Define Wipe

Mister Dobalina

4 hours ago, Postanou said:

First Thursday of every month only works for US servers. For AU it is the Friday morning after the first Thursday of the month. So to implement this Death would have to create multiple defines if that is possible.

It is possible but unnecessary. Could be worded to reflect multiple timezones. 

17 hours ago, Mister Dobalina said:

Seems like almost every day we have multiple people asking when wipe is. Maybe we could get a "define wipe" chat command that spits out some message like "All RustEZ servers wipe with Facepunch force wipe on the first Thursday of every month" or something like that?

"Define wipe" ran on all the servers for years – it was removed earlier this year because people were using it to spam chat. Wipe is not the same date & time for all the regions we have servers, so the define was a bit lengthier than most and perfect for trolls to spam global chat (we can't have nice things).  

Will see if @Death can do a replacement of sorts for this though. Thanks for the feedback!

11 hours ago, Aurora said:

"Define wipe" ran on all the servers for years – it was removed earlier this year because people were using it to spam chat. Wipe is not the same date & time for all the regions we have servers, so the define was a bit lengthier than most and perfect for trolls to spam global chat (we can't have nice things).  

Will see if @Death can do a replacement of sorts for this though. Thanks for the feedback!

Ah yeah... forgot about that. I know it's possible to make it pop up just for the player who puts it in. So player asks about what, another player tells him the command.

• Like 1

• Staff

Just use UTC times, and most people can work it out easily from that.   (yeah, I know, define most... 😄)

Maybe a /wipe command, something like the /vip command, so you only get 1 answer per day and can't spam chat? (Too hard basket is over that way >>> )

Edited by GenProx
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wipe is the first Thursday of the Month.  Not sure why it's so difficult that people need this. Buy a calendar now that they are 50%-75% off and circle the first Thursday of every month and add "Wipe".

Edited by aNoNiM

1 hour ago, aNoNiM said:

Wipe is the first Thursday of the Month.  Not sure why it's so difficult that people need this. Buy a calendar now that they are 50%-75% off and circle the first Thursday of every month and add "Wipe".

Mostly comes from new players who aren't familiar with the schedule yet. 

5 hours ago, aNoNiM said:

As previously mentioned, servers do not wipe on the first Thursday of the month for AU. Because of timezones AU servers wipe Friday morning after the first Thursday of the month.

But yeah, it's still not hard to remember when wipe is. Set a calender reminder in your smartphone people.

I hate this time of each month, because I am so tired of answering that question over and over. That, and "is it a bp wipe also?"

I will say that when we did have a CC on the map, I had a big ass sign up, with big ass writing, stating when the next wipe was (I have seen AU Scourge take this one step further and set up a security camera pointing at the sign). But I still get asked this question a hundred times a day.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Postanou said:

As previously mentioned, servers do not wipe on the first Thursday of the month for AU. Because of timezones AU servers wipe Friday morning after the first Thursday of the month.

But yeah, it's still not hard to remember when wipe is. Set a calender reminder in your smartphone people.

I hate this time of each month, because I am so tired of answering that question over and over. That, and "is it a bp wipe also?"

I will say that when we did have a CC on the map, I had a big ass sign up, with big ass writing, stating when the next wipe was (I have seen AU Scourge take this one step further and set up a security camera pointing at the sign). But I still get asked this question a hundred times a day.

Same thing I already said. It's mostly new people that dont know the schedule. It does get old but never gonna end. Lot of new players every month. 

A quick note – on or around the 15th of each month an event will be created in the RustEZ Discord for the next monthly wipe. The event will automatically display the wipe date and time in your local time zone.  In time, as we keep using this, players will know to check the Discord for wipe details. Hope that helps!

• Like 2

It is doable as when an individual player types the command to find out when wipe is  you can write the code so that it can get the players date and time from the server based on their location and print it back to them in chat when the server will wipe for them. so it wont matter where they from