Rules for Cars: Could you kindly clarify

Spartacus

A few weeks ago a discussion came up in the US Pure server regarding cars, the number that players, solo or team are able to own and the rules around them...

First, the PSA provided by admins seems to be unclear:

'You're allowed 10 max. You are also allowed 10 but they have to be sold automatically.'

When I asked for where I can see the exact rule (actually written down on the server pages so that it's spelled out) outlining the PSA - I was told by Northstarz to refer to the PSA.  I'm a logical kinda of guy and that seemed a bit circular in reasoning. 

Point 1: We are allowed 10 cars.

Point 2: You are only allowed 10 cars if selling automatically.

Next... 

We were informed via chat from Northstarz that Teams are allowed 3-4 cars only. When asked to clarify where this rule was...

We were encouraged to refer to the PSA...

I suppose the same PSA that said nothing about teams only allowed to have 3-4 cars?

My head was spinning after that response...

Could anyone please point me to the written down rule that states what the actual rule is for solo and team players regarding the above?

Thanks so much!

Spartacus 

• Like 1

There is no written rule regarding cars. The general rule of thumb provided by staff is that you should have no more then one car per person, unless you are a dealer. In which case, you can have up to 10, but players need to be able to buy them 24/7. This is something that needs to be outlined and written out though in my opinion. If you see the 'Suggestions' board, you'll see that an expanded, written out set of rules has been asked for for a few months now, including rules surrounding cars.

• Like 4

It happens. Things come up outside of /rules that admins moderate as needed while we internally review.  What Northstarz communicated was a guideline that admins will make players on their server aware of when needed. It's not something we have to enforce across all servers,  as most don't hit the max use of vehicle world spawns. 

If vehicle spawns are an issue, staff will PSA and ask players on that specific server to limit the cars sitting in bases and shops, and make sure shops are automated so others have a chance to participate in this aspect of gameplay. 

Realistically, if you are a solo player, you can't drive more than one vehicle at a time, so why not be kind and offer/trade/sell any extras (if you have them) to a player who can't find one spawning?  Likewise, a large team usually travels in groups, so even though it could be 8 players, asking teams to keep it to 3-4 vehicles is a reasonable guideline.

We are aware this is an issue at times on our high-pop US servers. Ideally, it's best handled on the backend – and hopefully Death will have some dev time to spend on this in the near future.  Until then, the number of people who do keep an unreasonable amount of vehicles is minimal (as is the number of servers it happens on) so it's pretty easy for admins on that server to communicate some guidelines to players until it's sorted.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

On 9/21/2021 at 9:43 AM, Mister Dobalina said:

There is no written rule regarding cars. The general rule of thumb provided by staff is that you should have no more then one car per person, unless you are a dealer. In which case, you can have up to 10, but players need to be able to buy them 24/7. This is something that needs to be outlined and written out though in my opinion. If you see the 'Suggestions' board, you'll see that an expanded, written out set of rules has been asked for for a few months now, including rules surrounding cars.

Preach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/21/2021 at 10:51 PM, Aurora said:

Likewise, a large team usually travels in groups, so even though it could be 8 players, asking teams to keep it to 3-4 vehicles is a reasonable guideline.

I think this is a faulty assumption that all "teams" like to play a certain way and result in confusion around gameplay. 

Realistically, if you are a solo player, you can't drive more than one vehicle at a time, so why not be kind and offer/trade/sell any extras (if you have them) to a player who can't find one spawning? 

Again the assumption here is that players who enjoy having more than 1 type of vehicle are somehow not being kind - It's gameplay style here, not a matter of being a nice guy or not. Some players enjoy having multiple cars for different functions.

I.e. Getting from one part of the map to the other - best done in a 2 or 3 mod.  

Scrapping along the road - best done with a 3 or 4 mod with flatbeds with stoage.

The issue I see, is that specific Admins had it in mind to define how players should play the game and this 'all of sudden rule' got dropped on us, without any previous understanding.

We are aware this is an issue at times on our high-pop US servers. Ideally, it's best handled on the backend – and hopefully Death will have some dev time to spend on this in the near future.  Until then, the number of people who do keep an unreasonable amount of vehicles is minimal (as is the number of servers it happens on) so it's pretty easy for admins on that server to communicate some guidelines to players until it's sorted.

And I do appreciate that this might be reviewed internally - I do hope that players are brought into this conversation so that additional perspectives are considered. 

Edited by Spartacus