Appealing a Warning

My issues are with the rules on no political signage. i feel that "we the people" and a flag is not political and ive had them taken down. Furthermore it seems that Northstarz specifically targets me ever since my first run in with her. I would like to continue my signage without her taking them down, one of my signs i took over 45 minutes making for her to no warning rip it down, not even allowing me to transport it into my house. Ive asked other admins to look at them and theyve said they dont see an issue. The bulk of the community agrees with me that its not political. im not making signs about presidents or laws or current issues. just a flag and we the people. these things in my understanding of the rule are not political. and do not fall under that rule.

• Staff

Our rules our clearly stated and you were warned last wipe about similar signs and talk. 

You had more than one sign that was political, politically charged or forward. 

Our servers have these rules so that it creates a free space for players to play without having to think about irl issues. 

I understand you feel it is unjust and you want to express yourself. I suggest finding an alternate way of expression so you stay in accordance with our servers rules and continue to be a part of our community.

As admins we do not make the rules we are here to ensure the rules are followed by everyone. 

If we receive reports we investigate and do what we feel is necessary. 

You already have a prior warning for the same type of offence so you were aware of our rules and created those signs anyways.

Instead of issuing you a ban I opted to send another warning and give you an opportunity to correct your gameplay and refrain from painting and posting signs of that nature and stay in accordance with our chat rules/policies. 

Ok my question is why are my flags being taken down when i clearly @ mentioned you in game a few hours ago about another base with a country flag, his flag is still up, why is my flag being taken down but others are not, the rules do not state if a flag is political or not, i even asked this in game chat and got no reply. So if flags are permitted why are you @northstarz taking mine down but not others? i had a sign saying 1776 and that was taken down, that is 100% not political, pro gun is also not political at all. I fully understand you taking the thomas paine quote down, the rest were not political. no other admins have delt with those signs, maybe if you see these signs and get triggered get another admin to take a look before you destroy them. im screenshotting all my signage as i feel you are specifically targeting me out. here is a below pic of the base i @ mentioned you too and its still up yet mine was taken down by you. Furthermore these are different signs than list wipe that i thought were not political at all minus the thomas paine quote, i knew that was borderline, the rest were your opinion, in which get another admin to take a look next time, or even screenshot them, as i do not believe they were political at all.

Screenshot (100).png

Edited by LiveFastRaceHard
  • Like 1
On 2/9/2022 at 2:53 AM, LiveFastRaceHard said:

Ok my question is why are my flags being taken down when i clearly @ mentioned you in game a few hours ago about another base with a country flag, his flag is still up, why is my flag being taken down but others are not, the rules do not state if a flag is political or not, i even asked this in game chat and got no reply. So if flags are permitted why are you @northstarz taking mine down but not others? i had a sign saying 1776 and that was taken down, that is 100% not political, pro gun is also not political at all. I fully understand you taking the thomas paine quote down, the rest were not political. no other admins have delt with those signs, maybe if you see these signs and get triggered get another admin to take a look before you destroy them. im screenshotting all my signage as i feel you are specifically targeting me out. here is a below pic of the base i @ mentioned you too and its still up yet mine was taken down by you. Furthermore these are different signs than list wipe that i thought were not political at all minus the thomas paine quote, i knew that was borderline, the rest were your opinion, in which get another admin to take a look next time, or even screenshot them, as i do not believe they were political at all.

Screenshot (100).png

I don't see anyone wrong here.

On 2/8/2022 at 8:27 PM, LiveFastRaceHard said:

My issues are with the rules on no political signage. i feel that "we the people" and a flag is not political and ive had them taken down. Furthermore it seems that Northstarz specifically targets me ever since my first run in with her. I would like to continue my signage without her taking them down, one of my signs i took over 45 minutes making for her to no warning rip it down, not even allowing me to transport it into my house. Ive asked other admins to look at them and theyve said they dont see an issue. The bulk of the community agrees with me that its not political. im not making signs about presidents or laws or current issues. just a flag and we the people. these things in my understanding of the rule are not political. and do not fall under that rule.

I know us regular players aren't supposed to chime in on appeals, but this was only a warning so I will make a comment. I think the issue is with the "We the People" part and not the flag in particular. I think a US flag that said United States would most likely be ok.. When there is any additional commentary I believe is when it becomes an issue. I am American myself, so I understand your point of view, but Rust is a global game and the server rules say no political commentary. Their server/their rules. Ask them to confirm if just the flag that says USA or United States is acceptable and go with that..  

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, dave40262000 said:

I know us regular players aren't supposed to chime in on appeals, but this was only a warning so I will make a comment. I think the issue is with the "We the People" part and not the flag in particular. I think a US flag that said United States would most likely be ok.. When there is any additional commentary I believe is when it becomes an issue. I am American myself, so I understand your point of view, but Rust is a global game and the server rules say no political commentary. Their server/their rules. Ask them to confirm if just the flag that says USA or United States is acceptable and go with that..  

The Flag that he has up is Austria which probably represent where he is, and I don't see anything wrong with that. Unless he is pushing a political flag then that would be reasonable to remove said flag from the sign.

4 minutes ago, KombatKen said:

The Flag that he has up is Austria which probably represent where he is, and I don't see anything wrong with that. Unless he is pushing a political flag then that would be reasonable to remove said flag from the sign.

exactly...the picture posted is simply a country flag with name of country, which i would feel is perfectly fine within the rules.

• Staff

There is nothing wrong with flags. The flag posted was not the one that was taken down.

No controversial or politically-forward verbiage and/or imagery is allowed and if reported will be investigated.

As there is no ban to appeal I will lock the thread.

If anyone has any other questions always feel free to ask your admins. Check out our (FAQ