Excavator Instancing

Raul

• Staff

This wipe we're introducing Excavator Instancing. They're very similar to the way current Public Mining-Quarries and Pumpjacks work; the input and output containers are private and are locked to you to access.

How It Works

The Excavator will always be online. All you have to do is to put enough Diesel Fuel in the fuel container, go to the Control Panel, select the type of material you want your Instanced Excavator to harvest, then voila! Both output piles are now filling up with goodies. To note, whenever these containers fill up, the harvesting for you only will stop and won't burn your fuel, until you're clearing the outputs. Something else to note is that the Control Panel materials are also instanced, so whenever you change them, they only apply for your output piles.

Excavator Computer & Airdrops

Airdrop Calls through the Excavator computer is now also instanced. This means that when the Airdrop lands, only the caller is able to open and loot it, and nobody else. The computer behaves the same way as the Excavator - it's always online and it'll always charge back up to 100% and does not need anyone's fuel to function.

• Like 3
  • Love 10

• Death pinned this topic

When the server resets at night @Raul  it seems like the excavator acts up a bit. I have a few occasions where I loaded it  and woke up and the material it was farming wasn't there.  I think when the server resets at night and  it's back up in running it doesn't remember what mining setting it had and just exhaust the diesel that is in it thats my theory idk if its right or not. But yea i lost diesel and the material mining a few times upon server reset and im not sure exactly what caused it.

• Staff
14 hours ago, JayOnyx said:

When the server resets at night @Raul  it seems like the excavator acts up a bit. I have a few occasions where I loaded it  and woke up and the material it was farming wasn't there.  I think when the server resets at night and  it's back up in running it doesn't remember what mining setting it had and just exhaust the diesel that is in it thats my theory idk if its right or not. But yea i lost diesel and the material mining a few times upon server reset and im not sure exactly what caused it.

Hey there! This should be fixed by now. Please let me know if stuff still acts up in any way from this point forward.

• Like 2

• Death unpinned this topic