ensure all players in our community, across all servers have easy access to the current rules, just hit ESC and read the server info screen. On modded servers you can use /info to see the same list of rules.

Rules are stated in the absolute simplest of language possible. This is a mature community and we should not need to treat people as anything but that. Our community deserves respect and the ability to join a server with rules designed for adults in an adult community -- not be micro-managed by staff and burdened with more rules.  Simplified rules are designed so one set one rules works across all nine servers and the thousands of players who join us each wipe. The few rules we have are intended for a community that respects adults and the way adults play Rust and enjoy our PvE community.

It really doesn't need to be any more cumbersome or difficult than this.

It's like you didn't even read the initial post as your first sentence completely goes against my very first sentence. "Let me preface with this is not for me. I know the rules." 

You, the rest of leadership and every admin know that some of the rules desperately need changing and there are some rules that aren't even listed that should be. Also, all the rules are not enforced the same across servers. 

Suggestions are a joke here. Most get immediately shot down or just not responded to at all. 

Side note, I'm aware I'm not liked by many of the staff and players. Never gonna stop being outspoken.

• Like 1