Newest Devblog raises a question about "blueprints"

bleaumeani

As stated in the new blog, things will be going "back" to needing blueprint partials for most everything?  Never played legacy days so i'm guessing their pushing back towards that for game fairness?  Everyone on an even playing field so to speak.  Is this going to happen to all servers, or just the non modded ones?  Here's my concerns, mainly dealing with the heli and mr brad.  If we can't make it right off, how are we spose to even defend ourselves against them?  I'm ok with an even playing field, but after facepunch nerfing both heli and brad, then taking our tools away from us to even put up a fight? ehhh

• Like 1

• Staff

The BP system will not affect skins but will affect the way you craft tools and guns. Instead of pressing Q to craft let's say an AK, you'll first either need to research the AK by finding one or taking them from another player. If you're successful in the research it will give you a BP which you then can use to craft additional AKs and all additional weapons. You can also find BPs in monuments as you would any other component but it will be a very rare drop.

If you find a duplicated blueprint which you already have learned it will stay in your inventory to which you can then give or sell to other players. This system is designed to prevent fresh spawns from crafting an AK in the first 20 minutes of playing. But the issue most servers will face is that BP's do not wipe along with servers and can go months with the same data causing players with progression to basically become alphas unless the server wipes BPs everyone which would be very rare.

TL: DR
To craft a weapon you'll need to research an existing weapon or find a blueprint. Dupe blueprints can be traded or sold. If in the event majority dislikes the BP system all EZ servers will allow players to learn all BP's on login.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to this.  As for Brad and the heli, players won't be engaging them unless they already have the tools necessary to do so.  That's not an issue really, since Brad is easily avoided and the heli won't attack unless you're geared up.  The launch site can be looted easily without even having Bradley fire at you.  To be honest, it's way too easy now to jump in a server as a Bambi and have an AK within a half hour.  I think it'll encourage a lot more trading as well.  I suppose all we can do is wait and see how it plays out, but in my opinion it's a step in the right direction for progression.  Personally, I would prefer the blueprints are wiped when the server is wiped, but again we'll have to see how others feel about it.

• Like 1

I'm reserving judgement for when I see what the next branch looks like but if the new BP system is anything like the old BP system it's all about luck, someone will find the AK BP within 10 minutes of looting and trade them away. Betsy shouldn't be a problem after the first few hours. I'm sure a clan full of Bambis could suit up quite quickly, it's the solo players who will be inconvenienced. It's just super annoying.

However, once I get my hands on a BP I'll sell them I'll sell them by the hundred if necessary. Day Two PigeonMart is going to be "All the Blueprints-Mart"

• Like 1

Oh yeah, coming across a full item, or an item blueprint is definitely all about luck.  I'm hoping the 3 tier workbench will prevent the more rare items from being crafted at the start of the game.  That all depends on what's involved in crafting a tier 3 bench.  For sure, groups will have the advantage since you only need one person to be able to craft something.  I don't see it being much of an issue on Survival, since most of us don't mind sharing the things we need.

• Like 1