notice loss of players

silver196543

Hello, i started back in June of this year, 2021, and have from the first moment i played on this server enjoyed every minute of it. But this month, September, i have noticed that there have been a loss of regular players that i have come to enjoy seeing here on regular basis. I know there have been game issues as well as server issues that have been delt with as fast and promply as possible, and for the most part i have accepted lost articles or materials that i have lost due to server issues. but this month it seems that there has been a steady loss  of regular players. this month also i have lost materials from lgf to crude oil as well as scrap, have in the past accepted that these losses were from server issues and or crashes from game, and i also understand that most issues were beyond controll of all those involved, but this month seems a little out of tune due to the fact  that there has been a steady loss of players early in the game. I hope in the future that some sort of system be in place to compensate players that have lost materials due to server issues or rollbacks as most players call it.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I took a break back in February due to servers related issues, ex. Crashes and rollbacks. This was my first wipe back since than, I had hoped in all this time some things would have improved. As a regular player (I see you on quite often), I'm sure you can understand the frustration with crashes, rollbacks, and the quarry issues. Personally I was never one to build huge grand bases, but for the players that did, and relied heavily on the quarries to supplement upkeep, it's not really a mystery to me that player retention dropped pretty quick.

The player driven economy is largely maintained by the quarries, mostly the hqm quarry. Although, it appears anyway, it's on of the most taxing assets on the server. For a long time, almost a year, almost nothing has been added or changed for the server due to the issues with the quarries. Except of course, the new UI. After you've experience one full wipe cycle (3 months because of the skill levels), you've done all there is to do. In this time players tend to find the niche they belong in. Whether it be; credit grinders, farmers, rpers/erpers, try hards, casuals, psychopaths, and a few more. But in any of these aspects, after a while it tends to stray away from being fun and just feeling like a job. Of course I don't ignore the awesome admin teams from trying to spice things up with tournaments and community events, but most of these are held all wipe or at the end of the wipe, and a huge portion of players are gone within the first two weeks because that's generally when the server performance is the worse.

From what I've seen from a lot of the regulars, it seems they just need a break. There is obviously a whole plethora of reasons for player retention. But at the end of the day, this is a game and it's meant to be fun. 

• Like 2

I went to another server because lack of a challenge on Scourge. You can only do the same things so many times before it's just boring. I now play where they have 6 heli difficulties (the last 2 are bonkers), custom npcs, and custom raid bases. And you can build your own raid bases to add into the rotations if they meet the requirements. Not very populated, but it's fun.

• 3 weeks later...

I think player population suffers from the lack of challenge for any group larger than a trio. Pve is simply designed for the little guys or solos at that. Most groups of players will get bored within a couple weeks having everything and simply want action. If we added a couple pvp events or more PVE events people would play here more. 

Edited by ThatNative63
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

The FPS issue is a big one. I know I am on a potato PC, but getting half the frames on Scourge versus regular servers is a bit of a pain. Some assistance from Facepunch to help optimize custom servers would be nice, but I am doubtful they will help with that as it is not their core audience. Thankfully my frames go up quite a bit when I am in monuments and doesn't have much of an impact when I need to fight Bots. I do feel that any groups that are used to PVP versus roleplay would be bored quickly on ANY PVE server. Server pop seems to be fairly stable for the past few weeks since I have joined and I would think the timing of the fall off is simply the younger generation going back to school around start of September. 

One of the problems with the larger builds, is there is no decay on the server. Even build servers limit the size of bases that can be built. So the people who want to "test builds" go on PvE servers that have no decay. I play on a 3X server that has huge twig castles. And that is what they said about the huge structure they build, the build servers have entitiy limits as to prevent lag.

So you see all these abandonned bases that the players only login for a day or 2. But the rest of the players get to feel the lag.

• Like 2

On the note of the lag issues, how about issue instead of having tons of windmills' make stages of test gen's that can be crafted, of course the best one being bought still, but in the theory of windmills being a big issue, that could help, or even boost the solar panels to work more, something is better than those damn things. Also limit the height of a lot of the bases or entities that can be spawned in 1 area at a time, i dunno just thoughts. 

But Silver is right, we have lost so many good people that it's becoming a bummer, we are also gaining a toxic gathering blowing through here at times all of a sudden now too.

• Like 2