Do Good Neighbors Clear cut every tree next to you?

kingdl1st

I go to far island to get away and over the weekend I get a new neighbor that clear cuts ever tree in what was once a forest. Now a treeless field. 

I would like to suggest that trees are subject to the same rules as building, if you cant build there you cant cut the trees. 

I do not see this as being possible, reasonable, and it's not enforceable.

We will not likely ever tell a player they cannot remove a tree, a node, or to not kill a chicken. They are all collectible resources.

I do understand how you might have liked the aesthetic with the woods but harvesting them is simply a part of the game. The trees will return over time.

Don't see chickens or nodes as the same as a forest and I think you can make what you want part of the game. Just my thoughts. 

For the most part being nice in on most RUST servers is not part of the game, but yet I think nice is a big part of the culture on this server. Cutting ever single tree down is not being nice or a good neighbor  in my very limited opinion. 

Leave your neighbor a note or talk to them in game when on and discuss it. They might not have even known you preferred the trees there. Chopping trees is just part of the game and I know I tend to clear all the trees near my base out of laziness (to roam farther away) even if it looks better with them there.

• 2 weeks later...

Spikes you can see (or feel). Gets the msg across. A sign you might miss, cut down anyways.

On this wipe in my "backyard" I put up 4 metal barricades around one of those enormous trees we sometimes get. And Galaxy Cake, after having the tree in front of her shop cut down (despite a polite sign!)  put up a prison cell and floor lights around the next one. Looks really nice too. Nobody's cutting that one down.

43 minutes ago, Lord McGuffin said:

Spikes you can see (or feel). Gets the msg across. A sign you might miss, cut down anyways.

On this wipe in my "backyard" I put up 4 metal barricades around one of those enormous trees we sometimes get. And Galaxy Cake, after having the tree in front of her shop cut down (despite a polite sign!)  put up a prison cell and floor lights around the next one. Looks really nice too. Nobody's cutting that one down.

Bobby Bones Sheep GIF by National Geographic Channel

I know nothing.

4 hours ago, Lord McGuffin said:

Problem with traps is they aren't supposed to be put outside, so for me, it's spite at that point. Shallow, don't care.