its been fun I guess

drew

Thought about this after a nights rest and I still feel the same as I did yesterday - after a knee-jerk destruction of my own base. It's time I find a new home; and I don't mean coordinates on the map.

I've been in the RustEZ community for 3+ years. Donated every wipe that I played, subscribed when I could afford it. The servers are well maintained (absolute delight to play on) and the experience for newcomers is typically amazing thanks to the friendliness of the player base. But all that aside - I've seen it all. Bit my tongue enough times to call it chewing gum. Underneath all of the 'good' is a ton of favoritism (for really old players), double standards and a growing ego that makes staying here increasingly unpleasant.

And for the record I'm not the only one saying/thinking this - just someone willing to stand up and say it. Shame really. You all can do better. I hope you do better.

Wish you all the best, Happy Holidays

teuiCG2SeQ.gif

Hi drew,

I'm sorry that you felt it was needed to post this. I'm sorry for your fellow gamers who share your sentiments.

I admin on the AU Pure server. Even in that back corner of the EZ community, under 3 logs and 2 rocks, I have heard similar grumblings. There have been forum posts alluding to it as well. I have had for the past few wipes, several US based players play on AU because it's quieter (possibly other reasons as well, I don't know).

I'm not about to go on a crusade to bash anyone. I would, however, like you to consider, before you leave the EZ community all together, trying out AU Scourge for a wipe or two, and see how it goes for you. It may not be the best ping for you, but you might find it more suitable.

The AU team (Pure, Scourge & Survival) work together, share information, and have similar attitudes. I think you might enjoy the aussie humour for a change 🙂

I have been an admin for nearly 2.5 years, head of AU Pure for 2 years. I have trained quite a few admins over my time, including a couple of admins on AU Survival, which have in turn trained some admins on AU Scourge. The point is the AU admin team are laid back and easy to get along with, with similar temperments. However, we enforce the exact same EZ rules that you are used to, and we do not tolerate any BS, or favouritism. Doesn't matter who they are, how long they have been part of the community, or how much money they throw around; break the rules and there are consequences.

TLDR: Before you leave the community, come try out the AU servers!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Postanou said:

Hi drew,

I'm sorry that you felt it was needed to post this. I'm sorry for your fellow gamers who share your sentiments.

I admin on the AU Pure server. Even in that back corner of the EZ community, under 3 logs and 2 rocks, I have heard similar grumblings. There have been forum posts alluding to it as well. I have had for the past few wipes, several US based players play on AU because it's quieter (possibly other reasons as well, I don't know).

I'm not about to go on a crusade to bash anyone. I would, however, like you to consider, before you leave the EZ community all together, trying out AU Scourge for a wipe or two, and see how it goes for you. It may not be the best ping for you, but you might find it more suitable.

The AU team (Pure, Scourge & Survival) work together, share information, and have similar attitudes. I think you might enjoy the aussie humour for a change 🙂

I have been an admin for nearly 2.5 years, head of AU Pure for 2 years. I have trained quite a few admins over my time, including a couple of admins on AU Survival, which have in turn trained some admins on AU Scourge. The point is the AU admin team are laid back and easy to get along with, with similar temperments. However, we enforce the exact same EZ rules that you are used to, and we do not tolerate any BS, or favouritism. Doesn't matter who they are, how long they have been part of the community, or how much money they throw around; break the rules and there are consequences.

TLDR: Before you leave the community, come try out the AU servers!

Adding to that, try the EU one as well if your PC can handle it. I'm US based and switched to EU over similar issues.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 11:08 AM, drew said:

Thought about this after a nights rest and I still feel the same as I did yesterday - after a knee-jerk destruction of my own base. It's time I find a new home; and I don't mean coordinates on the map.

I've been in the RustEZ community for 3+ years. Donated every wipe that I played, subscribed when I could afford it. The servers are well maintained (absolute delight to play on) and the experience for newcomers is typically amazing thanks to the friendliness of the player base. But all that aside - I've seen it all. Bit my tongue enough times to call it chewing gum. Underneath all of the 'good' is a ton of favoritism (for really old players), double standards and a growing ego that makes staying here increasingly unpleasant.

And for the record I'm not the only one saying/thinking this - just someone willing to stand up and say it. Shame really. You all can do better. I hope you do better.

Wish you all the best, Happy Holidays

drew, I would absolutely hate to see you bail and I would encourage you to send me a private message here or in Discord (Aurora#4203) or message anyone on the Leadership team. This is not what anyone playing on EZ servers should be experiencing and it's one of the reasons why we have a team on staff to review issues and situations that fall outside of the usual day-to-day server rule issues.