State of the Island Address #3

Death

1 hour ago, NaCl said:

I do road scrap/monuments until I can either afford or craft some large planters, by then someone has made genetics for 3G3Y in the time I was farming scrap and couldn't dedicate the time to do it myself. I then transition into Hemp/Berry Farming and just slowly expand off the profits and never look back. Every wipe I buy around 20 Pump Jacks, 6 Recyclers, and 3-5 Test Gens all for scrap and still swim in the scrap. Pickles can suck a fat one imo. Never gonna bother placing a composter in a building I own ever again. Didn't even bother with them minus like 5 composters last wipe which I quickly removed. I think the changes to the TC of Garrisons are great as Garrisons are there for the crate loot just like everything else that requires explosives to attack. People need to quit looking at things at a profit margin of min/maxing every single thing they do in a video game and just learn to have fun. Imagine how much more fun you'd have doing a Garrison with friends for fun instead of just TPing to your sleeping bag within spitting distance and blowing the back wall out avoiding all the turrets and literally skipping the whole point of the garrison. At this point it's a free 5k HQM and Garrison Lights for people who are more advanced into the tech trees than the starting players.  If you're already at that point of the game why do you need to get 10k scrap for like 1000 scrap worth of C4? Also humors me that the people who keep complaining about the changes to Garrisons and that it giving more people a chance to do one, are all people I've visually seen spawn at a sleeping bag in front of me within spitting distance of a garrison as I'm running to the garrison and they just pop up at their Sleeping Bag c4 in hand beelining ignoring any conversation or attempt for other people there to join them. hoping they can clear it and TC themselves in and TP away with the loot before anybody else gets there and sees their name not even realizing I'm literally right behind them until I say something to them. Hell, I even had someone show up to one as I ran out of C4 and was waiting for someone to trade me the last 2 I needed to finish the wall to the TC and they ran up blew the wall & TC, dropped their TC blocking me out and took all the loot and TP'd without saying a word to me. The issue isn't with the Garrisons, it's with the people who seem to need to camp them like it's a weekly reset for raid gear in an MMO to grind their useless networth higher than someone to say "I'm more rich than you because I grind harder." We've seen it time and time again and pickles are even an example. Something is put in place, people find a way to abuse it, it gets changed and everyone is like OMG HOW WILL I FUNCTION THIS IS SO UNFAIR MY SCRAP IS IN JEOPARDY! Also to stating this is unfair to solo players and gives groups an edge, maybe if the prior time invested was spent trying to do it with the endless number of people who approached asking to join but they instead get ignored because the min-max is more important than the community experience, You'd probably have a group of people to do Garrisons with on the norm, giving you increased chances of finding one and getting one, but alas everyone only cares about how much scrap they make and how much they're worth and don't want to share anything with anybody.

My eyes...

Well I enjoyed the pickle farming.  I guess everyone has their own way of playing and do what appeals to them.  I only had around 10 recyclers at the most.  Did 4 this time but it just didn't produce any profit.  I also buy PJs and give away most of what I make.  I play by myself and I'm still learning to land the heli.  I've given up on ever doing Brad again.  Most of the stuff that produces anything beyond a crate are beyond my capabilities.  I used to spend a lot of time mining and managing the personnel quarries but that stuff is long gone.  So I'm not your typical player.  I'm trying to adjust but it seems like the game is headed in a direction that doesn't cater to my style of play.  I also find that if I do make a comment there's always someone there to tell me I'm wrong.  Ok enough bitching.

• Like 1

• Staff
4 hours ago, igorcraven said:

Well I enjoyed the pickle farming.  I guess everyone has their own way of playing and do what appeals to them.  I only had around 10 recyclers at the most.  Did 4 this time but it just didn't produce any profit.  I also buy PJs and give away most of what I make.  I play by myself and I'm still learning to land the heli.  I've given up on ever doing Brad again.  Most of the stuff that produces anything beyond a crate are beyond my capabilities.  I used to spend a lot of time mining and managing the personnel quarries but that stuff is long gone.  So I'm not your typical player.  I'm trying to adjust but it seems like the game is headed in a direction that doesn't cater to my style of play.  I also find that if I do make a comment there's always someone there to tell me I'm wrong.  Ok enough bitching.

I'm hoping the new black market will enable you to find various ways to produce the resources you need without having to micro too much. I agree that the game is slowly shifting away from solo play. I'll try and accommodate solos as much as possible.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Death said:

I'm hoping the new black market will enable you to find various ways to produce the resources you need without having to micro too much. I agree that the game is slowly shifting away from solo play. I'll try and accommodate solos as much as possible.

Solo for life!

I am always solo.. except for when my old man insists on coming along... he's such a drag... 
Don't tell him I said that. He's the only one who can fly.  

Flying Music Video GIF

Humor aside,  I am very much looking forward to the changes and in seeing how they impact the player base. I  am sure it'll be worth it! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, NaCl said:

I do road scrap/monuments until I can either afford or craft some large planters, by then someone has made genetics for 3G3Y in the time I was farming scrap and couldn't dedicate the time to do it myself. I then transition into Hemp/Berry Farming and just slowly expand off the profits and never look back. Every wipe I buy around 20 Pump Jacks, 6 Recyclers, and 3-5 Test Gens all for scrap and still swim in the scrap. Pickles can suck a fat one imo. Never gonna bother placing a composter in a building I own ever again. Didn't even bother with them minus like 5 composters last wipe which I quickly removed. I think the changes to the TC of Garrisons are great as Garrisons are there for the crate loot just like everything else that requires explosives to attack. People need to quit looking at things at a profit margin of min/maxing every single thing they do in a video game and just learn to have fun. Imagine how much more fun you'd have doing a Garrison with friends for fun instead of just TPing to your sleeping bag within spitting distance and blowing the back wall out avoiding all the turrets and literally skipping the whole point of the garrison. At this point it's a free 5k HQM and Garrison Lights for people who are more advanced into the tech trees than the starting players.  If you're already at that point of the game why do you need to get 10k scrap for like 1000 scrap worth of C4? Also humors me that the people who keep complaining about the changes to Garrisons and that it giving more people a chance to do one, are all people I've visually seen spawn at a sleeping bag in front of me within spitting distance of a garrison as I'm running to the garrison and they just pop up at their Sleeping Bag c4 in hand beelining ignoring any conversation or attempt for other people there to join them. hoping they can clear it and TC themselves in and TP away with the loot before anybody else gets there and sees their name not even realizing I'm literally right behind them until I say something to them. Hell, I even had someone show up to one as I ran out of C4 and was waiting for someone to trade me the last 2 I needed to finish the wall to the TC and they ran up blew the wall & TC, dropped their TC blocking me out and took all the loot and TP'd without saying a word to me. The issue isn't with the Garrisons, it's with the people who seem to need to camp them like it's a weekly reset for raid gear in an MMO to grind their useless networth higher than someone to say "I'm more rich than you because I grind harder." We've seen it time and time again and pickles are even an example. Something is put in place, people find a way to abuse it, it gets changed and everyone is like OMG HOW WILL I FUNCTION THIS IS SO UNFAIR MY SCRAP IS IN JEOPARDY! Also to stating this is unfair to solo players and gives groups an edge, maybe if the prior time invested was spent trying to do it with the endless number of people who approached asking to join but they instead get ignored because the min-max is more important than the community experience, You'd probably have a group of people to do Garrisons with on the norm, giving you increased chances of finding one and getting one, but alas everyone only cares about how much scrap they make and how much they're worth and don't want to share anything with anybody.

lmao so beyond salty

3 minutes ago, rubiks-q-bert said:

You would be to if you couldn't enjoy the game because of campers.

Yea.........notice how when I had a complaint about the Garrisons I was not at all in favor for or suggested to nerf or make the garrison useless in anyway. When you two complain, it just comes off as "Well, I can't do it. So I'm in favor of no one doing it then!". like yikes dudes

1 hour ago, Kasper said:

Yea.........notice how when I had a complaint about the Garrisons I was not at all in favor for or suggested to nerf or make the garrison useless in anyway. When you two complain, it just comes off as "Well, I can't do it. So I'm in favor of no one doing it then!". like yikes dudes

Your complaint is that this will make it harder as a solo? I'm solo. I actually have done quit a few garrisons (more than most I expect) and still have the option to do so but I am still for the changes. Anything to better the servers for the majority.

Edited by rubiks-q-bert

17 hours ago, NaCl said:

I so badly wish that I could have gotten on at start of wipe to see the reaction to the changes lmao. I’m sure there was a lot of salt in chat

5 hours ago, Kasper said:

I mean notice how they change it and you cry that you can't see them anymore to TP to them and how solo players will never get to do them, I have multiple videos of people and talked to a lot of people and funny enough you're the most Recurring of the people who TP to their sleeping bag 5 feet from the garrison and beeline with their C4 ignoring everyone else, run to the back wall and avoid the whole purpose of a garrison for your 10k scrap and you have people who show up and ask to join in and then you just TC yourself in and take all the loot without saying a word or even acknowledging people. Soooooo tell me.. when you were one of the people who hit it more than anybody until these changes, how does making it so people have to search for it for a chance instead of one person Sleeping Bag TPing over and over to them make it unfair? I mean literally every person who shows up sees your name and sighs and talks shit as they walk away because you camp them throughout the wipes and they know to not even bother trying to talk to you about it because you'll just ignore them..... you ever thought about that part? Ever thought people may have noticed until this change you were literally the biggest camper of Garrisons on US Scourge? LOL

Edited by NaCl

4 hours ago, Mister Dobalina said:

I so badly wish that I could have gotten on at start of wipe to see the reaction to the changes lmao. I’m sure there was a lot of salt in chat

the changes changed nothing at all. sorry to take away your schadenfreude.  But Seekrem and his team got all the garrison on day one like usual. then by night time it was ez to find all the garrison spawns and set up tp point to them.

Edited by Kasper

10 minutes ago, Kasper said:

the changes changed nothing at all. sorry to take away your schadenfreude.  But Seekrem and his team got all the garrison on day one like usual. then by night time it was ez to find all the garrison spawns and set up tp point to them.

Seekerm has been playing less and less lately tbh, not his groups fault they know how to advance faster since they are a group who has played for a while. Also, thank you for admitting to still Sleeping Bag Camping Garrisons once again this wipe so I at least know and can let the others who are annoyed with it too to not bother once again this wipe if you're online. Enjoy wasting your time and pointless networth TPing to 10 bags to try to find it first. Didn't you build a Community Centre this wipe to promote Community Interaction? so why do you still camp experiences of monuments and refuse community interaction at those monuments for the other players who show up wanting to join in and that you're claiming you want to help but once it's time to do something that isn't use a piece of hardware that you placed on the ground at a base and requires to split loot you are no longer interested in team play? 👀

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kasper said:

This is laughable and not even worthy of a response. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rubiks-q-bert said:

"Now solo players barely have a shot at garrisons." "then by night time it was ez to find all the garrison spawns and set up tp point to them." 

I just can't.... Fuck it. Nuke garrisons completely Death. 

this. lol

• Death unfeatured, locked and unpinned this topic