The Combat Zone (Controlled PvP Event zone)

DriverX

The Combat Zone (totally not ripped from Fallout 4) would be a PvP zone where players can pay (or it could be free) to participate in combat games against other players. Kits would be provided to the players, with different kits giving different options. This would offer players the option to participate in combat activities against other players in a controlled environment, allowing players to have a fun time doing PvP action.

The Combat Zone would, in theory, be a large Semi-open arena with open areas/peeking holes/sniping positions for players to engage in a variety of PvP combat. Certain areas would be HQM, with others being wood/twig (optional) to allow flanking options. It would be located offshore or on a remote island to ensure other players aren't hampered by it's size. Players wouldn't worry about loss, as their kits are provided to them for free.

The Combat Zone would be an event location that could be open for hours if enough players are interested, and could be turned off if need be, or if another event comes up.

Some Game modes in the Combat Zone could be:
- Team Deathmatch = Players are split in 2 teams with coloured shirts for identification (If possible, disable looting of players)
- FFA (Free For All) = Players would be given the same kit and the last person standing wins
- CTF (Capture the flag) = Players need to bring the opponents "flag" to their base to win the game

And Some Misc Gamemodes/events that could also be played:
- Hide and Seek = 1 (or more seekers) hunt down the hiding in the combat zone [Best done at night]
- Knives out = FFA but players only have armour and a combat knife
- Boom Match = FFA, but Players only have 5 grenades 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, DriverX said:

I did specify that it would be an event zone/location, but yes, I agree with your points. I don't think having another separate server would be a viable option however.

That's gonna be a steep uphill battler to get something like that implemented. Servers already struggle for various reasons (not a diss, an observation). Adding a whole new zone? I can't imagine it will help. The most common answer to anything PvP is "there are servers out there like that" and I don't disagree. I don't think RustEZ needs something like this to keep thriving. Case in point being the population has been booming as of late across all servers.

• Haha 1

Just gonna break down your comment so each part can be argued better on my end.
- Zone is more of a loose term to designate that that's where it's going to be. All it's going to be is an arena that events can be held in.

- The intention isn't adding a "new zone" where PvP can happen without admin intervention, I'm already aware that's not gonna work. It's just going to be an area where multiple combat related events can be done consecutively for a couple of hours if wanted..

- There isn't servers where TDM or fun events can happen, that are PVP, unless you dig really hard. Most PvP servers are purely focused on standard survival combat, where the idea of the Combat Zone is more branched upon teamwork and planning. And some of the events are just designed to be silly whilst letting players have fun (e.g Boom match).

- In relation to your point on it not helping it thrive. Why wouldn't an area where people can do PvP in a controlled environment and do silly PvP events not help the server thrive? In Fact, a few of the events I've listed either have (at least on AU Scourge), or are planned to be done anyway. Why wouldn't a prebuilt area help with that?

- And wouldn't the population boom more if we added an option for players to Combat others in a safe, risk-less environment?

Edited by DriverX

4 hours ago, DriverX said:

Just gonna break down your comment so each part can be argued better on my end.
- Zone is more of a loose term to designate that that's where it's going to be. All it's going to be is an arena that events can be held in.

- The intention isn't adding a "new zone" where PvP can happen without admin intervention, I'm already aware that's not gonna work. It's just going to be an area where multiple combat related events can be done consecutively for a couple of hours if wanted..

- There isn't servers where TDM or fun events can happen, that are PVP, unless you dig really hard. Most PvP servers are purely focused on standard survival combat, where the idea of the Combat Zone is more branched upon teamwork and planning. And some of the events are just designed to be silly whilst letting players have fun (e.g Boom match).

- In relation to your point on it not helping it thrive. Why wouldn't an area where people can do PvP in a controlled environment and do silly PvP events not help the server thrive? In Fact, a few of the events I've listed either have (at least on AU Scourge), or are planned to be done anyway. Why wouldn't a prebuilt area help with that?

- And wouldn't the population boom more if we added an option for players to Combat others in a safe, risk-less environment?

I wouldn't say argue... it's a discussion is all.  I also would not mind a small pvp area, but it would have to be completely isolated from the rest of the map to prevent confusion with the rest of the server. Having a large island might be a possible solution, but these are PVE servers and the owner may prefer to just keep them purely PVE. There are already crash issues on occasion and the owner has been working hard to get just the right balance of map size to try and eliminate those. Adding another mod like a PVP zone/bubble would most likely cause more issues with that. I do like the idea of having limited PVP from time to time and I hopefully this will be discussed further in the future.

I have heard there was pvp stuff at some point on Rustez which I may have heard wrong so dont quote me but it ended badly which most pvp stuff does I agree with rubiks I dont believe the Rustez servers really need pvp on them for as stated there are pvp or hybrid pve/pvp servers out there and ppl come here to escape all that for pvp usually brings drama

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sgttuggle said:

I have heard there was pvp stuff at some point on Rustez which I may have heard wrong so dont quote me but it ended badly which most pvp stuff does I agree with rubiks I dont believe the Rustez servers really need pvp on them for as stated there are pvp or hybrid pve/pvp servers out there and ppl come here to escape all that for pvp usually brings drama

Before my time but heard the same thing. 

• 4 weeks later...

One of the issues surrounding this that I’ve heard a lot of from staff is that having a dedicated PVP area brings more PVP minded people, and typically, some of those PVP minded people introduce some level of toxicity which then bleeds out in to the other areas of the server. I think this risk would be mitigated by there being nothing to lose or gain, but that still puts pride on the line, and people generally behave in a more toxic manner when their sense of pride is hurt. 

With that being said, I love PVP, and I would never argue against a PVP zone, personally. 

• Like 1