December Updates: EZ Repo, TC Buff, Rustmas, and More!

Aurora

RUSTMAS WIPE is here!

That's right; the one wipe of the whole year where those annoying stocking you unwrap in large presents will not be completely useless. Remember to hang them on the wall and not a fireplace so Red Scientist can fill them when the Rustmas event rolls out later this wipe.

Speaking of Red Scientist and gifts, we have a few changes rolling out this wipe...

Smaller Map Size

You may have noticed that map size is slightly decreased this wipe. We've decided to run 4k maps this month instead of the usual 4.5k. This is a 12.5% decrease in map size that we hope to greatly improve client and server performance. To offset this, the chosen maps have the maximum buildable area possible for its size. 

What does this mean for players? As always, be kind and courteous to others and don't build what you don't plan to use, especially on our high pop servers.

Tool Cupboard Radius Buff

The default radius of the tool cupboard is now doubled, providing  an instant "friendly neighbor buffer" to help players spread out. This change eliminates the need for players to place additional TC shacks around bases as a buffer. 

Changes to Inactive Purge

Inactive purge is an important part of our backend process to clean up clutter mid-wipe. We know that that losing everything you've earned if you are unable to log in once every 7 days is frustrating, so we've completely overhauled the system.

Starting later this wipe, inactive purge will take place in stages. For example, your electricity and circuits will be disabled and we will repo your vehicles and so on until he purge system completes the cycle, after 10 days of inactivity.

• 4 Days:  Pumpjack, quarries and furnaces are deactivated
  • 5 Days: Electricity and all circuits disabled + water pumps and plumbing
  • 6 Days: All entities outside of your cupboard range is removed (excluding those inside an authorized cupboard range)
  • 7 Days: All vehicles are removed, regardless if on lift or not
  • 10 Days: All entities are removed besides the ones inside the radius of an active TC

As always, we'll monitor these changes to see how they impact players experience and gameplay and adjust as needed!

New Black Market (Modded Servers)

An update for the Black Market  (Survival and Scourge servers) is in the works.  Stay tuned for an update on this coming soon!

Have feedback on the updates? Let us know in the forums :
https://rustez.com/forums/forum/13-feedback/ 

December Monument Picks

Here are our December custom monument picks that'll be live on all of our maps following the big update!

RustEZ Community Update

RustEZ Awesome Player Award
The response to the call for RustEZ Awesome Player nominations is amazing!  If you know a player in our community that deserves recognition, be sure to submit a nomination by December 15th.

EZ Cozy Cottage Rustmas Build Contest
Finally, Rustmas wipe is here and with it comes our favorite build contest of the year! Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on our community build contests.  Build requirements and contest details are posted here:

• Love 2

• Death changed the title to December Updates: EZ Repo, TC Buff, Rustmas, and More!
  • Aurora pinned this topic
On 12/1/2021 at 7:24 PM, Aurora said:

RUSTMAS WIPE is here!

That's right; the one wipe of the whole year where those annoying stocking you unwrap in large presents will not be completely useless. Remember to hang them on the wall and not a fireplace so Red Scientist can fill them when the Rustmas event rolls out later this wipe.

For anyone who may not know, they have a certain amount of times they can be filled before the disappear. You can circumvent that by smacking them with a salvaged hammer and then re-placing them. Just be careful to not smack the wall they are on.

• Like 1

Hello i dont know if this is the right place to post this but i have extreme concerns with the 2x tc radius and here's what i think is wrong with it and what can be fixed with it.

Whats wrong with it.
1. Very buggy. The game only registers the building range of base game rust so 1x. This being said if you place deployable outside of the 1x tc range that vanilla rust implies the deployable' s will decay. 
2. Tc range is a bit extreme. I get that its supposed to space out the bases a bit more but when 1 person can claim a whole river by building in the middle of it its a bit ridiculous. With this tc range if your neighbors expand their base the tc range gets bigger that's a vanilla rust mechanic this is a good thing and a bad thing. Good because it makes it so you can expand however much you want to bad because if your neighbor expands their tc bubble overlaps with yours making your base building blocked by your neighbors so you no longer can expand.
3. The amount of people that this has effected because they accidentally destroy a wall in there base and they cant replace it because of overlapping building priv or Sofa_Texas Wanted to downsize his base so he wasn't as invasive to his neighbors got evicted from a PRIME river base spot because after he had removed his tc he couldn't place one down again because of the 2 neighbors next to him.

What can be fixed to make this "buff" acceptable.

1. Obviously fix the bug with the 2x tc range and the base game 1x tc range not corresponding with each other so when your trying to build in a building blocked area the plan is red instead of it being blue even if your building blocked and then fix the decay of deplorables outside of vanilla range.
2 I think that 2x tc range is extremally obnoxious and unnecessary. I think MABEY a 1.5x tc range might be acceptable but any larger than that makes it so you can take a WHOLE river by building in the middle of it. 

I really hope this does not get overlooked as i have been playing on us scourge for almost a year now and i have never had to come give feedback on the forums even back when the server was extremally inefficient and you couldn't fly mini's without intense lag. I dont like to complain but i think this is a very bad choice with the tc buff and i think i speak for everyone when i say that as it is right now we should just go back to normal tc range. Thanks for your time

• Like 1

• Staff

@Ariser

1) This system isn't really intended to allow you to build out more, rather add a buffer between you and other players. The cupboard should still tell you whether or not you're in the build zone, rather than the extra buffer.

2) We'll continue to work on this to eliminate these issues. The cupboard overlapping issue is top priority.

3) See 2.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply i hope that you dont overlook the fact that the building zone is far to big right now. I know im not the only one that thinks so as everyone i have asked on us Scurage has hated this new tc buff. That being said I admire your drive for growth with your servers and that your always trying to grow and make it better. You have made a EXCELENT Set of Servers it is the ONLY server i play on rust anymore. Thanks death 

ps. you have a cute butt and are a amazing person ❤️

• Like 2

• Death locked and unpinned this topic