Recent Pumpjack changes

Syntax_Errors

wanted to post my thoughts on something, the recent changes to pump jacks.
1= i think the timing on when they were changed was wrong, I think i remember Death saying in a public q&a a couple of weeks ago he was planning on changing it but said he would give at least a months notice, this didnt happen, it was changed a couple days after wipe, when a lot had already bought there stuff for the wipe, expecting it to work the way it did when purchased.
i understand sometimes things need to change, but i think on this occasion it was done wrongly.

2= The way it was written in the notes i also think was not clear to a lot, "Increase instancing process rate to improve server performance and decrease output" this to me is very unclear, and a stealthy way to say " we are removing 120 output ticks per hour from all pumpjacks" i am no programming wizz as many aren't.

3= the Nerf was way to much 120 ticks per hour is a huge nerf, i understand sometimes things need to be done for performance and id back that but not this huge a nerf, especially 2 days into a wipe when people have already payed out.

I love the rustez servers and i wont be going elsewhere, and i will continue to support this place but, i think on his occasion it was a badly timed thing, that needs to be addressed and maybe even, have the nerf reduced.

always a faithful customer Syntax (edited)

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

I completely agree with what both are saying as I have asked if pumpjacks had been nurfed. I knew I was not wrong. Unfortunately I did not know of any notes regarding this going around. I have just bought 2 - 20x pumpjacks and the out put is a very noticible compared to the 2- 10 x ones I had around the time of this original post. I couldn't keep up with the output and farming . So could there please be a compromise to adding more ticks per hour. 

• Staff
3 hours ago, SHANE said:

I completely agree with what both are saying as I have asked if pumpjacks had been nurfed. I knew I was not wrong. Unfortunately I did not know of any notes regarding this going around. I have just bought 2 - 20x pumpjacks and the out put is a very noticible compared to the 2- 10 x ones I had around the time of this original post. I couldn't keep up with the output and farming . So could there please be a compromise to adding more ticks per hour. 

Pumpjacks were not nerfed. I'm not sure what the OP is referring to other than a slight nerf to processing rate of public quarries/pjs made in December.