Build Contest Feedback

Aurora

How should I choose winners?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How should I choose winners?

• Community - Winners selected from all entries, regardless of server/region
    • Region - Winners are selected by region: 1. AU-Pure, Scourge, Survival 2. EU-Pure, Scourge, Survival 3. US-Pure, Scourge, Survival
    • Server - Winners are selected by server 1. Pure (AU, EU, US) 2. Scourge (AU, EU, US) 3. Survival (AU, EU, US)
  2. 2. What about build requirements?

• Nah, it's more fun when to just build what I want.
    • I like some requirements to make it a challenge. Examples: a maximum foundation size, biome, or specific type of build (i.e. base, tower, shop...)
  3. 3. Who should choose the winners?

• I prefer staff-only votes to select the top 3 winners
    • I prefer the EZ community (staff and players) vote for the top 3 winners
    • I don't have a preference

This poll is closed to new votes

• Staff
Aurora
This post was recognized by Aurora!

"Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback!"

GenProx was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 5 points.

Hi Aurora.  I prefer winners to be done by server as, in my opinion,  it gives the smaller pop servers a chance to win something.  Doing it by 'Community' pretty much gives the low pop servers/regions little to no chance.  

I like the builds to have sort of theme, whether it's a seasonal them (e.g. Halloween)  or a type of construction (e.g. specific materials, or building styles) as I think that makes it easier for the judges to compare the entries. 

I really like the GLHF prize as everyone gets a chance that way 😄

And, as always, thank you for the fun competitions!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 11/21/2021 at 6:56 AM, GenProx said:

Hi Aurora.  I prefer winners to be done by server as, in my opinion,  it gives the smaller pop servers a chance to win something.  Doing it by 'Community' pretty much gives the low pop servers/regions little to no chance.  

I like the builds to have sort of theme, whether it's a seasonal them (e.g. Halloween)  or a type of construction (e.g. specific materials, or building styles) as I think that makes it easier for the judges to compare the entries. 

I really like the GLHF prize as everyone gets a chance that way 😄

And, as always, thank you for the fun competitions!

I agree. I've only played on the US servers, but I noticed that economy does sometimes vary from server to server, so that could limit some people in their builds where others would have no issues. I like the build contests and even though I've never actually created anything worth entering, I found that it was just as fun building what I could with the prompt, because sometimes I want to build but don't know what or where or why. And it's awesome to see how many crazy creative minds we have on the RustEZ servers from the ones that DO enter. 🙂

• Like 3

Might be a good idea to make the vote for contests 50/50, as in the community vote counts for 50% and the staff vote counts for 50%.

You guys (the staff) vote with the criteria for the contest in mind (well, I sure hope so 😉 ). Whereas many in the community just vote for what they like, regardless of the guidelines set in place for the contest. Plus you've seen quite a few builds in your time and you can easily visit all the entries and take some time to "evaluate" them.

Plus with a 50/50 or point system (ie.: staff vote worth 5pts, community vote 1pt), if a player, let's call him "=ButtMun¢h69=", didn't exactly abide by the rules but got all his mates to vote for him, then at least the staff vote has the potential to correct the situation.

I personally voted for the "staff-only" option, but assigning a higher value to staff votes would be a good compromise imo.

Edited by Lord McGuffin
  • Like 1