Efficient Loot/Scrap Runs (Modded Servers)

Aurora

You will need: 

• Hazmat Suit (frees up slots and you don't need to get nekkid for heli)
  • Pure Scrap Tea
  • Salvaged Cleaver (fastest way to break barrels)
  • Food/water, meds, weapon and ammo

Note: Take only what you need to reserve maximum slots for loot.

If you have loot already, start by placing one of each item that you want to acquire more of in your backpack. Leave slots for items you plan to recycle that are commonly looted from junk piles.

If you do not have VIP,  place the most commonly looted items you plan to keep in the backpack slots.

loot-run-001.thumb.jpg.12f1e40891f14c47ae7e7b173b04b3d7.jpg

Locate a good road to run on the map. A good path will have multiple public recyclers and very little snow biome (adjust attire as needed). Even for VIPs, it is faster to use a public recycler -- and use your mobile recycler while the public one is full and running.

loot-run-map-002.jpg.2e57df8cc5518cb7551d9b711f5852d5.jpg

Make your way to the first roadside junk pile in your chosen route. 

• Have a key bind for your backpack (in F1 type: bind <key> backpack).
  • Turn Auto Collect on.
  • Drink your tea.

Loot every box and barrel until your inventory is full. Open your backpack and click Deposit Existing. Any items that remain in your inventory that you want to collect during your loot run, add it to your backpack.

Continue looting everything you come across, using the Deposit Existing option when your inventory is full or while you run to the next loot pile.

When only new items (i.e. items not saved in your backpack) have filled your inventory, stop and recycle.
Note: Don't waste time recycling stacks in your backpack: Recycle the backpack stacks when the tea buff is depleted.

Repeat until the Scrap Tea buff is consumed.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Man... When I first started in November last year... I don't know if you have access to the old maps but there was a route where North and Carpe built that was just a small road loop. Was perfect. Tons of scrap piles and it had a mining outpost along it. Was perfect for a noob like me at the time.

• Like 1