Brad/Heli Loot Lock

rubiks-q-bert

Ongoing problem I see is random players looting brad/heli crates that they either did no damage on or super minimal damage. I don't know if there is something on codefling similar to Loot Defender but it's a Nivex plugin and he has some really good stuff.  

https://umod.org/plugins/loot-defender

I'm sure @Death knows what it is but it basically puts a lock on the crates to the person/team who did X percentage of the damage. Preventing people who did no/little damage from stealing loot. Downside being if someone did a decent amount of damage but still less than the percentage, they'd be locked from loot and would have to sort it out with the player who did more. But have to do that now without a plugin if that happens anyway.

Also locks the carcass from being mined by random players as well but can be set to a timer to unlock after a given time.

Simple solution for a long ongoing problem. 

Edited by rubiks-q-bert
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

• Staff

And people who have hard time taking Brad would be locked out of crates as you said. It used to take  me 15 min min, 10 deaths and 17 rockets. Someone like you, for example, could have easily came and "claimed" crates with your Brad skills if that mod was implemented.

Edited by Marija
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Marija said:

And people who have hard time taking Brad would be locked out of crates as you said. It used to take  me 15 min min, 10 deaths and 17 rockets. Someone like you, for example, could have easily came and "claimed" crates with your Brad skills if that mod was implemented.

Not sure I follow. Sent you a PM on discord rather than clutter up this post.

Edited by rubiks-q-bert

Based on the convo Marija and I are having, I do see the downside but I don't think it's a determining factor. Essentially, that if a crate is locked to me but she did 2 rockets to my 5, then what's stopping me from taking all the loot? Same thing that would stop me now without the plugin.  Common decency and admins. If 2 people do brad, the rules would still obligate sharing. Get an admin involved if there is a problem. Only difference being is she couldn't look to see what's in the boxes. Which is unfortunate, but I feel the pros greatly outweigh the cons. This plugin is purely to stop blatant thievery. Which is and has been an issue for as long as PvE servers have existed.

Edited by rubiks-q-bert
  • Like 2

Second this, and I would add CH47 crates to this list if possible. This wipe (EU Survival) I've had one CH47 crate stolen literally from right underneath my feet, two attempts to steal Bradley loot (one apparently partially successful), and two attempts to mine the dead tank without asking, not to mention hearing other similar reports in chat; the proposed change would have mitigated all of those.

• Like 1

third this one, it's sad but true in this community we still have a few unsavory folks that like to steal.. it is rust and i know we are bound to get some from the toxic  side.. but he is right this would help with that. and if  you were to simply add someone to your team  they would be able to loot the  stuff you wished to share including the carcass. seems like a no brainer to me..

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sirlagsalot said:

Second this, and I would add CH47 crates to this list if possible. This wipe (EU Survival) I've had one CH47 crate stolen literally from right underneath my feet, two attempts to steal Bradley loot (one apparently partially successful), and two attempts to mine the dead tank without asking, not to mention hearing other similar reports in chat; the proposed change would have mitigated all of those.

There is a different plugin for hacked crates. It requires you to have a laptop to hack it. It consumes the laptop but it locks the crate to whoever hacked it. Could be possible to take the laptop out of the equation. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 12:04 PM, sirlagsalot said:

Some admins asked me to post a decent message here on the forum. Especially this wipe, i downed a lot of attackchoppers, lvl 1 2 or 3 it doesnt matter. I've build a 9 story high tower near WTP. It is correct inline with 2 fishing villages and the 2 harbours. Everyone knows the heli flies to these monuments across the map. In closly all the cases when i downed the heli someone showed up and looted some or all boxes because they shot it 1 or 2 time. Mostly the same persons showed up, it are fresh new people who didn't read any rule. For now i stopped downing heli's because its to sad that when i walked down out of my tower half the boxes are looted by a grub. Hopefully next wipe this plugin will be online. because this isnt fair at all at the moment.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Speciekuip said:

For now i stopped downing heli's because its to sad that when i walked down out of my tower half the boxes are looted by a grub.

That is the job of your server admins: to enforce the server rules. This includes diciplining players taking loot they did not earn.

5 minutes ago, Postanou said:

That is the job of your server admins: to enforce the server rules. This includes diciplining players taking loot they did not earn.

What about when admins aren't on and can't get on? Thief tucks away the loot/recycles it. Oh well, sucks to suck? This particular plugin would make admins life easier.

1 hour ago, rubiks-q-bert said:

What about when admins aren't on and can't get on? Thief tucks away the loot/recycles it. Oh well, sucks to suck? This particular plugin would make admins life easier.

It happens me so many times just when admin's weren't online. Im just a bit sick of it when you see them walk away with they're new toy on the back.. The EU Survival server got visited by a lot more new people, i have build close to spawn beaches but this cant be the problem to throw everything away. I will build another tower this weekend far away from spawn beaches to see what will happen next. But i can tell you already it will be looted again by grub players who shot 1 time..

Same happens on bradley, if i shot it once with a pistol bullet, i can take all the loot. Sometimes you can talk to grub by using your microphone and they will leave you but mostly... It should be clear if you did 0.1% damage you'll not be able to loot anything. After all, the plugin you showed here would be a big thumbs up for me!

Edited by Speciekuip
  • Like 1

I'm am sorry guys that you have to deal with this; you really shouldn't be.

Without bashing on any admins, I still stand by the fact that this behaviour should be handled by your server admins. If it happens on the server I admin on, it will be dealt with, even if no admins were online at the time. The stole items should be returned as best as possible, and the offender diciplined accordingly. 3 strikes and then they're out.

This behaviour certainly breaks the first server rule:
"No raiding, griefing, or looting of any kind."

It also should fall under the last rule:
"Be a decent human being."

But we all know not all players adhere to that last one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Postanou said:

I'm am sorry guys that you have to deal with this; you really shouldn't be.

Without bashing on any admins, I still stand by the fact that this behaviour should be handled by your server admins. If it happens on the server I admin on, it will be dealt with, even if no admins were online at the time. The stole items should be returned as best as possible, and the offender diciplined accordingly. 3 strikes and then they're out.

This behaviour certainly breaks the first server rule:
"No raiding, griefing, or looting of any kind."

It also should fall under the last rule:
"Be a decent human being."

But we all know not all players adhere to that last one.

While that's all well and good and I agree with all of that, there is no way to tell what a person stole. You can speculate, but can't prove anything. Fully aware of what admin tools there are and how far they reach.  Even if the person who got ripped off got a look in every box, that's still hearsay. Not a dig on you or any admin in this case but I personally now how it all works. A plugin is the only surefire way to prevent thieves.

• Like 1

As Speciekuip said: "Im just a bit sick of it when you see them walk away with they're new toy on the back."

Kinda obvious if a player has been on the server for 10 minutes and is running around with an M249 or L96. Most players I know that take heli or brad only care about those guns. Maybe the C4 & HV rockets as well, for future use against brad.
Yes, naughty players will get away with it in the short term, but they should be diciplined according the the server rules & admin duties, and continued rule breaking wins them a permamnet holiday from the server. It should always catch up with them in the end.

• Like 1

• Staff
7 minutes ago, rubiks-q-bert said:

I've heard about the instancing thing. Will that be for heli and brad?

Correct, but the update coming shortly will just be for Bradley. We're working to update heli signals to work with the new system before it's enabled for instancing. Bradley signals are already compatible. Bradley signals will be implemented Monday for live testing and added to the new Blackmarket Wednesday or Thursday.

• Like 2

• Staff

This system is now live. We'll post more information about it once it's fully released. Here's a quick mention from the Discord announcement posted earlier:

Our new Bradley instance system is now also live on our modded servers. Players who deal at least 200 damage (subject to change) will now get their own instance of loot for every single crate. The crate will remain visible until all players have looted.

• Like 2
  • Love 1