Feedback & Suggestions

Death

• Staff
3 hours ago, Postanou said:

Can we have it so partially looted containers drop their remaining contents, just like on the modded servers?

While this is possible now, I'm going to leave it as-is to try and be as vanilla as possible.

2 hours ago, Butters said:

Same protections for chests and sleepers like they have scourge and survival while on modded please 😄 

We will carry over the basic protections offered on our modded servers as they do not effect base gameplay mechanics.

• Staff
3 hours ago, Elon Rust said:

I don't know if I'm saying a heresy, but a plugin that doesn't distort the game, but would make it more comfortable would be the: SORTER plugin! for everything else, I love this settings!

That's not something we'd add unfortunately. The server will remain as close to vanilla as possible.

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2022 at 10:29 PM, Death said:
On 8/27/2022 at 8:05 PM, Butters said:

Same protections for chests and sleepers like they have scourge and survival while on modded please 😄 

We will carry over the basic protections offered on our modded servers as they do not effect base gameplay mechanics.

I would love to upvote this.

• 1 month later...

(Pure PVE)

i understand why fertilizer was nurfed but now people have to go to extreams to get the same result for use with farming ive had up to 20 horses since nurf and hurd of others on the servers having 3 times that amount could the shop at bandit camp have fert removed because its making growing berrys much harder for no other reason that people abusing the bandit camp store

also a plug in that would allow us to code lock our vhiecles would be a big help and stop people having to lock everything away and loose things like helis or horses for example

https://umod.org/plugins/vehicle-deployed-locks

Edited by pOLISHEDTURN
  • Love 2

Afternoon/Evening.

After my first wipe i have a few ideas which may make the player experience a wee bit better 🙂

Rules

Windmills - After a couple of times that i had been told to remove more than 3 windmills on the server i often do drive around the map and notice bases with 4  or more, If these cause as much lag as it would suggest maybe this is something that needs to be adapted into the rules. 

floodlights Another thing which was up for debate, these can cause lag depending on what type of machine you run but again nothing within the rules which state that there is a limit to how many you can have within a compound or on a base.

Just a more precise re-write of the rules may omit all of these small issues which can turn into large issues. 🙂

Game improvments.

I do understand that you want to keep this server as close to vanilla as possible but here are a few ideas which i see!.

Horse poop - Compared with other servers it doesnt seem very low, Now i understand this was to stop large amounts to be traded for scrap but maybe remove to option from bandit camp as we are needing Horse 50+ to get enough poop to make our farms work.

Box drops / Barrels - I noticed this quite a lot in the ealier part in the wipe, Barrels and boxes which had been looted but still had items inside, Although i do understand you try keep the server close to non modded, this is something that does effect players which means sometimes we have to wait longer as another player has not looted the box or barrel 

Locks for mini / scrapy etc - On other servers there is a plugin where you can lock almost everything which allows people not to worry about having to compound areas of land to protect there stuff. This may also reduce the amount of work on the staff team by not allowing players to steal otherthings within the game. "https://umod.org/plugins/vehicle-deployed-locks"

Otherwise you have a great staff team and a server which has a freindly player base and i look forward to playing in wipes to come. 

Thanks in advance, 

Annoyed Grunt 

• Love 2

• 1 month later...

raidable bases that spawn around the map every now and then. cus ik u guys try to keep it as vanilla as possible and ik its a pvp server but somtimes u find a satchel or beancan grenade or something like that in a crate and i think its a good way to make use of those items. i have seen it in a different server and sometimes its fun to go around the map raiding bases that arent just 2x2s and stuff like that.

Edited by Darkened_Light
i didndt give a reason for my suggestion
  • Like 2

On 1/10/2023 at 4:18 PM, Darkened_Light said:

raidable bases that spawn around the map every now and then. cus ik u guys try to keep it as vanilla as possible and ik its a pvp server but somtimes u find a satchel or beancan grenade or something like that in a crate and i think its a good way to make use of those items. i have seen it in a different server and sometimes its fun to go around the map raiding bases that arent just 2x2s and stuff like that.

Although i can understand the want for these on the server, this would definately go against the concept of the "Pure" server. This is a more vanilla server with slight RustEZ tweaks for QOL (eg salvage hammer).

• Like 1

A Plugin that makes it so u can choose what u want ur build to be and then when u place a foundation or something it automatically makes it that material so then u dont need to get like 50k wood for something that doesnt even have any wood or twig foundations and stuff. it would take a bit more stone for example then usual but it also doesnt take up wood

just thought it would be a nice QoL Plugin

• 6 months later...
On 1/12/2023 at 8:05 AM, Tahaw said:

Although i can understand the want for these on the server, this would definately go against the concept of the "Pure" server. This is a more vanilla server with slight RustEZ tweaks for QOL (eg salvage hammer).

Raiding IS a crucial part of Vanilla. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 8/27/2022 at 5:29 AM, Death said:

While this is possible now, I'm going to leave it as-is to try and be as vanilla as possible.

Lord Death of RustEZ, I pray today for the releasing of unwanted items in crates and bins. I pray that we can unlock the autodrop from scourge and survival in the realm of US Pure. I have a goat prepared for the sacrifice at the altar.

While I appreciate the "vanilla as possible" mindset, I truly dont think that this negatively affects our vanilla stance as must as adds a small creature comfort that alleviates the angry people such as my self, who continuously sees cherry picked loot. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2024 at 4:46 PM, Sentinell said:

I made a separate topic for this in the Pure forum, but I'd like to suggest either doubling the mining quarries' output to be competitive with Giant Excavator or removing them from maps going forward, as there is currently no reason to use them.

Well, no reason apart from not needing to clear a bunch of scientists from them every time you want to run it.  I guess the price you pay is half the output.