My proposal for next month's map.

Pigeon

Hands down this is the best 4000 size map.

Size: 4000
Seed: 60

So I spent a few hours looking through the maps around 4000 size and here's why I think that this is the best map. The mountain placement looks like it'll funnel nakeds into one spot both on the east and west coast. Those points also have flattish land great for community centers.

Tons of Land - Since most of the radtowns are clustered in a line in the south it leaves tons of land just north and south of them. 

Shallow Water Areas - There is plenty of shallow water areas great for building. 

Great Roads - Road network is relatively connected. 

Cool stuff- Cool Cave in a lake on an island. Big Mountain but smallish foot print. There are a couple icebergs nearby, granted not as good as our current map with that massive one right there. 

All the radtowns! - I checked it's got every Radtown. 

• Train Yard
  • 2x Harbors (Large and Small)
  • Satellite Dish
  • Power Plant
  • Water treatment
  • Launch site
  • Dome
  • Military Tunnels
  • Airfield. 
  • 3x Mining Outposts.
  • 3x Gas Stations
  • 3x Sperm Kets
  • 2x Lighthouses
  • At least 17 Caves
  • Tons of Transformers... more than meets the eye. (sorry...)

I know it's not perfect, there are some problems like an island in the grasslands, which means some fresh spawns will have swim a little bit. And the launchsite is a bit in the arctic biome, but overall it's a great map. 

http://playrust.io/map/?Procedural Map_4000_60

4000_60.png

• Like 2
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, Death said:

This is a solid map for survival but for pure we'll most likely need a 5k map to sustain plots.

Maybe survival needs bigger map, cause it has x2 rates and levels, so people have more resources then in pure server? Or maybe both of them need at least 5k map? And my opinion, that LS must be somewhere near the center of the map, cause it's the main Monument and everybody visit it. We can use RustIO to choose the map seed easily. But it's other side with bigger map - 5k force u to run very long distances, so we'll really need cars or teleports,  or people will kill themselves very often)))

I mean something like this one:

Map

Edited by Intriguer

• 2 months later...