Abandoned TC's.

Nightclaw42

I don't know if anything can be done about this, but regarding random TC's to claim land. Would it be possible to remove ones that in the middle of patches of land with nothing built nearby. Right now next to my base there are two TC's just sitting there and what looks to be a partially built base that was abandoned. Maybe have it so if you don't visit the TC in 7 days it's removed. It's really annoying that I can't expand in one direction because someone put a TC down, but then for all intents and purposes never came back. I can understand putting TC to make a land claim early in the wipe if you're exploring and not sure where you want to build so you put one down for possibility that you might come back later, but come on. If you don't plan to build there take the thing down. Don't just leave it.

very possible.. I assumed they were linked to the abandoned base. If the player just relocated and is still active though the purge would not remove them. I like the idea if a TC isn't touched for 7 days it would qualify also for the purge. I know that could cause some pain if people load their TC and forget to touch it, but it would help with all the random TC's and partial bases scattered around each server. People would just have to learn to remember to check their TC's weekly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dave40262000 said:

very possible.. I assumed they were linked to the abandoned base. If the player just relocated and is still active though the purge would not remove them. I like the idea if a TC isn't touched for 7 days it would qualify also for the purge. I know that could cause some pain if people load their TC and forget to touch it, but it would help with all the random TC's and partial bases scattered around each server. People would just have to learn to remember to check their TC's weekly.

It would also help new players who come into a wipe late as it would insure land availability.

• Staff

You can report it to any admin (green names) on your server to investigate the base and TC's.

Always feel free to contact admins on your server and report things. 

We rely heavily on reports from players like you.

Report and let us investigate so we can continue to keep the servers as great as they are with a community that cares as much about it as we do.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Sorry to bump, but I wanted to whine about a similar behavior.

I notice on wipe day that there are players who log in and use single twig foundations with TCs to claim entire rivers, dropping them all along the riverbank on both sides. My preferred build is a farm base, and it can be infuriating on wipe day to find river after river 'claimed' by players who often leave these TCs for a week or more. Seems like they log in to Survival, drop the TCs and then play on another server or build in another area for a week, returning to build on their choice piece of land. Logging back in periodically to defeat the automated removal process.

Growing up I had a sister who would watch Mom cut cakes or pies, then size up the biggest piece and lick it to ensure she got it. We cured that behavior by denying her pie or cake when she was caught doing that. This selfish twig and TC behavior seems little better than this to me.

When I asked about this a year ago, I was told the player had ten days to return and build there. This has since been replaced by the above mentioned automated inactive purge process and I think a 24 hour limit. But this seems like it can be defeated simply by logging in and out, resetting the timer.