banned from rustez au pure pve

I wrote an prohibited word on a note. DID NOT GIVE IT TO ANYONE, NOR SHOW ANY ONE, OR DROP IT ,OR LEAVE IT BEHIND. Yet I was banned instantly for having a note in my inventory. I understand that it was not the right thing to do and will never do it again. But having a note and not giving it to anyone and getting banned for  it is a bit unjust. I just want to play rust with the boys

Hello Derodan,

Thank you for appealing. 

With the current cancel culture in the world, racism in all aspects of society is being closely scrutinized.  While we do understand that it still heavily permeates music, comedy, movies, and other media, it is something we do not feel is appropriate to have in our servers.

The word that you wrote on that note, regardless of your intent, is not welcome in any context. 

Here are resources that you can explore to learn more:

guidetoallyship.com

The Bias Barrier

Anti-Racism Glossary

Anti-Racism Resources

You were detected and banned by the automated server system, as such the ban will not be lifted.

• Like 1

I'd like to advocate for the ban to be lifted

If it counts for anything, Derodan was writing the letter to me. I had just sold he and his team a bunch of low grade and gunpowder and he was writing me a message "You are a legend". It was more a spur of the moment/act of poor impulse control rather than one of intentional offense/racism.

Consider the note wasn't meant for public viewing, but for his own viewing and his private use. I could understand a permaban if the note was made public, but I have no doubt he would have erased anything offensive if he hadn't been instantly kicked.

In reality there were 4 of us together messing around, throwing rocks and having a laugh together. Dan likely got swept up in the moment and failed to act responsibly, but in the end no one was offended and his indiscretion remained private.

In that, a permaban seems needlessly harsh, and I would ask you to consider the facts and not let his ban remain permanently

I am sorry SomeMonkeysKill. The ban is from an automated system installed by Death on all servers. I cannot overturn, or change the ban for 3 reasons:

1) I am not about to create inconsistencies in ban durations, as this will cause a cascade of other players asking "if he can get the ban changed, why can't I?" and that will generate no end of headaches for the rest of the admin team having to deal with it.

2) All admins have been told very specifically from Leadership & Death (server owner) not to change automated server bans in any way.

3) I am not about to go over the head of the server owner. I prefer my head to remain attached to my shoulders.

I personally agree with the zero tolerance stance on racism, so I agree the ban should remain as is.

As for aNoNiM's comment, please refrain from posting pointless replies on threads that do not involve you. Comments as such do nothing but worsen an already delicate situation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1