Green dot showed on the map @ Giant Excavator

Speciekuip

Hello,

A new airdrop will always be marked on the map with a green dot. Its ok for me to mark it so you can see where it lands to claim you are the first.

But after some rounds of running excavator i have the same green dot when i called in the suplydrop from it. If you run GIant Excavator for some time you'll be able to call in a airdrop, but this airdrop is also marked on the map with a green dot. Basicly is it a personal airdrop, because you'll got to call it in when the excavator is running. It cost you 4 diesel to call 1 airdrop.

Is it possible to remove that green dot from the excavator called in airdrop? Maybe with the next wipe?

When you call it in players are thinking it is a normal airdrop, because of the showed green dot on the map. Had already explained it to several people 🙂

Edited by Speciekuip

4 hours ago, Speciekuip said:

Hello,

A new airdrop will always be marked on the map with a green dot. Its ok for me to mark it so you can see where it lands to claim you are the first.

But after some rounds of running excavator i have the same green dot when i called in the suplydrop from it. If you run GIant Excavator for some time you'll be able to call in a airdrop, but this airdrop is also marked on the map with a green dot. Basicly is it a personal airdrop, because you'll got to call it in when the excavator is running. It cost you 4 diesel to call 1 airdrop.

Is it possible to remove that green dot from the excavator called in airdrop? Maybe with the next wipe?

When you call it in players are thinking it is a normal airdrop, because of the showed green dot on the map. Had already explained it to several people 🙂

I brought this up earlier. It's being treated as a public airdrop (which is bullshit) until Death can figure out how to make it locked like a private one.

• Staff

I will see about removing the marker until a proper solution is implemented.

2 hours ago, rubiks-q-bert said:

I brought this up earlier. It's being treated as a public airdrop (which is bullshit) until Death can figure out how to make it locked like a private one.

It's being treated that way because that's how the game recognizes it. Since it's not locked and provides you with world drop loot, it's being treated as such until changed on our end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Death said:

I will see about removing the marker until a proper solution is implemented.

It's being treated that way because that's how the game recognizes it. Since it's not locked and provides you with world drop loot, it's being treated as such until changed on our end.

Oh I get it. Just don't agree, but I know it will get changed at some point. But pretty much everything FP does is with PvP in mind. Just here or any other PvE server, if player X gets the diesel and kills the 18 scientist, why should it be okay for player Y to run up and loot it. In the same breath, air drops are OP AF and as easy as diesel is to get... Related, will airdrops go back to whatever loot table you had them on? Vanilla ones are bonkers...

• 4 weeks later...

The green dot is still there 🙂 Was running excavator earlyer this week and every new spawned airdrop someone showed up to get the loot of it.

When you explain a person that the airdrop actually is payd with diesel fuel they mostly walk away. But because they didn't got the drop loot they'll check those two points where you can get the sulfer from.. I can tell you: that's more annoying than peeps who steal the airdrop..

Now i've seen a good plugin for it: https://umod.org/index.php/plugins/excavator-lock

@Death can this be a solfer for the excavator problems? It locks the complete excavator, the airdrop will be locked and can only be opened by the operator or by members of your rust team. Even the 2 points where you can loot the sulfer or what mineral you are extracting is locked.

Let me know your thoughts about it. 🙂

It's not at all my decision, but my humble thought on this is simple, someone buys a whole bunch of diesel at outpost.. starts the excavator, and returns periodically to empty/ refill it, thus preventing anyone else from using it for however long they wish.

But, coding is not my forte. It might be something possible later on but with more customized behind the scenes work.

Eh, make the price of diesel higher, nerf the output, and entkill the airdrop caller. Excavator buff was designed for PvP servers to make it more of an active spot. On a PvE server, the output has made people extremely lazy. Getting diesel is a joke with so many people having their own pumpjacks and selling cheap fuel. Or just using the 3 monument ones. I keep hearing across all servers of people just loading it up and leaving. Instancing isn't the solution either. Why go out and gather anything at that point. Flat out needs nerfed. 

2 hours ago, Speciekuip said:

The green dot is still there 🙂 Was running excavator earlyer this week and every new spawned airdrop someone showed up to get the loot of it.

When you explain a person that the airdrop actually is payd with diesel fuel they mostly walk away. But because they didn't got the drop loot they'll check those two points where you can get the sulfer from.. I can tell you: that's more annoying than peeps who steal the airdrop..

Officially, it's being treated as a public airdrop. Unofficially, talk to your admins.

On 2/18/2022 at 8:38 PM, rubiks-q-bert said:

Eh, make the price of diesel higher, nerf the output, and entkill the airdrop caller. Excavator buff was designed for PvP servers to make it more of an active spot. On a PvE server, the output has made people extremely lazy. Getting diesel is a joke with so many people having their own pumpjacks and selling cheap fuel. Or just using the 3 monument ones. I keep hearing across all servers of people just loading it up and leaving. Instancing isn't the solution either. Why go out and gather anything at that point. Flat out needs nerfed. 

I dont know what you are complaining? I'm just 1 of that less players who are playing the game as normal as possible without buying stuff online out of the store.

So for me it is a normal hard game and i like it. The lazy people who build very big bases and running pumps and quarry's are not my part of the deal.

3 hours ago, Speciekuip said:

I dont know what you are complaining? I'm just 1 of that less players who are playing the game as normal as possible without buying stuff online out of the store.

So for me it is a normal hard game and i like it. The lazy people who build very big bases and running pumps and quarry's are not my part of the deal.

It's not directed at you. Just that excavator is a garbage monument on pve servers. Makes it entirely to easy. So my statement stands. 

The buff to excavator was 100% directed at making it a nice PVP area in the game. Running excavator isn't any lazier than running a PJ or Quarry though, so I wouldn't call it lazy, but it is an issue on PVE servers when it has to be shared by everyone versus being instanced. Having players on EZ servers dumping 100 barrels into it and going AFK is a huge problem and should not be allowed.. I have been lucky enough on my server to not run into someone doing this yet, and we have been able to negotiate hand off between multiple players wanting to run it. I have not seen too many fights over the airdrops either on my server, so most have learned to keep their hands off those. I still make it a point to call out in chat before I start running it as to how long I have diesel for and if I want the airdrops or not. I also call out when I am done in case someone else wants to start running it. Communication helps with a lot of these issues. The obvious fix is for the monument to be instanced the same as the public PJ's and Quarries are. Until that happens though we all just need to learn to play nice and share.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dave40262000 said:

The buff to excavator was 100% directed at making it a nice PVP area in the game. Running excavator isn't any lazier than running a PJ or Quarry though, so I wouldn't call it lazy, but it is an issue on PVE servers when it has to be shared by everyone versus being instanced. Having players on EZ servers dumping 100 barrels into it and going AFK is a huge problem and should not be allowed.. I have been lucky enough on my server to not run into someone doing this yet, and we have been able to negotiate hand off between multiple players wanting to run it. I have not seen too many fights over the airdrops either on my server, so most have learned to keep their hands off those. I still make it a point to call out in chat before I start running it as to how long I have diesel for and if I want the airdrops or not. I also call out when I am done in case someone else wants to start running it. Communication helps with a lot of these issues. The obvious fix is for the monument to be instanced the same as the public PJ's and Quarries are. Until that happens though we all just need to learn to play nice and share.

You communicate with players on a Community PvE server? *gasp* what a novel idea! ♥ 

Kidding aside, if a player just wants to just hog it - ping an admin to assist with the communication. Always happy to help!

• Like 1