Banned US Survival: TheFragile

Does it show you that I put it back down? That the GATE that was picked up was put back down. I picked it up to see if the cupboard was glitched because the base was half controlled by a cupboard owned by Bak3r and apples. When I saw I could pick up the gate, i instantly replaced it, I ventured into the base, saw that everyone was under my privilege. I asked for an admin, no one replied. I tagged the first admin I had seen in chat earlier (Lexi) and she came over to deal with it. A

Never at any point in time did I walk away from that base with material that was not mine. I do not understand what the problem is here. Am I bitter that you placed a cupboard which over took half of my land? of course I am. Was I dealing with it? Yes, I was building my base and minding my own.  So again, explain to me how realizing someones base was not under a TC, alerting an admin, then building my own base warrants me being banned?

• Staff

Hello TheFragile,

Thank you for your appeal.

Firstly I would like to address the fact that you should know the rules of the server, considering you have been here for more than a few wipes and have spoken to more than one admin on the server. (Refer to the screenshot below)

In the rules it states, "No raiding, griefing, or looting of any kind."  Therefore, placing a TC and looting multiple boxes in someone else's base who is unrelated to you is completely against the rules. Also, there was no reason for you whatsoever to pick up the gate in the first place, considering it wasn't yours. 

You were able to go in and loot the boxes because of the fact that you placed a TC right up next to someone else's structure, which again, is against server rules. 

As of right now, the ban will not be lifted.

unknown.png

• Like 2

And yet, nothing was taken from the person, admins were alerted that the base was not under the control of TC, and the base was controlled by other peoples TC prior to me moving in. But again, you can think about it how you will. IF you were to check the logs, you would see that I removed 3 total cupboards where I built the base I was working on. IF you were to look into that, you would see that those cupboards were down around someones quarry/bridge combo. They removed their quarry after being warned of blocking the waterway with a bridge they had made. The tool cupboards that they had around their quarries were still there. I asked if it was OK to build there as I had an idea for a build. So as I began building, knowing it is easier to build something with a single cupboard, I started to remove the cupboards as I expanded the foundations outward. Working my way closer to the furthest cupboard, which was 2-3 foundations away from the base I am accused of "Looting" . Since those cupboards belonged to the people I was playing with who had them down for well prior to this situation, they had no idea as I did not realize it either that they had control of most of that base. I needed to remove the central tool cupboard for the base I was building, I did not fully venture into the HQM base I am accused of "looting". I place a tool cupboard near his foundations, knowing that if he did in fact have a tool cupboard which I assumed he did, I would not lose all of the base I had just built, nor would I lose any of the claim that the initial tool cupboard owners owned. After I did this, I removed the  "Central" tool cupboard that the initial owners had down, and replaced it in a spot that made more sense."The tool cupboard that was in the center of the base we removed after I alerted you of the situation" I replaced it, and went over to remove the one I had put near the back of his base. Now the truth right here is, I added that one next to his foundation to ensure I would not lose any of what I had built, because everything up to this point was built on the original TOOL cupboards that were down. So that brings me to the realization that there was infact not a single tool cupboard in a giant HQM base that was next to where I was building. I decided to ensure there was infact an issue by walking into the base, checking on the the sleeper inside, seeing if I was able to open containers. At that point when I realized how messed up it was, I contacted an admin 2 times in the matter of a minute.  The server rules are pretty basic, DO NOT STEAL from people is easy to understand. So I did not steal anything from this unfortunate person who built a huge base out of HQM and had not placed a tool cupboard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Staff

Hello,

Thank you again, for taking the time to appeal.

In the future I ask that, even if someone doesn't have a TC attached to their base, you do not touch it. Whether you looted the base or not, your name was on all of the boxes inside of the base that you had no connection to. Please do not take it into your own hands to explore a base that belongs to someone else, as it can cause further complication later on. 

Many people who are new to Rust join our servers and use them to learn about the game, not everyone is aware of how things work, so please keep that in mind as you continue to learn and experience new things as well. 

At this time I will be lifting your ban, though your slate is not clean and further violations could/will result in a ban. Please keep in mind the rules that are put in place to protect the players on the servers, and I sincerely apologize for any miscommunication on my part. 

Thank you, Lexi.

Rules

No raiding, griefing, or looting of any kind.

No mic or chat spam, player disrespect, racism, or harassment.

No camping loot rooms, monuments, or any highly concentrated areas.

No building around monuments, or large areas of unused land. 

You may build on rivers as long as you're not blocking passage for other players. 

You may build in caves but you must ensure safe passage for other players.

No controversial or politically-forward verbiage and/or imagery.

Be a decent human being.

• Like 1

For me reading this post shows there should be a questionnaire to test rules comprehension before joining the servers.

It really shows how people think their behavior is normal when it's not. In the chat it clearly shows they were aware there was no TC in the adjacent base and proceeded to place one.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, aNoNiM said:

For me reading this post shows there should be a questionnaire to test rules comprehension before joining the servers.

It really shows how people think their behavior is normal when it's not. In the chat it clearly shows they were aware there was no TC in the adjacent base and proceeded to place one.

so, since you want to make it seem I dont comprehend anything, and you have no idea of the circumstances of this situation, let me fill you in. The base was abandoned clearly by the original owner. They removed their cupboard after someone else placed a Toolcupboard nearby for quarries. Said quarry owners gifted me that claim. I comprehend the fact that I inherited their old quarry claim, I did not understand why I had access to a large HQM base that was unknowingly gifted to the quarry owner.  Nice try though

Didn't you already make attempts to prove your points without the use of paragraphs?

You have no structure whatsoever in your appeals. It doesn't even make sense. And it's very hard to follow. Your story seems to be changing from what the chat logs say. 

1 hour ago, aNoNiM said:

Didn't you already make attempts to prove your points without the use of paragraphs?

You have no structure whatsoever in your appeals. It doesn't even make sense. And it's very hard to follow. Your story seems to be changing from what the chat logs say. 

Just poking needlessly at this point.

• Like 1