Banned EU Pure: chillman

Offender(s):
Name - Chillman
Steam -  https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198392713748
Battlemetrics - https://www.battlemetrics.com/rcon/players/702926842

Server: EU Pure

Length: 30 days

Reason: After having previous old warnings for being rude and making remarks that aren't allowed has been seen/noted repeating these offences. Understandably player was annoyed after having been accused of stealing items from a person that he in fact did not take anything from. However, the way that said player has dealt with these accusations are not acceptable.

Even though player is a regular and a good person in the community, we do not tolerate this behavior

Screenshot(S):
1938337441_Chillmanrude1.png.0dd4269b946bb96d77bb08ab846de685.png

1113696862_Chillmanrude2.png.776521aecafd44f3d5d815651685a2f7.png

• Like 1

Good afternoon Chillman,

from what I can clearly see in the chat is that she accused you of stealing.
Which of course she shouldn't have and instead dealth with it in a different manner.

Play was warned for that too, do not worry.

Now to come back to you. You've called them a twat, an idiot and for all I know many more things I was not able to hear.
We've played on this server long enough to know you do insult quite a lot, and sometimes even on instances it should not be needed.

The way you handled it was not acceptable as I've already stated and shouldn't not be taking place.
Instead you should've not insulted the player and come back to an admin. This way it would've prevented you from getting this 30 day ban.

6 minutes ago, chillman said:

pulling it from 2019 how low can you sink why havent you asked ma what REALLY happened

Cleary, quite low.
The fact that after 3 years you still provide such behavior to other players on the server doesn't mean you've changed or have become better in your attitude.
I am a fair person and I will always stay fair. But that sadly means to all parties and not just one.

There is a limit, and you've stepped over it.

Hope you've changed your attitude in 30 days. Untill then good luck 🙂

Kind reggie's

Michael ~ Admin EU Pure

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Michael, cut the guy some slack. Make it a 24-48h ban or something, 30 days seems abit harsh, especially for one not so super-bad offense. Sure, i get it, keep the servers nice and clean, but c'mon man, he was being accused of stealing (very wrongfully so) while trying to be nice and help out. We all have bad days. Just my two cents worth.

• Like 1

Hi, I don't comment much here and haven't really played for a while. But I have had many positive experiences with Chillman. We have been neighbours many times, and have always got along. I disagree with the ban length, he may have a short temper/foul mouth, but he has always helped the community. This ban feels way too harsh. I feel there needs to be more admin consistensy. The ban logs are a joke, one is pardoned for racial slurs, yet the other is not and gets unbanned. The franchise needs to regulate appeals.

• Like 2

Normally when appealing a ban, it includes an apology and a promise to change your attitude.

When someone insults you it's not the time to go blow a fuse and rant in chat, should make a complaint about it in the appropriate channels. Not be super toxic in chat, it seemed quite repetitive too. I didn't know warnings for bad behaviors had an expiry 

Doesn't seem to take responsibility for their actions here.  

Not sure why people have to become character witnesses and express how they were treated well by the player/their friend. It's as if treating selective players well makes you immune from bans? Or "a lot of money" invested?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, aNoNiM said:

Normally when appealing a ban, it includes an apology and a promise to change your attitude.

When someone insults you it's not the time to go blow a fuse and rant in chat, should make a complaint about it in the appropriate channels. Not be super toxic in chat, it seemed quite repetitive too. I didn't know warnings for bad behaviors had an expiry 

Doesn't seem to take responsibility for their actions here.  

Not sure why people have to become character witnesses and express how they were treated well by the player/their friend. It's as if treating selective players well makes you immune from bans? Or "a lot of money" invested?

"The ban logs are a joke, one is pardoned for racial slurs, yet the other is not and gets unbanned. The franchise needs to regulate appeals." They aren't exactly wrong though...

• Like 2

what is an admins job it is to mediate get both sides of the story and come to a conclusion this admin did not mediate heard one side of story and banned me as for dragging 2019 warnings and chat ban l was penalised and therefore l should not be slapped inthe face with it in 2021 the ban is for calling a person an IDIOT when they called me a thief is this person who called me a thief banned i think not and still noone as ask my side of the story very poor admin work .

Afternoon all,

Thank you everyone for your inputs, they have been noted. 

Chillman, as a long term member of the community I am sad to see a temporary ban for you, but as mentioned previously there is no special compensation given for time played, purchases made, even us admins are subject to the same conditions of play.

Michael has given reasoning and evidence for the decision and as no oppology or acknowledgement has been given, I am going to now lock this thread.

If you have concerns over the treatment given by an admin you can reach out directly to me via discord or the forum, or leadership (aurora, granny) - death is not available at this time, FYI.

Cheers,

Method.

• Love 1
  • Method locked this topic